Allow me...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Allow me...

Postby Asso » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Hundred and fifty years ago Italy was born, I mean a united Italy, the Italy where I was born and that is my homeland.

During the present period, my country is going through difficult times. I do not think that its image shines bright in the world; and there is controversy, here, even about the occasion itself.

I never express opinions, if I can, about how other people think, but all this saddens me, and it saddens me even more because the problems of my country are only a drop in the sea of sadness that surrounds the world: I think of Africa... I think of Japan ... I think of all the rest ...

But anyway and in any case, I love my country and I am proud to be Italian.

So allow me to ask you to celebrate with me the colours of my flag ...

In our story ...

In our food ...

On the monument symbol of my city, which was the first capital of unified Italy ...

On the sky over the sea that surrounds my homeland, drawn by the Tricolour Arrows.

On my beloved Boot.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Allow me...

Postby Cogito » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:24 pm

I don't think that politicians have ever been a good representation of any country, Italy included. I have only seen a small part of Italy, but the people I have met there have been the most warm-hearted that you could hope to meet. In the area of Le Marche that I usually visit, it also has beautiful countryside, superb food, and more picturesque medieval villages than you could count. I think it is a country that has good reason to celebrate regardless of the excuse.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Asso, My wife's Cousin is an Italian Citizen. She was married to an Italian (not divorced) I have been to Rome a few times. Never really got a chance to see Florence and the great Art Galleries there. Never had the time.

A salute ot our Italiann brothers. Fellow poets and fellow Lovers to the Irish.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:09 pm

:D :D :D :D :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Yup, Irish Flag is Green, White and Gold. Italian is Green, White and Red. Close enough. Both are heavily Catholic. Much in common.

SB :clap:
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Yup, Irish Flag is Green, White and Gold. Italian is Green, White and Red. Close enough. Both are heavily Catholic. Much in common.

SB :clap:

Yes, Vive la Difference. It has a Vulcan ring to it, don't you think?

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Asso, in a troubled world, I am also sad to hear there are troubles in your country but I am glad you care about your country. There are troubles where I live right now too (political ones) in the State of Wisconsin, which depress me very much and have occupied my thoughts and actions. Even so, I am following the diasaster in Japan and the conflicts in North Africa with great interest and am very sad about the loss of life in both these parts of the world. More and more as time goes on, the different cultures on our planet are becoming interdependant and people are developing friendships around the world as never before possible due to the internet and air travel. I think this interdependence is a good thing and hopefully will lead to more compassion and less violence, and more aid to those in need. :hug:

By the way, there is a large Italian population in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Here is a link to the Italian Community Center in Milwaukee:
http://www.italianconference.com/
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “General Chat”