Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

So I wanna high five from all o' y'alls

Postby enterprikayak » Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 am

It's been 41 days!

Priso (my hub) and I VERY amicably split up in March and so far all is well!

He is moving to the tenant's house on our property in July, and so far living as roomies has been 10 kinds of awesome!

We've been together since age 16.....15 years! Yikes! And we both feel like it's time to move on. But we wanna stay close neighbours and friends for the sake of the kiddies (age 2 and 5). They don't even know anything about it. He used to hang out at the 2nd house all the time b4 we rented it, so the kids won't miss a beat. In fact the older one said to me the other day, "Mommy you and Daddy never argue anymore!" lol So that's nice. :lol: We have rediscovered our friendship now that we don't have to be stupid married anymore.

I went on my first-ever date as a non-16-yr-old last Friday....it was great! :lol: This time round I picked a 40 year old. Seems like a better fit. LOL!

Priso is 4000 km away right now in New York for a 5 day hang-out with an old flame of his.....from elementary school! LOL! S'how you have to operate when you've been tied down since you got your driving license.

He's having a great time. Here's the best bit:

I sent him on my airmiles.

Ahhhhhh I love the 21st century. It's just so....cheerful.

:happyjump: :hug: :loveeyes: :wave: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :kiss: :surprisehug: :reddawn: :twisted: :tears: :rotflmao: :wise: :nerd: :crazed: :clap: :hatsoff: :cake: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

okay, now: high fives all! No condolences!

Aaaaaaaand GO!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: So I wanna high five from all o' y'alls

Postby justTripn » Fri May 06, 2011 12:11 pm

OK, here is your high five, with one reservation: YOU SENT HIM ON YOUR AIRMILES!!!!!! :duh: :dunno:

Anyway . . . . I'm taking it so well, because I've known for a while. In fact at the end of July, I'm going to fly out and go kayaking with enterpriKAYAK. Someone needs to cheer her up because, as you can see, she's so sad. Or maybe she will cheer me up, I don't know, lol . . .
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Sorry I can't give you a high five EK please don't hate me but I'm a bit devestated for you. Sorry. Please don't hate me. I am glad that everything seems to be well for you all, but... ug! Is it really that over if you guys still like each other so much?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri May 06, 2011 12:24 pm

I don't blame you WarpGirl. It takes some getting used to. :cry: :hug:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 pm

21st Century or not I'm a firm believer in "til death us do part" unless somebody cheats or is being abused. But even if I didn't they've been togeether for so long it's just bloody sad to split up, especially with kids. Now Ek's gonna hate me! :cry:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri May 06, 2011 1:04 pm

EK, it takes courage to know when it is time to split. Many stay together for the kids and wind up bitter.

So, High five for your courage. My best to you in future. Him too.

Does this mean I Get to see chapter five at last?

Tom (aka SB)
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri May 06, 2011 1:07 pm

:hug: Couldn't find a high five smilie so here's a hug.

My husband and I began dating at 17 and 18 and got married at 23 and 24. It's nothing short of a miracle that we are still together. We separated for a while and went through some counseling. We are now happier and stronger than ever. That worked for us, but everyone's situation is different.

Here's another hug. :hug:

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri May 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Silverbullet wrote:EK, it takes courage to know when it is time to split. Many stay together for the kids and wind up bitter.

So true, SB. My in-laws should be divorced but my mother-in-law won't leave. First it was for the kids now who knows why she stays. My husband grew up in a household full of all kinds of ugliness and it affected our relationship. I'm a believer in "'till death do us part, too, but sometimes it just can't be that way..

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri May 06, 2011 5:00 pm

It's been just great. Talked to him on the phone for a sec today....he's having a great time in NY. *I'm* loving having the house to myself. lol He's back Monday evening.

(btw in case anyone was wondering why I'd permanently break up w/ someone who was a great friend and a good dad, it's cause at (more than a couple of) times in the past he has stuck his equipment in the wrong equipment locker. >:( And I am an exacting chief engineer. Equipment on a starship belongs in the correct locker. There are no excuses for slipshod behaviour.)

PS - I am *not* talking about laundry or starships. Nuff said. lol
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri May 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Kinda odd that you're so cheerful about it, but I guess at some point a person's got to forgive and move on. The alternative is to stay miserable and get ulcers... or maybe shoot somebody. And jail is mighty inconvenient. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 06, 2011 7:09 pm

You wouldn't go to jail in VA! Here there is a law on the books that you can legally shoot a spouse and lovers because it's the same principle as shooting a robber in your home. :shock: Not kidding! Now of course I'm not advocating that, but... It has it's merits. :twisted:

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri May 06, 2011 7:31 pm

a girl can always dream..... lol

u r right Dis....my other option is misery. which would be senseless in the face of the many many colourful facts. I'm doing really well, and I'm happy Priso's happy cause that makes it easier for us all (kids incl) to be happy.

just got off the phone with the first-ever-date guy (see 1st post) and I'm smilin'.

;) 8)

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm

WG, tha tis called the unwritten law in some southern states and elsewhere. but you gotta catch them in bed. Then you can blast away with your old 44. Mess, of course plays hell out of the sheets. Hard to get the blood out.

There is a joke the punch line being "Get him on the rise. It is the sporting thing to do."

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 06, 2011 7:48 pm

No I'm saying it is a written law, and you don't have to catch them in the act, just together. About 5 years ago a man shot his wife and her companion and got off. They're still trying to change the law because it was written in 1850.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri May 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Just together? they could have been standing in a Walmart. Need more than that. At least standing together Nekid.

SB

Return to “General Chat”