The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Shakabutt » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:29 am

We can bomb them all we want ,i'm still depressed ,sad without no smokes.... :cry:

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:38 am

Who cares what that person thinks? TnT is the canon ship. It's the Relaunch ship. It's the Mirror Universe ship. Anyone who insists that T'Pol was pining after Archer is ignoring the clear evidence from the show and is making crap up. Let them bitch and moan and whine about what "could have been", while we focus on what was.

If you're gonna "bomb" them with pro-TnT comments, please keep it above board and polite. The last thing we need is for that person (or whatever it is, I haven't looked and don't intend to) to make a new post about how rude and angry and hostile TnT fans are. Stay civil, stay polite, and make specific references to canon. Don't give them any more ammunition. Please.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:40 am

Dude. Duh :vulcan:
ImageImage

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:47 am

Get your doc to prescribe you some Chantix to take the edge off, Shakabutt. Your lungs will thank you. :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:50 am

Who cares what that person thinks? TnT is the canon ship. It's the Relaunch ship. It's the Mirror Universe ship. Anyone who insists that T'Pol was pining after Archer is ignoring the clear evidence from the show and is making crap up. Let them bitch and moan and whine about what "could have been", while we focus on what was.

If you're gonna "bomb" them with pro-TnT comments, please keep it above board and polite. The last thing we need is for that person (or whatever it is, I haven't looked and don't intend to) to make a new post about how rude and angry and hostile TnT fans are. Stay civil, stay polite, and make specific references to canon. Don't give them any more ammunition. Please.

Thanks Rigil ,its just that i had this felling that everybody is against TnT ,like some say "it came out of nowhere in season 3 " and "its disgusting cheap tittilation "
and some compare it with the Chokotay / 7 ship .

Get your doc to prescribe you some Chantix to take the edge off, Shakabutt. Your lungs will thank you.

It really helps with the addiction ? i mean no side effects ,no need for smoking ?

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:53 am

dark_rain wrote:Well, I've been in the server's bedroom at Caradon District Council, and there's no way you could sleep with that lot. You cant even hear yourself think, let alone sleep.

You be surprised what you can sleep through if you are tired enough. :?

I slept quite literally through explosions and weapons fire during an exercise in the field in Korea, that I was not a part of.

I still don't know how I managed it....I mean....I vaguely remember the explosions....I just didn't wake up.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:54 am

Shakabutt wrote:Thanks Rigil ,its just that i had this felling that everybody is against TnT ,like some say "it came out of nowhere in season 3 " and "its disgusting cheap tittilation "
and some compare it with the Chokotay / 7 ship

Eh. I've seen comments like that, but they always seem to come from people who are AinTers or simply hate one of the characters (usually virulent Trip fans who hate T'Pol because they didn't like that she was mean to him or some such) or want Trip paired with Malcolm or Archer despite the clear evidence that he's not gay. I pay it no mind anymore.

And neither does PocketBooks. So screw 'em. 8)
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:09 am

Plain economic fact, Pocket Books would not be publishing TnT unless they believed that most of their readers favored it. They are in it for the money, so they are going to give the public what think it wants. Therefore, TPTB believe that TnT is the most popular ship. QED.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:11 am

^ Well it is canon. 8)
ImageImage

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:46 am

Plain economic fact, Pocket Books would not be publishing TnT unless they believed that most of their readers favored it. They are in it for the money, so they are going to give the public what think it wants. Therefore, TPTB believe that TnT is the most popular ship. QED.

Yeah thats true .

Well ,finally i got my hands on a cigarete ......i'm calm now ......floating in lalaland wuuuhuhu . :)

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:01 am

Distracted wrote::shock: Exactly what are you drilling while asleep? Isn't that a little dangerous? :?

I was drilling holes for sockets in re-enforced concrete but the diamond socket cutter was so dull that it took up to an hour to make a single hole, Since the holes were 20 centimeters from the floor I hat to sit on the floor to cut them and I fixed the coring tool with my body weight and took some shuteye :D . If you don't hold the coring tool with enough force you could even break the wrist of the hand that holds the pistol grip. The ideal speed for drilling re-enforced concrete is around 2500rpm and the coring tool has a lot of torque. If I felt any danger through the vibrations I automatically released the trigger and turned the tool off. At that month I was working every day so I took any chance I had to rest a little.
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:59 am

Still sounds kinda dangerous. :?

And yes, Chantix is a nicotine receptor stimulant for smoking cessation. You start it, and a week later you stop smoking. The meds make your brain think there's still nicotine on board, but the negative systemic effects aren't present. The physical withdrawal symptoms are dramatically reduced. You still need to learn to do something else for stress relief, though, so you stay on the meds for three months while you develop other habits, and then you stop taking it. Like any smoking cessation aid, you've got to want to stop smoking for it to work, because smoking is a habit you've got to break, not just an addiction. It does make things a lot easier, though. Here's a link. I have no idea if it's available in your home country or how expensive it is there. It's not cheap here in the states, but our system tends to mark drugs up pretty high.

Chantix
Image sig by chrisis1033

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:51 pm

Not as dangerous as loosing footing 16 meters high on scaffolding when it's raining. :)
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:20 pm

:( I got into an accident yesterday afternoon. :(
Im fine BTW.

I was hualing a load of 14 1000lb round bales/(7 tons of hay roughly), home on our round bale wagon (2nd trip of the day), an I headed down this really steap hill. An I did something stupid (that proves I spend to much time on a tractor an not enough in my truck). The first time down th hill I made it down intact, but I didnt like feeling my tires slide on the gravvel. So the 2nd time I threw my truck into 4 wheel drive (Not really stupid), here's the stupid part. I threw it into 4 low. :banghead:

Well I started down this steep grade, an started to get pushed by all that Hay. Well my instincts were workin fine now, so I tried to speed up. In short I floored it. But even at Max RPMs the 4X4 low range is really damn slow. So the Wagone Jack knifed on me, went past my truck down the hill, turned my truck side ways, an My Truck an Wagon slide like that for bout 30 ft beofre th wagon finaly stopped in a ditch.

No I wasnt hurt,, well maybe my pride just a lil bit, an my Temper was gettin a work out to.
But thankfully my Truck is still mechanicaly sound. But Im gona need a New box. Drivers side of it got bent mangled up around the wheel well when the wagon Jack knifed on me.

If I had been on a Tractor, None of this would of happend. Since our Tractors actualy weigh enough not to get dragged around like my truck did. Thus I spend to much time on tractors, an not enough in my truck.

But if the wagon would of went to the other side of the road,,, welll I more then likely wouldnt be writtin this up.

All in all, its stil only my 2nd scariets drivin incident. :)
TnT I love em. Very Happy

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:32 pm

OMG. Glad you're there to tell the tale.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Return to “General Chat”