Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Aurora Colo tradgedy

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Kotik,,, mus thave been a change in Germany. when I was there one could own a gun, rifle or pistol, but had to store it in a government warehouse. One could check it out for a specific time but had to bring itback when the time ran out. One could not have a gun outside a government warehouse. Professional Huntes had to account for every bullet, when the gun was fired. lots of annoying things

My Father in Law belonged to a shooting club, all of the members had to keep their guns in a government warehouse.they checked them out for competitions..

I did know one guy who had a Western 44 pistol. He practiced quick draws with it. unfortunately it was real and he could have loaded it if he chose.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Germany tightened weapon laws in the 90's, after one guy ran into a school and shot 2 teachers and a dozen of children. the SEK (German policed SWAT) made a collander out of the killer with automatic rifles during the resulting shoot out.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:27 am

The actions of evil-doers should not in any way be taken out on those who have committed no wrong. Restrictions should not be placed on legal gun ownership - which is a right in this country - because of incidents like this. If anything, incidents like this show how useless these restrictions are, because it was obviously planned over a long period of time, so wait periods wouldn't have done a thing, and he had a clean background, so the background checks that were done on him when he purchased his weapons did not prevent him from completing his purchases, and neither would have any other stricter version of current gun laws or any suggested additional regulation. Nothing, and I mean nothing pisses me off more than the suggestion that I or anyone else should be subject to even more restrictions on civil rights because of some nut breaking already existing laws and restrictions. :censored: :banghead: :bitch:

Return to “General Chat”