The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Bether6074
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Bether6074 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:14 am

I've seen this before. We had one of these books at work that became a gripe book. This could get bad and quickly... Shock

CX, maybe you're intolerant to lactose or something? Allergic to food?

Okay. Well, I could go on about something nasty like my varicose veins and stretch marks or something similar, but that might be a little TMI. Surprised And sometimes, when I get really stressed out, my heart pounds out of chest a mile a minute. Migraine medicine works beautifully for my headaches, but then the caffeine gives me a racing heart... etc.etc. Oh and, BTW, I have something like a million phobias...My mother used to get out her imaginary violin and hum a sad tune whenever us kids complained too much.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:17 am

A million phobias? Gah. I thought my one phobia (snakes. *shudder*) was bad enough...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:29 am

New complaint: the damned E-3s (this thing)

are too damned loud. They fly overhead on their approach for Tinker AFB (one of the runways is out, I think), and it rattles the fricking windows. Stoopid air force.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:36 am

My story on fanlib had like four hits in the past two hours - do you think anyone would bother to comment?

(instantly feeling guilty about all those stories I've read but haven't commented on...)
Writing as TrekPyro.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:14 am

It's ten pm and I just got on a roll with my finale but I've got to get up and go to work in the morning so I have to stop writing and go to bed. *pout*

Childish Me: I don't wanna go to bed, Mommy! Pleeeze can't I stay up just five more minutes??

Adult Me: Shut up and go to bed. I don't want to deal with your crankiness and griping in the morning! Did you hear me, young lady? Log off that computer and GO TO BED!!!

Childish Me: Okay, Mommy... I'm going. *pout*
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:21 am

It's only like 8:20 here. Twisted Evil And well for me "going to bed early" means like midnight. Razz
ImageImage

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:22 am

Hmm . . . I bet having two personalities in your head is an advantage when you go to write those mind meld scenes?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:32 am

Laughing
Writing as TrekPyro.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:45 am

My laptop dies if it's moved even a centimeter. (I've been on my mom's a lot lately, including now.) I really need a new one for school, 'cause I couldn't write a paper on it. However, that's going to set me back a lot of money, which means I have to take out more student loans. Sad

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:46 am

I 'spose you've all read this Whine Thread: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3215089/1/
Very Happy
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:51 am

JadziaKathryn wrote:My laptop dies if it's moved even a centimeter. (I've been on my mom's a lot lately, including now.) I really need a new one for school, 'cause I couldn't write a paper on it. However, that's going to set me back a lot of money, which means I have to take out more student loans. Sad

Try a used one. Unless you do a lot of graphics work. For writing, a $200 laptop will get the job done.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:56 am

evcake wrote:I 'spose you've all read this Whine Thread: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3215089/1/
Very Happy

OMFG! Laughing

#15:

No duct-taping people naked to the warp core.

“What the…?” Archer spun around and spotted the engineer in question as he retrieved his morning coffee from the dispenser. Trip saw the Captain’s confusion and made his way to Jon’s side.

“Sir?”

Jon tapped the list.

“Oh that.” Trip took a sip of his coffee, making a face. “Starfleet coffee sucks.” He took another mouthful nonetheless, and then returned his attention to Archer. “Malcolm’s people got hold of Major O’Neill last night. I came in ta pick up ma report, which is now on yer desk, by the way, and spotted the poor fella, drugged up and taped to the side of my engines.”

“Ah.” What else could he say?

“Cap’n, you really need ta get this feud-thing sorted,” Trip advised. “It’s getting’ ridiculous.”

Archer rubbed his temples. “Don’t I know it.”
Writing as TrekPyro.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:58 am

blackn'blue wrote:
JadziaKathryn wrote:My laptop dies if it's moved even a centimeter. (I've been on my mom's a lot lately, including now.) I really need a new one for school, 'cause I couldn't write a paper on it. However, that's going to set me back a lot of money, which means I have to take out more student loans. Sad

Try a used one. Unless you do a lot of graphics work. For writing, a $200 laptop will get the job done.

Hmm. Maybe I will. Thanks.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:46 am

153. The Captain is no longer allowed to refer to either gazelles or water polo whilst corresponding with Starfleet, the Vulcan High Council and/or newly-met alien races.

Trip bit his lip.

Jon appeared beside him, arms crossed and one eyebrow cocked wryly. “Funny sense of humour,” he remarked to the engineer.

“Cap’n!” Trip exclaimed, turning to face his friend. “She’s Vulcan. They don’t have a sense of humour…” A smile toyed at his lips, and Jon groaned in recognition of what was to come. “They don’t even enjoy water polo!”

Jon glared at his Chief Engineer. “Hah, hah, Trip. Very funny.”

Trip chuckled. “Soval’s face was a picture, sir.”

Jon rolled his eyes.

$200? Where? My poor old beater was way more than that.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:04 am

^ Try Craigslist
ImageImage

Return to “General Chat”