Finally...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Finally...

Postby Kotik » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:43 am

...this whole royal wedding malarkey is over. For pete's sake it was all over the news all day. Why the hell should I care. We're a republic fer christ sake! Had this feeling all day:

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Finally...

Postby Cogito » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Half the UK population agrees with you, and has been making the most of the fact that the other half spent the day shackled to the TV watching a couple of complete strangers do something that thousands of people do every day.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Well I'm an American but for me personally I LOVE HISTORY! All of my life I've been reading about this stuff, and the traditions. And when I say all my life I mean since I was 3 with the little pirmer books. So this is probably the only time in my life I was actually able to see what I've been reading about. That was a pretty amazing experience for me. Besides after the tornadoes hitting my country with hundreds of people dead, the economy, and other cruddy things saturating the news it was nice to obsess over something joyful and good for a change. Is that something to sneer at?

I loved it. And I'm glad I stayed up. Although I got hit with a migraine and threw up in the middle. :(
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:06 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Well I'm an American but for me personally I LOVE HISTORY! All of my life I've been reading about this stuff, and the traditions. And when I say all my life I mean since I was 3 with the little pirmer books. So this is probably the only time in my life I was actually able to see what I've been reading about. That was a pretty amazing experience for me. Besides after the tornadoes hitting my country with hundreds of people dead, the economy, and other cruddy things saturating the news it was nice to obsess over something joyful and good for a change. Is that something to sneer at?

:clap:

Her dress was beautiful!!!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:39 pm

You have to admit the British know how to do things well. That whole wedding went off without a hitch. given all thepagentry. All the people involved. Horse guards. Srvicemen and women. It must have been a nightmare to arrange and manage. so I say well done.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Aikiweezie wrote: :clap:

Her dress was beautiful!!!

It WAS! :drool: And hopefully the "strapless" trend for the last few years will be gone for a bit. The one thing that was kind of "disappointing" from a photographic standpoint was the lace appliques on the skirt didn't show up on TV. But it does show up in the sill photography. The dress wasn't nearly as simple as it looked on TV. But some snitty people seem to think it was boring. Hello read a history book on royal weddings protocol determines what you can do with a dress. A "Typical" McQueen dress like in Sarah Burton's collection couldn't have cut it. That said, AMAZING designer. I loved the Maid Of Honor dress. Add sleeves and a train and that would be my dress! But I'd have to find a Prince Harry look-a-like. :twisted: :faint:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun May 01, 2011 12:16 am

Aikiweezie wrote:Her dress was beautiful!!!

She was beautiful! :drool:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun May 01, 2011 1:28 am

She's taken KTR and the guy who got her is not only rich but he can kill people. Come to think of it he wouldn't have to his Brother would probably do it for him gladly. Then he would take what's left. :evillol:

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun May 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Well, her sister is quite hot too... :drool:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun May 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Hey that could work! :tears:

Fics

Return to “General Chat”