Bad news about Silverbullet

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Bad news about Silverbullet

Postby justTripn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:55 am

I just got off the phone with his wife. :wise: Silverbullet is stuck in a care center in California. He was visiting his daughter for Thanksgiving when he fell and broke both his legs. He will be out of commission for a while with no access to internet. :faint: :( He can't even come home until he does some rehab. He would like to be transferred to his home state, but for the time being, he's stuck where he is. Needless to say, he is not a happy camper. This is really bad news and I know he's really frustrated, as anyone would be. :explode:

How about those of us still around here send him a "get well soon" card? Just PM me with your well wishes and I'll print them all out and staple them in a card and send it to him. If you have any better ideas PM me with those as well. He is at the Capistrano Beach Care Center for those of you who know his real name. When I reach him I'll try to get permission to give out more contact information.

SORRY to be the bearer of bad news. :cry:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

putaro
Captain
Captain

Re: Bad news about Silverbullet

Postby putaro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:30 am

Well, that is sad news. There's something about Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law got hit by a car when she was riding her bicycle (in Japan) during Thanksgiving 2009. We were in the US visiting my family which bumped my wife's stress way up. My mother-in-law is only now finishing up her rehab and just got all of the metal they put in taken out a week ago.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 am

OUCH! :(

Two broken legs at that age is not exactly good news. The scariest bit is - it's not the first time he's hit the deck this year. Hope you get well soon, ol' friend :patpat:

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:43 am

Oh dear! That sounds very nasty. I'm glad to hear SB is on the mend but it must be a painful and frustrating situation to be in. Get well soon, lad.

Snorpenbass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snorpenbass » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Wow, that...well, sucks. My regards to those who need it (a postcard might be a bit impractical from here since by the time it arrived it'd probably be late September 2056 or something ;) )...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2315451/

"Why, it would take some kind of enormous egomaniac to dare quote themselves in their own sig!"
--Snorpenbass

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Silverbullet, Tom! My dear friend!
Please, get well, quickly and well.
QUICKLY AND WELL!
Tell him this, Ann! Please tell him.
I embrace you, Tom.
Buddy.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Just got off the phone with Silverbullet! He sounds fine! Same old Silverbullet. :wise: It was good to hear him sounding very energetic.

The name of his care facility is Capistrano Beach Care Center. I wrote the name wrong in my first post. If you want to talk to him, just PM me, I can give you the contact info. (Of course if you have his full name already, that's all the contact info you'll need). He's sounding good: upbeat, but of course wanting to go home. They are telling him his bones might take 8 weeks to heal, so he's hoping to be out of there by December or January, and earlier if he progresses with the physical therapy. He says he can't wait to get back to his computer. He's got specific stories in the works. :D He's watching Terra Nova. :thumbsup: He's with us in spirit. And he appreciates all the support, particularly mentioning Cogito and Asso.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 am

Oh my, that sounds like a terrible accident. Glad he's feeling upbeat nonetheless. Here's hoping he gets a quick recovery.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:13 am

YIKES! I hope SB gets home soon.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Pennjazz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pennjazz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:12 am

Silverbullet,

Get better soon...We'll save a few drinks for you...Image Image Image Image Image

Pennjazz

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Nothing can keep our guy down! Get well soon Tommy boy!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself, SB. Sending well wishes and heal quickly. Take care.

Return to “General Chat”