Total votes: 5

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: Us vs. the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Riot Squad *SI

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:19 am

enterprikayak wrote:some lovely shots from yesterday:

:deadhorse: :reddawn: :deadhorse: :reddawn: :deadhorse: :reddawn: :deadhorse: :reddawn: :deadhorse:

WarpGirl wrote:OMG when The Red Sox beat the Yanks at the world series, us NYers got mad yelled a lot then some had a drink and the rest of us went to bed. This is NUTS!

and here's the real kicker. so boston beat us. so we're mad. so we want revenge. so we....

BURN OUR OWN FUKING CARS? TRASH OUR OWN CITY? WTFTFTFTFTFTFTFFFF?

cut off the thumb to punish the hand, hey, MUCH?

YEAH...*THAT*'LL SHOW BOSTON. BOY ARE THEY EVER SORRY THAT THE FRONT WINDOWS OF THE HUDSON'S BAY COMPANY AND CHAPTERS ARE BASHED IN. UMMMMM......oh wait

HELLO??????

several bajillion businesses (even all over my small town) changed their streetside message signs outside their locations today to read things like "Proud of the Canucks - Disgusted with the Fans". Canada is divided into two camps today all over the news and the internet: the morons who smashed things yesterday....and everybody else. We're like, seriously pissed at those guys. The radio stations are reporting it constantly, and the tone of voice and the crushing embarrassment and hardcore disappointment of the newsreaders is just oozing out of their voices like a palpable thing. If you didn't understand english and you listened to only the tone of the report, you'd think we had had a severe mass murder or elementary school atrocity or what have you. We're all just sick over it. Not the loss....the reDONKulous behaviour afterward. There are, like, SOCCER moms calling up the radio stations to describe in detail the punishments those Unspeakables deserve. (one lady actually called them that lol) Hey.... there may be only 30 million of us, but those few hundred hooligans better WATCH OUT! s'all i can say. (and, hilariously, in 1994 this happened, but no one had cameras much. This time round, there are hundreds of photos already leading to arrests of people who did a lot of this shit. hahahaha!)

Morons, your SkyTrain is leaving.

^ taken last night, lol See why I'm so weird? lol....I SPENT MY FORMATIVE YEARS HERE! :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Us vs. Anarchy

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 am

I'm shocked you lived to adulthood! All I know is I thought my hometown was bonkers, I feel quite sane. It's a scary feeling.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:45 am

yeah, here's the weirdest part: any other day of the year in this big bustling city......there is no honking, everyone opens doors for one another, please and thank you all over the place....it's KNOWN for being awesome/friendly/etc. so this is highly aberrent. but it IS hockey. I guess it's the only thing that gets us THAT excited. lolol
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:52 am

I like hockey, have for a long time. But I can honestly say I don't get it.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:33 am

enterprikayak wrote:yeah, here's the weirdest part: any other day of the year in this big bustling city......there is no honking, everyone opens doors for one another, please and thank you all over the place....it's KNOWN for being awesome/friendly/etc. so this is highly aberrent. but it IS hockey. I guess it's the only thing that gets us THAT excited. lolol

I don't know about that, it look as if those two have found a way to console each other. :vulcan:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:01 pm

EK, the Pacific Northwest is known for courtesy and politeness. Seattle is widely thought of as one of the most courteous cities in the U.S. although apparently that does get on the nerves of people who are not used to that sort of thing.

I guess that Vancouver is about the same as Seattle then. Cross pollenization.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Oh my! That last picture is just too weird, LOL. Unless . . . it's from a movie where an astroid is about to hit Earth. Hmmm . . . Then, I totally don't blame them.

I'm from Pittsburgh, where we party hardy when we win a Super Bowl and go to bed quietly when we lose, saying, "Oh well. We'll get 'em next year." Poor normal people in Vancouver. :hug:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Thinking about it, if you were trapped between a load of riot police and a bunch of people turning over cars, what better way is there to make it clear that "we're not with that lot"? :clap:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Cogito wrote:Thinking about it, if you were trapped between a load of riot police and a bunch of people turning over cars, what better way is there to make it clear that "we're not with that lot"? :clap:

Make Love, Not War!!! Quick someone make an inspirational poster!!! :tears:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:02 pm

She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm

justTripn wrote:Make Love, Not War!!! Quick someone make an inspirational poster!!! :tears:

Brilliant! Somebody has *got* to do that!

Now, who do we know that's good with editing pictures and suchlike? 8)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Ummm.. Look up! :lol:

Nice one, KTR!
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:18 pm

As usual, I'm just too slow. Well done KTR! :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey they got international press! It looks like they were not a part of the trouble makers. Talk about taking advantage of being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/ ... &GT1=39002

Fics

Return to “General Chat”