Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Starship Troopers 3

Postby Silverbullet » Tue May 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Starship Troopers 3 is now showing on Encore net. It has Jolene blalock in it. I have not viewed it but have it recorded on my DVR.

I remember on the "We Want Brunette Jolene" board some one (sounded like a young male) put a post up. He said thatt Jolene's character married the wrong man. I was not sure if he meant that the character she married was wrong for the Jolene character of this guy thought the guy the Jolene character was going to marry was wrong in HIS opinion.

Anyway, he was very rude about it. Made soe nasty remarks. Think that CX was active on that board at the time so he may remember if better than I. Since I was just lurking.

Anyway, if you want to see Jolene's perforance where she laughs and smiles. Then catch Starsip Troopers 3.

If anyone on this board has seen it maybe that person can give mmore detailed information on it.

Unfortunately, it won't be rebroadcast until Wed, may 11. It has been broadcast twice last night.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: Starship Troopers 3

Postby Elessar » Thu May 05, 2011 2:05 am

Yeah it's an interesting movie... I'd say it was better than ST:2 but that's not saying much, the end is very weird. I really loved ST:1 but it struck just the right balance of taking itself seriously vs taking itself as a joke. They never seemed to find that balance again. The third one was sort of over the top a tongue in cheek joke. It was just cool that Caspar van Dien was back and Jolene was on the cast.

I'll put it this way, it's a Jolene movie, she carries a gun, she looks great, and it's nowhere near as bad as Shadow Hunters; but not quite as mainstream well-made as Slow Burn.

I'd say on an overall movie scale it gets like a C-, on a cheap budget sci fi scale it gets like a B, and on an average Jolene movie scale it gets like a B+.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu May 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Ellesar, I just fast forwarded thought it will view it slowly and comletely later. However, from what I did see. Ricco was Jolenes old, good friend, they had a lot of laughs remembering. Ricco does the right things. Dix seemed to be a complete Asshole. Ricco rescues Jolene. Everything seemed to point that Ricco and Jolene should end up together. Dix does. so the ending was rally strange. However, sure liked Jolene in it. she was beautiful, as usual. What was that movie she was in where she wore an eyepatch?

wish like Hell she could have got into a decent series.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat May 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Silverbullet wrote:However, sure liked Jolene in it. she was beautiful, as usual. What was that movie she was in where she wore an eyepatch?SB

No, that was Angelina Jolie.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow!!!! Vastly under-rated movie.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat May 07, 2011 10:24 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow!!!! Vastly under-rated movie.

Very much agreed!
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 07, 2011 10:33 pm

I know I could rant about that and often. I mean Laurence Olivier has been dead for decades yet he was a vital part in that movie. His last role, and in a sense from beyond the grave! That alone makes it one of the coolest movies of all time. I never got into Starship Troopers. I wish I could have but it wasn't to be.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “General Chat”