Cross Word Thread (for crosswords, not cross words)

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Cross Word Thread (for crosswords, not cross words)

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:20 am

So if this is gonna be, like, my new thing, there'd better be a thread to catch all the mess.

Here's a crossword I made of all of our Triaxian Silk usernames. :twisted:
Tris_Xword.pdf
(71.56 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

(Well, the 26 of us who seem around most right now...if I left anyone off I'm sorry! Complain, and I'll do another one. {I can't tell if that's an offer or a threat :lol: })

The answers are things like "WARPGIRL" and "SILVERBULLET" and "LINDA". It was so fun to make! :lol: I had to cyber-stalk you all, just a little bit. Elessar's profile still says "Obama '08" so that's clearly not been looked at in 3 years, :lol: And StarWatcher's interests read: "Reading, writing, running, sewing, baking" which I like to picture her doing all at once. :lol:

Here's the answer key, cause you can't Google this bad boy. :badgrin:
answer_Tris_Xword.pdf
ANSWER KEY
(55.26 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

Now let's see if I made it too hard! AAAAAAaaaaaaaand GO!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: Cross Word Thread (for crosswords, not cross words)

Postby justTripn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:34 pm

I completed the previous crossword puzzle, with help from Memory Alpha!!! The last space to fill in: "Resident Musketeer"! ARGGHH, but I got it. :)

Thanks ek! Please repost that puzzle in this thread!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Good call. I'll gather the madness together.

enterprikayak wrote:Click the image to view the full pdf with clues.

And here's the answer key!

Glad you figured it out!!! :) I'm obsessed with crosswords to the point where my family hates me for it, and I cannot believe that I never thought of this delicious melding before of my madnesses. This is a dangerous path I am treading. One day they will find me on the floor, dead from karoshi, yet my glorious masterwork swirling on the lcd above me, a photomanipulated Star-Trek-head painting from the 1500's illuminating a 200 entry crossword puzzle spanning all 10 trek series and 23 movies (I don't plan on dying for a while) with guess-who drabbles tucked in all along the edges. Of course, also: an embedded video montage is playing on repeat to a Traveling Wilbury's song.

:klingon: It will be glorious....
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 pm

And here I thought the clue for my name would be something with bums... :tpol:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:53 pm

OMG I'm actually the answer in a crossword! :faint: IDK if I should be eternally grateful or completely freaked out! Either way WOW! I wish I had a printer... :( Wait what was my clue? Now I'm terrified!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:08 am

WG: I've PM'ed you your clue.

[veruca salt voice]

Everyone else: do it!

DO IT NOW!

I don't CARE if you're busy or have a life! Put down whatever stupid thing you are holding and print this crossword and fill it out!
Attachments
Tris_Xword.pdf
(71.56 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:36 am

Oh when she brings Willy Wonka Characters out you KNOW she's serious! Dang now I really need to get some chocolate.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 pm

I am halfway through the second crossword. I realized I can do this backwards: Who is here? Which box is long enouph for their name? OH CUTE CLUE. Now I get it! :lol:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Hey! That's cheating! :lol:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Yay! The crossword has been dloaded 14 times! That's most of us. :lol:

Return to “General Chat”