Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Article on Fan Fiction from Time Magazine

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 pm

I didn't say that Gay equa;s Pedophle. I said a "Chicken Hawk" was a child molester. Difference,

Transwarp, I would have to research my considerable number of books on WW II to find the quote I would be llooking for. I did not pull that out of my butt. I may be old but I am not senile, yet nor do Isuffer from dementia.

Still hottter than all gt out here. It is 5:45 in the A.M. and the Temp is 82 degress already. We are in triple digits and will be until mid September.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:10 pm

You guys might appreciate this. I can't find "Randomness," so I'll post this here:

funny comic

Edit: I just read the above apology-fest. I'm glad you're all getting along. I can get along too, but right now, I'd rather just take a break. It is up to every individual person to decide when to be offended, when to walk away, when to speak up. When I get so tired of some nonsense to that point that I just want to walk away, I know that a slighly better approch would be to speak up, so I did. But seriously sometimes I want to wander back over to HoT. I don't suppose it's that active anymore . . .
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Transwarp, I would have to research my considerable number of books on WW II to find the quote I would be llooking for. I did not pull that out of my butt. I may be old but I am not senile, yet nor do I suffer from dementia.

You are quite obviously not senile. And you may even find a reference that says what you remember it saying; that enlisted submariners were prohibited from getting awards. But google turned up numerous instances of decorated submarine sailors in the war. Doesn't that mean they *could* get awards?

justTripn wrote:I can get along too, but right now, I'd rather just take a break. It is up to every individual person to decide when to be offended, when to walk away, when to speak up.

Sometimes just walking away is the absolute right thing to do. Now if I was just better at figuring out when those times are...
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

justTripn wrote:You guys might appreciate this. I can't find "Randomness," so I'll post this here:

funny comic

XKCD is great, isn't it? :lol:

This one had me howling with laughter, I'm sure we've all been there: Delivery Notification

And of course when I saw this one I thought :vulcan:

Return to “General Chat”