YouTubes You Just Have to Share With the World...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Re: YouTubes You Just Have to Share With the World...

Postby Kotik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Something romantic from the "Naugthy Unclez" -

No other is quite like her...

And something else...

The "windows 8" song performed by the original Artist - Lenka. Would you believe that this girl is 34 years of age. She cheated nature :shock:

Lenka: Everything at Once

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 am

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 pm

For reasons partly unfathomable, partly perfectly clear, I find that this fits perfectly to the relationship between our two beloved sweethearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbQZCsYXVg
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:38 am

TED talks to Elon Musk: The mind behind Tesla, SpaceX, SolarCity ...

Given his achievements, I'm kinda ashamed that I've never heard of him until now. Given his references to 'mind melds' and interest in space flight I'm sure he's familiar with the Trek 'verse. The inspiration behind Tony Stark? I wouldn't be surprised.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Jim Carrey tells it like it is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cold Dead Hand

That man's brilliant :thumbsup:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:41 pm

I was wondering if anyone who didn't grow up watching Hee Haw (as I did) would get it.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Wouldn't the more pertinent question be: WHY did you watch it? :lol: ;-) Sounds (and looks) like a bit of a ridiculous format to me (although one can safely rely on Jim having exaggerated quite a bit). It's a bit like these Volksmusik shows we get over here. Something you have to be a hundred and eleventy years old, blind and half-deaf to enjoy.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Well, when I was a kid we only had five TV channels to choose from, and it was something my parents watched. Dad probably liked the music, and Mom probably liked the humor. I know I definitely enjoyed Minnie Pearl's hat with the price tag hanging off it.

But really, all I can say is that it was more fun than The Lawrence Welk Show.

I watched quite a lot of awful TV in my youth. Anyone else remember Love American Style?

Some of my favorite shows as a kid would probably be unwatchable for me now: Flipper, Dark Shadows, High Chaparral, Daniel Boone, Emergency!, The Bionic Woman ... Star Trek ... (seriously, I find the original series pretty painful now). People can talk about a golden age of television, but I wouldn't want to go back.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Alelou wrote: ... (seriously, I find the original series pretty painful now).

I have to say, with much difficulty and regret, I as well.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Alelou wrote:Well, when I was a kid we only had five TV channels to choose from, and it was something my parents watched. Dad probably liked the music, and Mom probably liked the humor. I know I definitely enjoyed Minnie Pearl's hat with the price tag hanging off it.

But really, all I can say is that it was more fun than The Lawrence Welk Show.

I watched quite a lot of awful TV in my youth. Anyone else remember Love American Style?

Some of my favorite shows as a kid would probably be unwatchable for me now: Flipper, Dark Shadows, High Chaparral, Daniel Boone, Emergency!, The Bionic Woman ... Star Trek ... (seriously, I find the original series pretty painful now). People can talk about a golden age of television, but I wouldn't want to go back.

You forgot Lassie *sob*. Apart from the fact that I think rough collies are the most beautiful dogs ever I always liked the moment when Lassie came back, did a rain dance, drew Mona Lisa in the sand with her paw and Timmy would go: "Dad, I think Lassie wants to tell us something" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Five channels? Luxury! When I grew up (in't cardboard box in't middle o't road) we had three channels to choose from. The TV set had four big clunky push buttons to choose the station, and we couldn't figure out why it had so many buttons ...

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Cogito wrote:Five channels? Luxury! When I grew up (in't cardboard box in't middle o't road) we had three channels to choose from. The TV set had four big clunky push buttons to choose the station, and we couldn't figure out why it had so many buttons ...

Imperialist! We had two(!!) channels. G.D.R one and G,D.R Two and the latter was a two week delayed rerun of the former. Although I admit we were among the 'hellraisers' who illegally watched the west german channels too 8) Had they found out about that, it would've been a straight ticket to prison.

But in the immortalk words of my great grandfather: "The Russians had me in jail for ten years after 1945. Thre's nothing these guys can show me that I haven't yet seen." He taught me how to swear like a lumberjack in Russian :mrgreen:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 pm

I like most of Alelou's series. Although I remember Disney Sunday night at 7:00. My sister liked "I love Lucy" which to this day I cannot stand. "Combat" was another classic for us young boys. My ma being from Durango Colorado and living in Michigan loved Hee Haw, if only for the music. Needless to say I have an affinity for country music (good stuff). My wife still hasn't figured out my music tastes which when I put the old random all on the Ipod produces everything from the B-52s to George Jones with a smattering of bagpipe classics....even have a copy of the "Rodeo Song"....

Almost forgot one of my favorite shows Rowan and Martin's "Laugh-in"
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Return to “General Chat”