Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: BANNER CONTEST! :^O

Postby Cogito » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Don't ask me to paint it, but in my mind the most attractive images are the left and center of the main site banner (the MU part does nothing for me) and the forum banner. It would be a shame to lose any of the forum banner (the whole thing is perfect as far as I can see) but perhaps some clever person can see a way to incorporate some of the images from the site banner?

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:12 pm

panyasan wrote:Ahum. "The tits are great?"

Well, they ARE!

panyasan wrote: I think it's very original and the poem is hilarious

Well, yes, it IS hilarious. Alas, it is not original (not to me, anyway). I suppose I should pay tribute where it is due: the quote is from a recent and rather clever forum post by enterprikayak. Of course I fell in love with it on the very first reading.

panyasan wrote:maybe you could have something more neutral for a banner

I quite agree. If my primitive attempt at a banner ever escapes from the narrow confines of this forum topic I will be shocked Shocked SHOCKED. It's really just my own feeble effort to pay tribute to ek's clever quote.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm

You mean that image of T'Pol in her dress of Home kissing Trip and an image of Vulcan? I love that too, but I like the image of the kiss of T'Pol and Trip even better. (The best kiss we got was of course in Home). The forum banner is really like, T'Pol and Trip look so well. :clap:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:25 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Transwarp, I'm honoured. :lol:

I think we have a winner. :guffaw:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Transwarp wrote:Okay, I give up. That should have worked. I uploaded the banner to
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/80wSDvyx/ts_banner.png.html

but no joy when I stuck it between the image tags.

I guess you could paste the above URL into your browser and see it that way...

Ha! Ha! That is very good and NO, it cannot be the new banner!!!! :evilmonkey:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Actually, I just had another idea: We start a new section for stories that are purposely outrageous and THIS is the banner for that section. Hmmm . . . . . .

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 am

I'd like it for Decon if the Decon banner didn't appear on the main page. Sorry, Transwarp, it's just a little too explicit for the mainpage...

EK I like yours, but is there a way to decrease the angling on the script? I feel myself turning my head to read it, maybe it would be a little easier to read if it weren't angled quite so sharply to the viewer? Like it tho!
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:53 am

Like maybe this-ish?

banner_edit copy.jpg
banner_edit copy.jpg (123.58 KiB) Viewed 551 times

Yeah, I think John's right, the other one was too slanty.

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:14 am

Oooooooh Shiny! :clap:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:45 am

your comment made me think there should be more shiny ink. :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:00 am

That would look kinda awesome actually. I should be shot for even mentioning this it's not like I have any photoshoping knowledge. But why can't Trip be smiling? I'm sure there's a pic of him in uniform smiling somewhere on the net.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:34 am

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:42 am

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I vote for it!

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:09 am

I'm having trouble finding a smiling picture actually. Lots of convention ones, but not so many in-costume ones. If you find a good hi-res one send it to me!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 pm

I like ek's banner as a banner for the Trip and T'Pol fanfiction, only because I don't like the looks of MU Trip, which is on the current banner, but ek's banner is a little minimalistic for me. BUT, the old banner does give the impression that there are many kinds of Trip and T'Pol stories to be told, which I like.

If you are going to change the current banner, I would like a new pose for Trip and T'Pol, since we've seen that one alot at the Top of this board.

I would prefer a busy banner for the fanfiction banner, with kissing, maybe baby Elizabeth, planets, and a ship, evoking alot of activity and possible story lines.

I love the Enterprise NX-01, and want that in the banner somewhere. I think it balances out the romance (personal and small-scale) with the promise of adventure and broader Trekkiness (big, grand issues).

For the top of this board, I'm not to fussy. Just a great picture of the two of them. I like some of Alelou's abandoned avatars: Trip and T'Pol looking stunned: "You read WHAT about us?" :lol:

Return to “General Chat”