Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Japan Quake - West Coast of N. America on alert for Tsunami

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey everyone,

As you may or may not yet have heard, there was a massive massive 8.8 earthquake in Japan 12 hours ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Senda ... nd_tsunami

My province (B.C.) is on alert for tsunamis...but luckily my own house is a couple of miles from the ocean and our beach is naturally sheltered anyhow.

Consider sending good prayers/vibes, donating blood (USA and other countries often ship blood internationally for emergencies, so it's a big need right now everywhere, not just Japan), and/or donating $ to Red Cross or something similar, if you can. :(

EQ's always scare me extra bad cause I know that one day you guys'll be sending $ to red cross for MY earthquake. :?

This one is so surreal. ↑

TSUNAMI AT THE AIRPORT

TSUNAMI AT THE AIRPORT

TSUNAMI AT THE AIRPORT
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Japan Quake - West Coast of N. America on alert for Tsunami

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Horrrible.

I hanve a training partner/friend who is there right now. Just popped off an email to him & his wife to see if he's okay.

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: Japan Quake - West Coast of N. America on alert for Tsunami

Postby justTripn » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:32 pm

I quickly surveyed my memory banks for people I knew in Japan, Hawaii, or the coasts of Thailand or California and I forgot poor ek in Canada. :hug: I'm glad your beach is naturally sheltered. OH! I have a cousin in Washington on the beach. *Sending good luck vibes* I guess Hawaii suffered no real damage *knock on wood*.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “General Chat”