The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby CX » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Welp, I'm on the GRA insurance list, so I'm fully covered. Now I just have to deal with losing an organ and possibly not being able to enjoy the foods I used to because they'll be too spicy for me.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Good news! Well, don't worry too much it isn't a vital organ.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:29 pm

CX wrote:Welp, I'm on the GRA insurance list, so I'm fully covered. Now I just have to deal with losing an organ and possibly not being able to enjoy the foods I used to because they'll be too spicy for me.

Well, I'm sure glad to hear you have full coverage there, though I'm sorry to hear about your needing surgery and that it's going to possibly need to change your diet too. That really bites as well. I can empathize with you on that problem, I turned diabetic in December and can no longer pig out on sweets the way I used to. I hope that your dietician is able to find you some good alternatives you can happily live with instead if need be there. Good luck on your upcoming surgery.
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:12 am

CX, it's not the spices, it's the fat, and a low fat diet's much better for you anyway. Believe me, once your gallbladder's out you won't want to eat fat anymore. Too much fat'll have you running doubletime to the nearest bathroom facility, but you'll learn fairly quickly what you can and cannot eat. And I'm really happy you're insured. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:01 am

Surgery hurts. That is all.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:30 am

Did you have it already? That was fast. :shock:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:40 am

Oh CX I totally concur, but they are supposed to give you some very nice drugs to make you not care that it hurts. It's an ethical obligation, part of "Do No Harm."
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Not really. They gave me something for pain, but it doesn't completely go away or anything, just kind of dulls it a little. Although I'm starting to wonder if there might be something wrong with the incision in my belly button because it's really smarting. Kind of has been since I woke up though.

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm editing out what I had written earlier when I was rather upset (and shouldn't have been writing it), so please just ignore my earlier post if you read it. Matters have now been resolved as well as they can be under the circumstances - and for sanity's sake, I just need to keep in mind that old saying of: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi guys,

I have been a bit absent lately, because the last weeks I have been ill. Sunday a week ago I developed pain around my left chest. The pain continued and twice during driving the pain intensified. I went to our doctor, he said that I probably had a small wound in my stomach or a stomach ulcer. I had to take a double doses of medication, because I was in so much pain and after the weekend one doses a day. They also checked my blood and there were indications of an infection.
The pain is a bit less, but still too much, so I am going back to the doctor tomorrow.
Its taken a lot of energy of me, also with my life and work. So I will comment on your stories when I get a little bit better. :)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:31 pm

panyasan wrote:Hi guys,

I have been a bit absent lately, because the last weeks I have been ill. Sunday a week ago I developed pain around my left chest. The pain continued and twice during driving the pain intensified. I went to our doctor, he said that I probably had a small wound in my stomach or a stomach ulcer. I had to take a double doses of medication, because I was in so much pain and after the weekend one doses a day. They also checked my blood and there were indications of an infection.
The pain is a bit less, but still too much, so I am going back to the doctor tomorrow.
Its taken a lot of energy of me, also with my life and work. So I will comment on your stories when I get a little bit better. :)

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Pains in that area seem pretty alarming to me, so I'm relieved that it was 'only' an infection rather than any sort of heart related problem, but I hope you fight it off soon. :patpat:

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Oh dear! A wound in the stomach. That can't feel good. :( I wish you a speedy recovery. :fasthorse: I hope you are back to your old self soon.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Well, I was just about to give up on Firefox. For the past six months or so it has been acting up, randomly freezing up at intervals lasting up to about a couple of minutes before unfreezing. Then with the last upgrade to version 7.0.1 this past weekend it's gotten much, much worse - to the point of not being usable. Like clockwork it would freeze up and hog memory every 15 minutes. Argh! :banghead:

Then I did some web searches and found an add-on that seems to help with the problem. At least it does for now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I would hate to have to revert to IE, and I have no experience with other browsers.

But Firefox really has to get their act together soon.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:58 pm

KTR, you sure it is Firefox and not your Server? Same thing happens to me every morning. It is a battle I have to fight with the Server. My screen will hang up for anywhere from a few moments to minutes. I can move the cursor around on the tool bar at the bottom of the screen but nothing on the screen I receive from the server. At times the dmned thing will freeze and completely stop. Still can move the cursor but nothing on the screen. Even the clock stops. That comes from the server it is not from my computer. After a few minutes when I am sure the screen will not start again I have to crawll under the computer, turn it off at the wall, turn it on again and re boot. It also means I have lost all oof my log on for each board I am on. I have to go around putting in my user name and password again. Pain in the butt. this keeps up until Nine in themorning when itwill stop and te server acts normaly, no stoppages at all. Hums right along. that is until about six at night when it starts up again.

so, perhaps you should do a litle reserach first. Can't hurt.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Return to “General Chat”