JustTripn & eK venture into the watery wolfy wilderness!!!!!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: JustTripn & eK venture into the watery wolfy wilderness!

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:34 pm

Cogito wrote:Not to be critical, but that map is missing some push-pins to show where you went. How on earth do you find your way around? I don't suppose the 'trail of bread crumbs' would work too well. I'm impressed by the camp site, too. Surely you didn't manage to pack all that in four little canoes?

Yep...everything was packed in the 4 kayaks. Anything that didn't fit in the hatches was strapped on top. There's no fresh water, so we hauled 80 liters of that in as well (20 gallons).

How do u find your way? A mixture of map, compass, and false bravado. :twisted:

Here's our route. We started at the top left and went south. The beach where we started is on the giant Vancouver Island where I was spawned (look at your school atlas and note the big hotdog shaped landmass next to seattle). We made our camp at the blue star (Hand Island) and did a day trip east to Capstan Isl in the Pinkertons and also a daytrip south thru the Brabant Islands to Marchant in the "Tiny Group".

As ann says, biolumimescent water and all...it was awesome!

(I had to scan this nautical chart in 4 sections as it is about 3.5 feet by 4.5 feet in size lol)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 pm

enterprikayak wrote:
Yep...everything was packed in the 4 kayaks. Anything that didn't fit in the hatches was strapped on top. There's no fresh water, so we hauled 80 liters of that in as well (20 gallons).

How do u find your way? A mixture of map, compass, and false bravado. :twisted:

Here's our route. We started at the top left and went south. The beach where we started is on the giant Vancouver Island where I was spawned (look at your school atlas and note the big hotdog shaped landmass next to seattle). We made our camp at the blue star (Hand Island) and did a day trip east to Capstan Isl in the Pinkertons and also a daytrip south thru the Brabant Islands to Marchant in the "Tiny Group".

As ann says, biolumimescent water and all...it was awesome!

Wow, that looks like a heck of a trip, well done and thanks again for the pics. :hatsoff:

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:32 am

Wow!!!! I was impressed as hell anyway with your guts to do this trip, ladies - but after seeing how far you's traveled there - while lugging all that stuff on four kayaks, I am in total shock and awe reading your posts about this. :faint:

Yeah, I bet between the bioluminescent water and the Milky Way above, that must've been a spectacular sight to behold.
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

Return to “General Chat”