Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Weather outside your window

Postby Aikiweezie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Transwarp wrote:Had some rain a couple of days ago, but today was nice. Partly cloudy, high in the low 60's. Last rocket attack was about a week ago.

Oh my! I'll take 20 inches of snow over rockets any day, TW!!!!

I'll post some pics later, too. We have drifts that are easily 3 feet. We dug out a area for our dogs to do their business but Butch will have none of it and hasn't peed since 8:00 last night. Poor thing. We are completely trapped in the house right now. As soon as it stops snowing we will begin to dig out.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Wow to the variety of weather out there from Wisconsin to Afghanistan! Yes, I would love some pictures.

I was about to announce that I stepped outside into a beautiful Spring Day and all I needed was a jean jacket. That was my experience, but when I checked the weather report just now, I learned it is 38 degrees F. out, LOL. Well, it is a beautiful Spring Day RELATIVELY speaking--relative to the horrible cold we've had lately and relative to the horrible reports from elsewhere.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Transwarp wrote:Had some rain a couple of days ago, but today was nice. Partly cloudy, high in the low 60's. Last rocket attack was about a week ago.

Things are always relative, aren't they? ;-)

Here we had +5,3 degrees C today, one of the warmest places in Sweden actually.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:04 am

Here's my "winter wonderland!" Tomorrow is another snow day for the kiddies but it is supposed be below zero. I don't think they will be sledding again until it warms up a bit.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:22 am

Cool snow pics! I have some too, as you can see below.

We had about two inches on the ground yesterday and overnight received a huge dumping of snow!

The snow drift that piled itself up in front of our garage door.

We dug out a path into the garage through the drift which is taller than me, as you can see.

The wind last night was so strong that it blew snow into the garage under the narrow space you can see between the garage door and the floor.

Here is the front of our house after we cleared snow from the sidewalk. That pile on the porch roof was all from last night - no snow at all up there before.

Okay, maybe we will get mail tomorrow after shoveling a narrow path up to the front door.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 am

Linda, and Aikiweezie, that is VERY impressive. Your arms are going to look great after all that shoveling. That is one benefit of ridiculous snow storms. And those are ridiculous snow storms.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:28 am

I mean, look at the garage....it's mental!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Return to “General Chat”