I believe, I just lost my lunch

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

I believe, I just lost my lunch

Postby Kotik » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:40 am

Good grief, I think I just got sick over a website :? Three days ago, a well known German actor and comedian, who was openly gay, died of cardiac arrest. Today a website 'kreuz.net' (transl. cross.net) - a catholic news website - published an obituary, the headline of which read "The feces poker finally burns in homo-hell", citing that due to his 'perverted lifestyle' he was "worthy of death" and "a child molester by default". I don't think, I've ever read something as sick as that :upchuck: As an atheist I don't know what church is all about, but if that's it, maybe the armed forces could rectify the problem :upchuck:

EDIT: Just found out, that the fundamentalist scum is hosted somewhere in Illinois, despite being a German site. If you live in the area and experience connection problems - sorry :reddawn:

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: I believe, I just lost my lunch

Postby Distracted » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:27 am

Whatever that website says, Kotik, it's not sanctioned by the Catholic church. No true Catholic Christian would ever spout such filth. Jesus said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", and told Christians to "attend to the log in your own eye" before worrying about the splinter in someone else's. Based on that, even though the Catholic church does teach that homosexual acts are sinful, spouting hate speech on the internet is equally so, and so is judging others. None of us can possibly know what was going on in the poor dead guy's head and heart before he died, so his salvation or lack thereof is known only to him and to God. You're right that the site is disgusting, but it's definitely not Catholic.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:36 am

I don't know much about the ins and outs of the church, but from what I saw (and it was a brief stay), it seems to affiliate itself with something called the Society of St. Pius X. I don't know, how accurate the info in wikipedia is, but if it is, it basically amounts to a neo-fascist faction within the Catholic church. Well, we gave their servers a little tickling this morning and alerted the authorities, as publishing hate-monging texts of obviously right-wing radical content is a criminal offense in Germany. But I suppose that won't help much, as the servers are situated abroad (we narrowed it down to somewhere in the Cleveland area).

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:54 am

That probably won't help here. Hate speech is allowed according to the first amendment, as long as it doesn't include terroristic threats.

Distracted is right, though -- a sanctioned Catholic site here would never put that up, and it would become a huge scandal if it did.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 pm

You're probably right, Alelou. :cry: I'm a strong supporter of free speech myself, but some things shouldn't be covered by it. I suppose the first amendment is, why most right-wing extremist groups have their stuff hosted in the States. They know that they'd be hunted down in Europe. We crashed their server in the morning to let them know they're being watched, but that's as far as protest can go, a more permanent action against them would expose us to criminal investigation :?

As far as them not being officially sanctioned. I dearly hope that they're not officially sanctioned, but the do have a certain exposure in the German speaking countries, so this site is not the brainchild of some lone disgruntled worshiper either. People seem to notice however, because their site is inundated with comments from offended people. Usually they're know to delete unfavourable comments, but currently they can't...

ok, a subtle change to their database might have contributed to their problems with deleting records. Don't blame me for them keeping the default password for the dba account :badgrin:

--- Edit ---
Wow. Looks like we poked a hornets nest :shock:

First of all their "users" seem to have noticed our little visit :lol: :
SPOILER!!!:
translated comment from a user:
Hey, the site was completely down for an hour this morning. Didn't your staff always brag about how we are protected against any attacks from the Protestunten (transl. protestant trannys - their buzzword for protestants). Looks like it didn't work. Were the admins sleeping or were they all jacking off over the Tridentine Mass.

In other news. I received a notification email, saying that my alert to the police has been transferred to the department "Incitement of the People" of the Federal Agency for the Protection of the Constitution (German counterpart of F.B.I, but also the states secret service) for investigation. Gotta love the eGovernment - things move fast.
The publisher of a well known gay lifestyle magazine has offered a six figure bounty for exposing the author of the article. I think those Catholiban are toast :reddawn:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Heh. Catholiban. That's a good one. This link should clarify their status with the church a bit more. The founders of the society were excommunicated over a decade ago from the Catholic Church. It's a bit more complicated than that, though. The pope still hopes to change their minds and bring them back to the fold. To rejoin the church they'll need to renounce their abusive exclusionism, accept the reformations of Vatican II (a meeting of Catholic clergy held in the 60's which revised many of the more archaic church practices), and stop being so obsessively and obnoxiously atavistic about their doctrine. Seems a little naiive, if you ask me, since they're such whack-jobs, but he's the pope. He's supposed to be all about forgiveness.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/vatican-pius-x-society-ordinations-are-illegitimate/
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:31 pm

What is the saying? Lies travel around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes.

That goes for hate to. It spreads like wildfire. It is easier for many to hate than to look for the good in others.

You know, I believe "Gay" should not be used for Homosexuals. How can you be gay living a lifestyle like that. Leaving yourself open to attacks by the hate mongers.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Kotik,

Excommunication by the church is a really BIG deal. I haven't read anything lately about the Society of St Pius X, but I do remember when they were dealt with. I am a practicing catholic and find such a statement beyond reprehensible. Dis's statement hit the nail on the head, only he and God know the disposition of the man's soul.

The first amendment to the US Constitution is a marvelous protection for us Americans, so are the other of the next nine amendments that make up the Bill of Rights. It distinguishes us from many other countries explaining in simple terms that we are not subjects of the state, but rather the other way around. There is a great book called "The Radicalism of the American Revolution" by Gordon S. Wood that explains just how great a departure our revolution was compared to contemporary society. To me it is why Americans reject royalty, all of us are created equal. Period. end lecture....

Oh and don't worry Kotik, I keep praying for ya everyday :mrgreen:

Weeble
><((((º> +
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Weeble wrote:Oh and don't worry Kotik, I keep praying for ya everyday :mrgreen:

Weeble
><((((º> +

Thank you, sir, but shouldn't you spend that time on the next chapter of "Forks in the Road"? 8)

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Ouch,

Dagger to the back.....Its almost done, Forks that is
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Return to “General Chat”