So I wanna high five from all o' y'alls

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: So I wanna high five from all o' y'alls

Postby WarpGirl » Sun May 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Absolutely! That's partly why I've been holding out for the person who I think can be my best friend. Of course very few people put up with me anyway so it's not just me being stubborn. Hey Ek you should be like those columists Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Kahn. They are hysterically funny! A lot like you are. Anyway they have a colum on Glo the MSN magazine!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun May 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Because my husband was my friend first before we actually became a couple, I always considered him my best friend. I sort of made a short list of what I thought I needed in a guy, he fitted into it and we had this feeling that we made the right decision to move our relationship to the next level. We just liked to things together and to be together. Never in a romantic "we need candle light and chocolate" kind of way.

Back to ek's situation: I seriously doubt if I ever can be so optimistic as Ek if I and hubs are were going to split up. Problably a lot more angry.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Sun May 08, 2011 6:43 pm

I have a reeeeeeeeeally bad temper. It does me no good to allow it out to destroy whole nations and suchlike. lol Bad for me in the long run. So I tend to focus on the positive and literally have no use for holding onto negative things that cannot be changed. A lot of people in my family tree don't know how to do that, have the same temper (or worse), and have miserable existences. I am trying to reverse-emulate them.

However, I *am* looking forward to my old age, wherein i shall be such a crotchety bitch as the world has never seen. :cake: :evillol: :bitch: :popcorn:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun May 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Ek no way could you ever top the sheer meaness and vindictiveness of my great grandmother. Just not possible. My guess is you'll be the zaney old lady in crazy outfits that makes cookies for all the nice kids, and terrorizing the bad ones.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi enterprikayak,

Just seen you had a post here about this. Yes, you definatly get a high five from me, Kiddo! (and a hug too!) I know this can't be easy for you, although I love your attitude about it. You know, sometimes divorce can turn out to be the best alternative. My sister and I wouldn't even be alive if our parents hadn't divorced the people they were originally married to, theirs was a 2nd marriage for both of them (which was pretty rare back in the 1950's when they met and fell in love). Take care!
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:50 am

So I have offfically moved into my mommy's basement, which is a step down socially and a HUGE step up psychologically. lol

Kids love it here; cats too.

My stepdad and I moved everything yesterday and I'm covered in bruises from the lifting and chucking process. :P I look like I was kicked all over my arms and thighs by a very tiny horse. lol
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:43 am

enterprikayak wrote:So I have offfically moved into my mommy's basement, which is a step down socially and a HUGE step up psychologically. lol

Kids love it here; cats too.

My stepdad and I moved everything yesterday and I'm covered in bruises from the lifting and chucking process. :P I look like I was kicked all over my arms and thighs by a very tiny horse. lol

Here is a "LIKE" for the psychological step up. Which reminds me. After our trip, I told ek I was going to get on here and give away her secret: SHE IS TOTALLY SANE, AND TOGETHER, COMPETENT, POSITIVE, WHOLESOME, AND NURTURING . . . . The crazy/hilarious thing is just a cover. (Though she IS pretty hilarious).

And she's doing OK . Ahhh, freedom. :) I will enjoy it vicariously. :hug:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:32 pm

enterprikayak wrote:So I have offfically moved into my mommy's basement, which is a step down socially and a HUGE step up psychologically. lol

You're living the Trek stereotype! LOL ;-)

Seriously though, glad things are working out! :thumbsup:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:00 am

kevin thomas r wrote: You're living the Trek stereotype! LOL

I AM! lol! I'm living the trek!nerd archetype to a tee: I am posting on a star trek fanfiction bulletin board, from a tiny desk in my mom's house (using up her bandwidth), eating her food, paying no rent, and plotting total world domination! :evillol:

jt wrote:The crazy/hilarious thing is just a cover.

Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain! :evilmonkey:

Return to “General Chat”