Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby blacknblue » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:59 am

Rigil Kent wrote:
blackn'blue wrote:
Rigil Kent wrote:How do you get crap on the ceiling?

Surely a man of your worldly experience and wide travels can deduce the answer to that one Rigil. Censored!

Well, it was mostly a rhetorical question ... considering the fact that it literally looked like someone exploded in that bathroom, and it took me two and a half hours to clean up this tiny bathroom ...

Man. Horrible memories that. Was the single worst day of my life. That day actually ended up with me handcuffed in the back seat of a police car. *shakes head* Sometimes, I do not miss Gainesville in the slightest...

"Sing, oh goddess, of the wrath of Rigil..."
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:13 am

No, no wrath. Just a series of bad luck events that culminated in being pulled over for a headlight and learning that my driver's license had been suspended. It was the single worst day of my life (so far) and I always use it as a barometer. A "Well, it could be like that One Day..." type of thing whenever things get bad.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:30 am

Today's whine: Grievous and Vader wanna move that frelling Obi tralk back to my room. Confused Confused Crying or Very sad Rigil I'd take that bad day of yours anytime over a day around Obi. Confused Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ImageImage

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:41 am

Chris wrote:I just thought of something to whine about: Women who get urine all over the toilet seat in a public bathroom. Confused Confused How exactly does that happen anyway?

Having been a janitor myself, in my experiance it's usually cap that they get on the seat, but I'm pretty sure that it's because they never actualy sit on it. Most people assume that a public toilet is dirty, even if it gets cleaned quite thoroughly and often by some poor sap like me, so they squat over the closed seat, which they keep down in case they should happen to fall backwards.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 am

Chris wrote:I just thought of something to whine about: Women who get urine all over the toilet seat in a public bathroom. Confused Confused How exactly does that happen anyway?

Well, being that our new store now has public bathrooms that I have to clean, I think I can answer this question. Are you sure you really want me to answer this question? Surprised Shock I believe that some women prefer not to sit on the seats due to the risk and they are too lazy to put toilet paper on the seat...so they attempt to use the toilet in mid-air and miss with their aim. Just remember...you asked. I'll say one thing from experience...the women's room stays much cleaner than the men's, without a doubt. Not meant to offend anyone, just an observation I've made while down on my hands and knees cleaning. I knew I got that 2 year college degree for a reason.

Edited to add: CX, I think we posted almost the same thing at the same time. Surprised Anyhow, it isn't so much that us women think the seat is dirty, it's that we worry about diseases and other lovely things spreading if we sit on the seats. Sitting directly on the toilet seat in a public restroom is a big no-no.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:19 pm

OMFG - I was doing a search of a web2.0 blog (I usually find interesting sites by going there) and I found this one site called http://MizPee.com. It's a cell phone base system that directs you to the cleanest bathroom in the area (I guess you got to call in your location or something) and then it provides you with reading material once you get there.
Writing as TrekPyro.

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:15 pm

W00t! Mizpee.com uses a Fedora webserver. Just like me!

Whine of the minute: The orange I was peeling squirted in my eye. Of all the places on your face why does it have in your eyes? There must be a reason. Is it the way you hold it, or something else? Watch this space.

Whine of the past few hours: The floor cleaner sucked up its own power cord and blew the breakers for the whole building. Great. It at the same time sent the servers onto emergency power (which makes the backup system scream. And boy, can it scream.) Oh, and the fork lift truck needs servicing

Whine of the day: It's Monday, that sums it up.
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:30 pm

T'Poptarts wrote:Rigil I'd take that bad day of yours anytime over a day around Obi.

You may think that, but trust me: you wouldn't.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:37 pm

It is a dreadful thing to fall into the Hands of the Law. I once spent a couple of nights in Juvie, but it wasn't my fault. Honest. Really.
Very educational, though. I could've learned to forge checks, if I'd been interested.

Hmmm...a lot of us have janitorial work in common. I was a motel chambermaid. Ick.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:53 pm

Lordy. I'm so boring compared to y'all. I've never been arrested...but I did get a ticket for speeding once or twice, and once I forgot to stop for a school bus and got caught. Does that count?

Oh, and my most obnoxious roommate in college was a cute little ESL student whose primary educational goals consisted of learning how to cruise Bourbon Street all night long and listen to jazz at Tipitina's. She was always so prettily remorseful after waking me up at 3 am on the days when I had class at 8...until the next time she did it.

And I've never cleaned any toilets but my own, but I did a manual disimpaction once in residency. That was singularly un-fun. Confused
Image sig by chrisis1033

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Surprised Oh my. I thought such things were of the past, what with various new meds and such.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 pm

Well, residency WAS about 20 years ago, but there were times when Fleet enemas, Dulcolax, and Golytely were all ineffective and we were left with nothing but our hot little (double-gloved) hands. I was the appointed excavator because my hands were the smallest. No point in being TOO sadistic. Cool
Image sig by chrisis1033

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:18 am

Well Not only have I had my arm up a cows "You Know what" to turn a calf, More times then I can count. But I even once helped a vet Cut open route around inside a living cow/dieing cow in an attempt to retrieve a over grown calf. But died in the end. Confused

An trust Me Ive got yal beat in the Shit department. From a Plugged up 60 year old septic tank that needed unpluggin in December, pitchin out a busted manure spreader in January in -10 below weather, to staying home from High school for a whole day just to fix a Manure/drop cleaner. Oh an then thier was just last summer when I got Shit on by a cow. Confused Completely covered. From head to toe. Confused Not Fun at all. Changin Diapers, cleanin bathrooms, scrubbin toilets are cake walks compared to that.

Oh my latest current "whine" Its a Big one.
Thumbs Down Estate tax, Inheritance tax, or what ever name you want to give the damn thing.
Because of My parents resent "situation", they have been forced to go over their will again.
An basicaly what it breaks down to, is that the lovely US government has this damn thing set up to really screw over any farmer that is planning to take over a farm from their parents.
Long gone are the days, when they could just pass it on to the next generation, or Say "Give me a Dollar, an its yours." Now the Government has to to tax the crap out of it, for all its worth! Banghead

No I dont Know all the details, yet. But God Im gona have to. Confused
Basicaly Its gona be easier/cheaper to buy it from my parents bit by bit, rather then get Taxed to death if I inherit the farm.

Nother thing that has me royaly ticked off. Part of the problem is, that the Farm(the Land) is worth Just a few thousand short of a $1Million. But it isnt worth that as a Farm. As a whole farm its worth a couple 100 thousand. No its worth Near a Million all chopped up an subdivided!! Bitch I Frakin Hate the Urban Sprawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn thing has just about ruined all the worlds finest Agriculture land, in Southern PA. Cause Philly has to spread out across dang near the whole South East part of my beloved state.

Now here In both a State, an a County that both pride themselves on having Agriculture being its #1 bussiness. My familys land is worth a hell of a lot less as an actual Farm. But is Worth far more in a subdivided perversion of its self for Weekend Warriors, an Hobbie Farmers to ride around on ATVS, an piss poor Chinies built POS tractors!!!!
Censored! Banghead

Sad

Id give just about anything right bout now to be getting started in the 1950s as a Farmer. Back safely in the times when the government an Nation were far more Farmer Friendly.
TnT I love em. Very Happy

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:24 am

Chris wrote:
T'Sara wrote:Your place to bitch, moan and complain about life in general.

I thought this might be fun....if it's too much like the random comment thread my apologies and please remove.

I'll start.

My shoulder blade hurts.

Two weeks of sleeping on my dad's futon in Sarasota caused it I think.

I thought maybe I slept wrong....or maybe my dad's resident FAT cat pounced on me...either way not sure.

Here I am a week later and it's still sore....not like really bad but uncomfortable whats wrong with me sore.

I called my doctor to get it looked at.....but they don't have appointments available today or tommarrow.

And I have to work this weekend until Monday. Confused

*cries*

I know I'm a couple days late but I was away for a few days, went to a wedding. Have you thought about a chiropractor, maybe something out in your back?

No...but I'm thinking about it.

I also have a friend who is a massage therapist....I'm thinking about asking her to try to see if she can rub it out. Confused
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:02 am

The bus prices went up. Crying or Very sad And I have a slave job. Crying or Very sad And this lady keeps telling me that to be a good deserving person I have to actually act like a slave and accept my situation because otherwise if I'm not a slave and if I don't suffer greatly I don't deserve anything good in my life. Confused Crying or Very sad
ImageImage

Return to “General Chat”