Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

putaro
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: OMG I was just in an EARTHQUAKE!

Postby putaro » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 pm

If nothing fell off the shelves it's a minor earthquake. The big Sendai earthquake wasn't that bad in Tokyo but we got aftershocks for weeks, sometimes 2 or 3 a day.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Well I'm back home. Some videos fell of my shelves. What freaked me out so bad was not knowing if there would be aftershocks, (there weren't) and not knowing what on earth to do! My mom came back home and explained it all. I'll be just fine.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 am

Well, it's a good thing I'm not superstitious. On my vacation we had an earthquake on Tuesday, then on Thursday I woke up with an inner ear problem which made me violently ill (cured later that day at the hospital), then went out to say goodbye to the waves before evacuating Friday morning ahead of the Hurricane Irene. Believe it or not, it was still a good vacation.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:56 am

Don't forget next time you're in the valley karaoke and hopefully NO MORE EARTHQUAKES! Once was more than enough for me.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:35 am

justTripn wrote:Well, it's a good thing I'm not superstitious. On my vacation we had an earthquake on Tuesday, then on Thursday I woke up with an inner ear problem which made me violently ill (cured later that day at the hospital), then went out to say goodbye to the waves before evacuating Friday morning ahead of the Hurricane Irene. Believe it or not, it was still a good vacation.

Oh man, I'm sure sorry to hear about all the trouble you had there, that really sucks! :hug: But I'm glad to hear it was still a good vacation in spite of that. And I'm very glad to hear you avoided Hurricane Irene too. I've been watching them talking about that on CNN tonight (both on Peirs Morgan's show and Anderson Cooper's show thereafter) and it sounds like it could be a real horror story for folks living on the east coast. God, I sure hope our east coast members here (and everyone else too!) makes it through that alright.
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Karaoke at Massanutten! Yes. That's sounding better and better. A nice, safe activity. Unless of course I get hit with a rotten tomato.

Good luck to our friends on the coast! Stay safe! *crosses fingers*
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:22 pm

I don't think they serve tomatoes at the bar. To tell the honest truth none of the food is that great. Dad was there during the quake, in his words, it was "the coolest thing." Then again he's got an odd sense of what is cool.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:14 pm

justTripn wrote:Well, it's a good thing I'm not superstitious. On my vacation we had an earthquake on Tuesday, then on Thursday I woke up with an inner ear problem which made me violently ill (cured later that day at the hospital), then went out to say goodbye to the waves before evacuating Friday morning ahead of the Hurricane Irene. Believe it or not, it was still a good vacation.

Wow, when you decide to get away from the daily routine you don't do half measures. I hope that things will quieten down for you soon.

Return to “General Chat”