The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:39 pm

My poor mom... she offered to go grocery shopping today, so I wouldn't have to... which is nice enough. Except for the fact that she really didn't get any of the things we need and got half wrong of what she did get... let sigh. which just proves that people who can't cook shouldn't shop for food.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:25 pm

:roll: I told my husband to please get some Kraft macaroni and cheese, just the ordinary kind, nothing weird or fancy because our granddaughter won't eat anything but the usual kind. So he comes home with Spongebob Squarepants pasta and something else called Explosion, and none of the ordinary kind.

Sigh.

He also slept through his day off yesterday instead of lifting a finger to clean house or yard in preparation for this weekend's visit, so I got to spend the whole morning frantically cleaning while he went off to get his hair cut and buy the groceries.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Yashida
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby Yashida » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:18 pm

Damn. Chronic insomnia strikes again...

I want to sleep! At least 10 hours straight for just once! Yet my mind refuses all attempts to hit the off-button... again...

It's not fair! I've tried everything aside from sedation (not that I have actual access to any form of real sedation, but at the moment I'm wishing I had)

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Yashida wrote:Damn. Chronic insomnia strikes again...

I want to sleep! At least 10 hours straight for just once! Yet my mind refuses all attempts to hit the off-button... again...

It's not fair! I've tried everything aside from sedation (not that I have actual access to any form of real sedation, but at the moment I'm wishing I had)

I am an occasional insominiac, so I feel your pain! I am recovering from a really bad sinus infection. Wednesday night I fell asleep at 11:00 p.m. and woke up at 12:30 a.m. with the worst headache! Couldn't get back to sleep because I took Excedrin Migraine which took away the headache, but because it is loaded full of caffeine, I was up all night!! :cry:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:17 am

My average bed time is 4-5am average wake up time, 7:30-8am. If that.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:06 am

Is melatonin legal in your country? My neurologist suggested it to me. I fall asleep much faster and just sleep better. Yes, I do realizes that I'm telling you this at 3 in the morning. He also said no caffeine. :oops: I'm usually good about that one, but I think the place we ate at must really salt their food. Usually I can't finish one glass of tea and tonight I drank three.

Grrr

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 am

Okay I know this is going to sound nuts, but taking melatonin makes me act drunk, and I don't fall asleep. And it's 4am for me on the east coast of the USA.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Grrr wrote:

Is melatonin legal in your country? My neurologist suggested it to me. I fall asleep much faster and just sleep better. Yes, I do realizes that I'm telling you this at 3 in the morning. He also said no caffeine. :oops: I'm usually good about that one, but I think the place we ate at must really salt their food. Usually I can't finish one glass of tea and tonight I drank three.

Grrr

So all that tea had the caffeine in it. I can't even have decaf coffee after a certain point in the day.

There are breathing techniques to help you sleep that my doctor is always pushing. It makes sense to me. But personally as long as I avoid caffeine after 2 or 3 in the afternoon I don't have trouble falling asleep except when I'm PMSing, and when that happens I don't really care since I'm usually not tired the next day anyway.

However, very occasionally if I'm desperate and I know it's anxiety keeping me up I'll just take a Benadryl.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:47 pm

I have no water! They're doing some sort of work outside my neighbor's and no running water for me! And I'm tired, and in pain, stressed, and on the verge of a complete meltdown!

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:59 pm

So, my brother has a half day (on a Wends, I know) from school and what should I have to do but go with him to the recycling place to take pictures of him recycling for his senior project? That in itself isn't bad, but we get back and he decides he wants to go out for pizza and I say sure, okay, and what should happen but his car breaks down half a block from home? It's just a flat tire but, gah, he walks home and asks me to fix it, only he doesn't have a tire iron so by the time I've manovuered the car to the side of the road and got it jacked up and the spare out, there's nothing I can do to change the tire... and, for some reason, we don't have a tire iron anywhere at home, so... his car is at the side of the road a block from home now, while he goes and tries to find someone with a tire iron or a tow truck.

*shakes head* my life is so strange.

Yashida
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby Yashida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Your brother comes to you to change his tire?

Wow, mine wouldn't even think of it.

Then again, I'm hardly capable, don't even have a driver's license (yeah, I know, I'm way, way overdue to get one), but somehow even if I could drive a car and would know something of mechanics I don't think my brother would ever even consider asking me.

I think it's nice your brother doesn't give you the but-you're-a-girl treatment.

Last night was a bit weird for me, I had alcohol again for the first time since my son was born a few years ago (he nursed quite a while, wouldn't give it up until he was 2 and I told him he wasn't a baby anymore and should, so I'd gotten into the habit to refuse anything alcoholic) and I'm stil deciding on whether it was a good thing or not. It's not as if I got drunk or anything, I know my limits very well and never cross them (one single embarressing moment as a teenager cured me forever of that notion). But I just can't decide on whether it was all that nice, you know? People can make such a fuss about a good glass of wine, but to be quite frank, I get more kicks out of a glass of fresh juice and it tastes way, way better.
Maybe it's more of an acquired taste and I just got completely off of it in the intermedium.
A good thing surely, more healthy and all that.
However I'm rather bored at the moment and my mind has apparently decided it's a good time to ponder philosophically about changing tastebuds...
Much like my son, last year he wouldn't even look at the oh-so-icky sunflower seeds from the ones in our little garden and now ever since we harvested them this year he's been constantly bugging me to peel yet another bunch of seeds for him to eat...

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Never cared for wine. Or beer. Have a thing for limes, though, so I don't mind a good margarita, but for the most part, I don't drink.

But, yeah, I think he came to me 'cause I do have the whole comercial drivers liscense and all, and generally sort out most of his problems. I think his exact words were once, "your advise usually works, surprisingly." Anyway, we managed to get a real replacement tire and get it all sorted out but, god, half-days are so special. Next time, I'm making him do something fun. Like, i dunno, go to the dentist.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Aardarshina, a couple of posts back you mentioned your grandparents asked what you were going to do with your class ring when you got married. That stuck in my mind, because, and I guess it depends on the tone of voice they used, it seems either very mean or very clueless. I hardly ever wear my wedding ring, and when I do, it is for a dressy occassion out with my husband. And then, I wear other rings, like one that was my late mother's which I put on my right hand. In fact, LOL, I have rings of various sizes which fit on various fingers except for the thumb. I wear them in different combinations at different times. But when working on boats I never wear any rings because of the possibility of loosing them (and finger!) when handling lines. My husband also takes off his wedding ring when working on boats. So no big deal here, but it did seem strange that your grandparents would make such a statement. I can see that if that is the kind of thing they often say, why you don't talk to them.

Yashida, please do go get your driver's license soon. I know women in the forty-year-old-and-up category who never learned to drive when they were younger and now consider themselves "too old" to learn. They are so afraid of the freeway and the possibility of coming across an idiot in the throes of road rage that they probably will just be begging rides for the rest of their lives. Few of us can get around just by bus to all the places we would like to go. And the bus drivers give you funny looks when you board with four bags of groceries.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Linda, yeah, my grandparents say stuff like that all the time. Or, at least they did when they were still talking to me. I've not heard from them in almost a year. But whatever. I don't care. I'm fully looking forward to the day they finally want to talk to me, so I can hang up on their phone calls and return their mail unanswered like I do my sister....

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:17 am

Alelou wrote::roll: I told my husband to please get some Kraft macaroni and cheese, just the ordinary kind, nothing weird or fancy because our granddaughter won't eat anything but the usual kind. So he comes home with Spongebob Squarepants pasta and something else called Explosion, and none of the ordinary kind.

Sigh.

He also slept through his day off yesterday instead of lifting a finger to clean house or yard in preparation for this weekend's visit, so I got to spend the whole morning frantically cleaning while he went off to get his hair cut and buy the groceries.

Sorry to break the news to you ;) If you need someone usefull around the house, getting married isn't goint to get the job done. Being useless is hard-wired in our male genome :lol:

Return to “General Chat”