I Have Returned

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: I Have Returned

Postby justTripn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:50 pm

I hated graduate school and was so glad to escape and be working. I made a mental note to NEVER NEVER NEVER go back to school ever and I then I repressed all the rest of the horrible details.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm

yarg. me too. i was a perfectionist and would argue over every percentage point. they hated me. but i *did* come top of the class. :twisted: (not grad school though....i think before i ever approached that, my head would have melted, taking a lot of innocent bystanders with it.)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:17 pm

I would like to point out that you are missing a considerable number of capital letters in that post. Presumably you've mellowed quite a bit since then? :D

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm

I loved school. I wanted to stay in school forever... until they made me stay up all night and lance boils and disimpact people and stuff. Then I wanted out. It's good that I went to med school instead of grad school, I suppose. If I hadn't, I'd probably still be in school... working on, like, my fourth PhD or something. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Cogito wrote:I would like to point out that you are missing a considerable number of capital letters in that post. Presumably you've mellowed quite a bit since then? :D

ah yes, i have. But notice the perfect capitalisation and punctuation in my signature. also i nearly always use the "s" version of a word, not the "z" one (like realise or capitalise) even at the risk of the americans thinking i spelled it wrong. extra u's or ae's....i'm there.

the signs are all still present. repressed stickler madness. and yes, one of my favourite books is eats shoots and leaves

:lol:

(btw, Dis, disimpacting sounds gross. :wave: thanks for, like, being a doctor and stuff, so we can have your services when needed. you poor thing.)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Can you even begin to imagine how many times I proof-read that before I posted it? :lol:

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Speaking of lancing, hey Dis, I got this thing on my back... :raspberry:

As far as school, we'll, I've already been here long enough to figure that I might as well go for a Masters. Plus one of my jobs actually has given me an area of study. And then of course there's what Red says about it: "These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized." Image

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Distracted wrote:I would SO love to be a grad student. That's the problem with school, though. Eventually it's over and you have to go to work. :roll:

...to pay off a Bentley's worth of loans :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “General Chat”