Mother's Day

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Mother's Day

Postby Asso » Sun May 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Mother's Day

Postby Silverbullet » Sun May 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Happy Mother's day to all of you wonderful women who made life for us possible.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sun May 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Unfortunately my mom has been gone for decades. For those of you who are blessed to still have living moms. GET OFF YOUR DUFFS and call, visit do something. You don't know what you have.

Apologies to any offended in advance.

Weeble
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun May 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm not really on speaking terms with my mother - she has been convicted of violent abuse of my brother and me when we were kids - but I 'jumped over my shadow' today and called her. It has been the first talk we had in over 15 years druing which she didn't abuse me verbally. maybe there is hope after all...

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun May 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Kotik wrote:Î'm not really on speaking terms with my mother - she has been convicted of violent abuse of my brother and me when we were kids - but I 'jumped over my shadow' today and called her. It has been the first talk we had in over 15 years druing which she didn't abuse me verbally. maybe there is hope after all...

That's great.

And... Weebly, as you know, I have no longer my mother. However... well, there is another mother with me: the mother of my daughter.
My lovely, unique, marvellous personal T'Pol.
My wife.
My Dina.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun May 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Kotik wrote:I'm not really on speaking terms with my mother - she has been convicted of violent abuse of my brother and me when we were kids - but I 'jumped over my shadow' today and called her. It has been the first talk we had in over 15 years druing which she didn't abuse me verbally. maybe there is hope after all...

At the risk of sounding too much like someone's mother (I am, of course... but not yours), I'd like to say that I'm very proud of you, Kotik, for extending an olive branch to someone who has hurt you so much. It takes a real man to do that. :hatsoff:

Happy Mother's Day. :hug:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks Dis, it really means a lot. I envy all you people, who can call their mom and feel loved. It has been a first step and after my brother put his foot down, my mom finally has agreed to go into therapy, which she should've done 30 years ago. My brother, Benny, mainly insisted on it, because he feared to leave his child alone with our mother. When I heard of her being alone with Melanie, I went apeshit in worry over my niece, but looks like mom finally smelled the cordite and sought professional help. It's a very emotional day for me. After almost 40 years, I might get the mother back, who I never had.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sun May 13, 2012 11:16 pm

I am proud of you Kotik. You took a big first step. It required courage. I will pray for you, your brother and her.

Weeble
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Mon May 14, 2012 4:46 pm

My daughter is in her fourth week of basic training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. One of the first things the Army did when she got there was lock up her cellphone. (She is now discovering the joys of snail mail and letter writing to keep in touch.)

But on Mother's Day they all got to use their phones for ten minutes to call Mom. Not even the vaunted US Army can stand against Motherhood!
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Over her it isn't Mother's Day until May 27th.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed May 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Kids brought me breakfast on bed and gave me a very nice drawing, a self made necklace and heart and as presents a card and a nice broche in the shape of a rose! Couldn't wish for better presents, :kiss: if only because they gave it to me. :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Return to “General Chat”