Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Alelou » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:19 am

I'd get that checked by a doctor. Probably it's just stress or the wrong glasses, but it could be something more serious, like high blood pressure.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:01 am

This is just a little minor thing but it's so annoying. Why does my soy cheese go moldy so quickly? That stuff is expensive. It's nice to have for snack pizzas but, I don't go though a block fast enough.

Grrr

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:07 am

Could it be that your refridgerator is too warm?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:19 am

WarpGirl wrote:Could it be that your refridgerator is too warm?

I never thought of that. I just set it a little colder. We'll see if it doesn't help the next time I buy some. I also have to make a special trip to a health food store to get it.

Grrr

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:27 am

I hope it works. I would also read the packaging, sometimes they have storage instructions.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:05 pm

If by soy cheese you mean tofu, changing the water you store it in every day helps.

But I would never hang onto an opened package for too long.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:08 pm

No Soy Cheese is different, than tofu. I just don't remember how. It was an Iron Chef ingredient a while back.

Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Ignore my rambling
Last edited by TPoptarts on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:24 am

Oh the absolute WORST thing happened on Bones tonight I mean the WORST! I'm completely and utterly devestated, not even *the_abomination* can compare to my sorrow...
SPOILER!!!:
Angela slept with Wendel!

WHY? I want them both DEAD! I loved Wendel so much!

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:36 pm

T'Poptarts, if getting a male roomate makes you want to jump off a roof you really seriously need to go talk to a mental health professional. I know this board is your mechanism for blowing off steam, but when you talk like this you frighten people. I've actually had patients do what you're threatening to do. It never works out well for anyone, especially the person who jumps. I feel sympathy for you, but we're not the ones you need to talk to. We can't help you. Please get on the next bus to the mental health clinic nearest you and get some assistance.

Warpgirl, I'm not up to date with Bones. Who are these two characters and why does the idea of them hooking up bother you so much?
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm

I'll PM you Dis. But mom made me feel better. Whine: I got the shot in the back of the head for migranes and now I have a headache. I might not do this much longer. :(

Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:48 am

Ignore my rambling
Last edited by TPoptarts on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:52 am

Maybe you just need a shoulder to cry on because it can help put things in perspective, but I know Dis was only worried for you. She's a mom and a Doctor she can't help that. I honestly hope things get better for you, take care.

Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:14 am

I know she's just worried. But she can't help. But other people who can don't and instead pretend they know what I need better than I do. :evil: I guess it makes them feel better about themselves that in their minds they're supposedly "trying to help" without actually bothering to try to help in ways that actually help.
ImageImage

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:23 am

You're right, T'Poptarts. We can't help you long distance. You need to talk to someone where you are and get social services. That's what tax money is for. There will be social workers at the mental health clinic. A social worker can help you get hooked up with food stamps and low cost housing and even job training if need be. Talking to a counselor is safe. Unless you're planning to kill someone your records are confidential by law, so whatever it is that seems to be the issue for you will remain your secret. And yes, I know I've given you that advice before, and I know that you think you have good reasons not to follow that advice, but it's all I've got.

Ranting to us may blow off steam for you but it gets nothing done. I know you're frustrated, but I don't think that you taking it out on us is fair. When you do this we worry about you. It's stressful, for me at least, to have you post a long rant talking about suicide and not be able to do anything about it. Have you noticed lately how few people answer your long ranting posts? How everyone just tactfully ignores them? That's because they're wildly inappropriate and scary, sweetheart. You need help and we can't give it.

I could have taken this to pm, but I decided to post it publicly just in case anyone else has any ideas or disagrees with me. I'm not speaking for anyone else, just myself. Anyone else have any suggestions or resources I don't know about? Maybe a free online counseling site? Any social resources in the Los Angeles area?

This has gone on long enough in my opinion. This is a Star Trek fan site. It's supposed to be fun. If you have anything to contribute that's constructive I'd love for you to post it, but all this emotional turmoil is giving me an ulcer. :?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”