Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

What now?

Postby Silverbullet » Mon May 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Bin Laden is dead. What now? Those serving in Embassies around the Muslim world should be worried. Hopefully the U.S. will remove all dependents immediately. There will be a response from bin Ladens group. It will be bloddy and in many places at once. Marine guards will have to hold off mobs. Since usually there are at most a dozen Marine guards at post they are going to be damned busy.

I served in Islamabad (two years) Peshawar, Karachi, Passed through Lahore, Dhaka (Bangladesh) Tunis and Algiers. You could say I am familiar with t he Muislim world.

I would hate to be stationed anywhere in that world right now.

Glad that Din Laden got his though.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: What now?

Postby Distracted » Mon May 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Although I am convinced in this case that justice has been done, I feel that we must be careful in our use of the term "Muslim" to identify al Qaida members. They are Muslims, of course. But they are Muslims in much the same way that members of the Ku Klux Klan are Christians.

That being said, I certainly would not want to be living in or traveling to any area in which al Qaida operatives regularly commit acts of terrorism. Unfortunately, that could be anywhere at this point. We should, as Silverbullet says, all be watchful. It's a difficult situation. It may be difficult to protect ourselves without violating the rights of innocent Muslims. Bin Laden has done the Muslim people a great disservice, in my opinion. I have seen several Muslim patients in my practice in the past several months who are depressed and anxious because of the treatment they are receiving from those around them. Everyone is suspicious of them. You can't tell the good guys from the bad guys these days.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”