The Plot Bunny Hutch: free to a good home

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

The Plot Bunny Hutch: free to a good home

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Here's the place to put the wild ideas swimming around in your head that you'd like to see in a story. Of course we'd all rather that you write your own story, but sometimes there's just no time... Or maybe you can't figure out a way to connect it to canon... Or maybe you just don't think you've got the writing chops for it (all I can say to that is you'll never know unless you try). In any case, here's where to put your bunnies until you can find a good home for them.

I'm thinking that I'd like to see a story where the entire crew is forced to attend a Betazoid wedding. :twisted:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: The Plot Bunny Hutch: free to a good home

Postby Cogito » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 pm

I seem to remember enjoying a story where Trip and T'Pol went to a Betazoid wedding - with T'Pau, I think. That almost certainly means that our very own Kotik wrote it, which may explain why I remember it so fondly.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:37 pm

One of the intriguing canon empty spaces is how the coalition of four species, Andorians, Tellarites, Vulcans and humans morphed into i believe (14) species immediately following the Romulan War when Archer gave his speech (btw i consider it canon from Daniels in the 3rd season, not due to the p.o.s. episode that never happened). Not sure who all the new folks were, but doubtless some of them helped out during the war. That is (10) unexplored story lines.

From TOS "A piece of the action" when did the gangsters get the book....
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:59 pm

I suppose that humanity must have actively sought out potential allies in the build up to and during the war. It would probably have needed some long-range reconnaissance missions - similar to the giga-transect that I'm reading about in another story.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:20 pm

First bunny: My MU meet RU story The Naked Truth - the extended version. :popcorn:

Second plot bunny is a Hoshi/Archer story with no happy end (for them). Hoshi is engaged to her Japanese boyfriend as Jon shows up at her front door, needing her help with a trauma they both suffered in the past. It makes Hoshi think back of her youth, when she first met Jon, their friendship, her love for him and her disappointment when she joins the crew to find out Jon is captain first and doesn't want to rekindle what they felt about each other and how she thought she had it all behind her... :muhoshi: :archer:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:51 pm

My plot bunny is from a story I started that I'm pretty sure I'll never finish -- why did the Denobulans disappear from the Federation? Did they suddenly go isolationist? Did the war with their enemies restart? Did they get wiped out in some other way? (What if something Phlox did during the series created a terrible enemy?)

My problem is that I started writing a story to explain this in which Trip is an old man -- they're all old -- and I think I just don't have much enthusiasm for that scenario. It doesn't have to be that way, though.

So if anyone wants to have fun, go for it.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Most of my abandoned plot bunnies seem to be fluffy bunnies that evaporated into dust bunnies. I will try to find a few under the bed and sweep them up and sprinkle them with a little water so I can pick them up and deposit them here. The only one I can think of now is an idea about T'Les actually being murdered, not just a casualty of a rock falling on her during the bombing of the sanctuary- somebody close to her had it in for her because of a relationship gone sour or wanted to silence her before she told her daughter something to incriminate someone.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:58 am

Given the circumstances, I think it would be really great if someone could take this plot bunny Silverbullet brought to me a while back and run with it. I think it's a great idea, and he and I were working on it together for a bit around Halloween last year, but it's a pretty complex idea and I guess he decided not to pursue it. Here's the gist of it.

After Similitude, Sim's body is shot into space, but instead of staying there the coffin is picked up as salvage and brought to a nearby space station. While in storage there the larva that was Sim matures into an alien slug-like creature and begins attacking the inhabitants. They send out an SOS that Enterprise answers. An away team lands on the station only to find all the occupants have been eaten. They hunt down the alien slug while it hunts them in typical horror movie fashion. The climax was to be a confrontation where the slug almost eats Trip, T'Pol somehow telepathically communicates with the slug, and the slug "remembers" her. It allows itself to be killed rather than harm Trip because it still has feelings for her.

Isn't that a cool idea? Perfect for Halloween, lots of exciting gore, T'Pol gets to save Trip's life AND there's a poignant noble monster moment. I think it's perfect.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”