Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

TSara
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

The Whine thread.

Postby TSara » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:03 pm

Your place to bitch, moan and complain about life in general.

I thought this might be fun....if it's too much like the random comment thread my apologies and please remove.

I'll start.

My shoulder blade hurts.

Two weeks of sleeping on my dad's futon in Sarasota caused it I think.

I thought maybe I slept wrong....or maybe my dad's resident FAT cat pounced on me...either way not sure.

Here I am a week later and it's still sore....not like really bad but uncomfortable whats wrong with me sore.

I called my doctor to get it looked at.....but they don't have appointments available today or tommarrow.

And I have to work this weekend until Monday. Confused

*cries*
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Distracted
Site Donor

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Sounds like it's time for Advil tm.

Take with food. Do not take if allergic to aspirin or aspirin-like products. Effectiveness may vary. See your doctor if stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, huge gouts of blood from every bodily orifice, kidney failure, liver failure, hair loss, or anorgasmia occur.

Twisted Evil
Last edited by Distracted on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image sig by chrisis1033

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:38 pm

Distracted wrote:Sounds like it's time for Advil tm.

Take with food. Effectiveness may vary. See your doctor if stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, huge gouts of blood from every bodily orifice, kidney failure, liver failure, hair loss, or anorgasmia occur.

Twisted Evil

Meh...tried that.

AND heating pads.

Confused
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:40 pm

Oh well. I guess I can tell you what I always tell my husband when he gripes, "It hurts when I do this..."

Don't do that. Laughing
Image sig by chrisis1033

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:43 pm

heh

Well I do need to sleep.....and considering how uncomfortable that has been the last week.

Confused

I guess I can sleep when I'm dead.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:47 pm

Did you try Icy Hot? That sometimes helps. Just don't bathe in the stuff. There's been a report of a DEATH from salicylate poisoning in a skinny little college athlete who was slathering topical liniments on her body by the bucketload.
Image sig by chrisis1033

tennisgirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby tennisgirl » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:06 pm

Let me guess... If you sleep on your side, it hurts. The weight keeps shifting from one side to the other, and it's really uncomfortable. Sleeping on your back hurts. Sleeping on your stomach hurts a little bit, but even when you find a comfortable position, you get tired of it after a while, and it hurts to shift. Sounds familiar?

I have pulled the muscles around my shoulder/back more times than I care to remember. All too common in tennis...
Avatar made possible by the art of ivymae

Quinn - Daria, you can't leave me here with those, those... yuppies!
Daria - Yuppies are from the Eighties.
Quinn - So what do you call people in funny outfits who talk about peace and love and stuff?
Daria - Trekkies...
Episode #205 - That Was Then, This is Dumb - Daria

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:17 pm

I live in a zoo. With like the worst zoomates ever. And I hate them. And my leg hurts. And I can't afford to go to the Vegas Trek con. WAH WAH WAH!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ImageImage

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:31 pm

Let's see... I have these strange purple marks on me that I used to take for stretch marks of some kind, until someone pointed out that they all seem to coincide with my lymphatic system, and since I've been sunburnt very baddly in the past it might be a sign of cancer or something. For over a year now I've been having problems with my guts and it's been bad enough for long enough that I went and had a colonoscopy, which included biopsies and blood tests, spent all that money, and yet they still can't figure out what the hell is wrong with me. Mad How's that?

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:33 pm

Yikes!! Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
ImageImage

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:21 pm

My moan: The air-con in the computer room burnt out at sometime last saturday night (about 4:00am) so we came in on monday to to find the comps running at 30DegC when it should have been ICE cold!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Planning decided to have an office shift around starting friday, so on monday it was Scaley's and CPJ's job to reconfigure the telephone systems for their department (over 100 phones) and they all had to be set up with; the right phone type, (for some obscure reason, the workers took their handsets with them Evil or Very Mad) the right ext number, the right pickup group all assigned to the correct PLID. All this is done in a text based interface (a la MSDOS) which has square wheels. It took HOURS!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad (we gave CPJ the mug which says "stressed" on the side for his tea. Can you guess why? Smile)

The councillors are all being sorted out with laser printers, laptops and wireless internet, so half the IS team have been out all week setting those up in their homes.

The "Major failure" alarm for the SX-2000 (which is the above phone exchange) has been going off all day, along with the UPS overload alarm (all the office birds plug their heaters etc into the UPS output (WHY?!? there is no need for them to plug them into that!!! Evil or Very Mad )) which goes off virtually all the time for about 9:00 till 10:30.

So yeah, an "interesting" week.

CX: Damn! I hope it doesn't turn out to be anything major. Feel better!
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:49 pm

dark_rain, I'm sorry you're having such trouble, but I can tell you right now that your last post might as well have been in Greek for all I understood of it. That's okay, though. You don't have to explain. It would just frustrate you and give me a headache.

So... we're supposed to whine here, huh? Hmmm.

Can't really think of anything to whine about right now, but I'm sure I'll eventually think of something. Cool
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:57 am

I prefer beer, but only in moderation. OH SORRY, wrong thread . . .
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:03 am

justTrip'n wrote:I prefer beer, but only in moderation. OH SORRY, wrong thread . . .

Laughing Laughing Laughing
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:10 am

I have a really bad headache that feels like someone is taking a drill to my skull. Thus, I can't get any writing done 'cause my head hurts so bad ... wish this fricking Motrin I took would kick in...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Return to “General Chat”