Wisdom Teeth Removal COMPLAINING THREAD!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: Wisdom Teeth Removal COMPLAINING THREAD!

Postby justTripn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:41 pm

I got four wisdom teeth removed while awake. Got to hear that really freaky sound like bones breaking from inside my own body. But it all went well. I felt so good afterwards, I ignored instructions and went over to some friends' house to eat. That would have been fine except my gums kept bleeding, which is pretty disgusting to see. Should have stayed home. But anyway. I'll count mine experience as not bad. So you may actually be almost better by tomorrow. Everyone is different.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:15 pm

That sound made me almost faint when I assisted for my first wisdom teeth extraction. And the kid we were wokring on had been drinking the night before, but didn't tell us until the gas started making him vomit up bits of beer chunks. And the vomit smell and the cracking noise just got to me and I handed the other asst the bloody-tipped suction and I went and sat on the floor. ME! TOUGH OL' ME!

it's a really gross sound. i still hate it even after having heard it a bajillion times.

it's gross.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:19 pm

enterprikayak wrote:That sound made me almost faint when I assisted for my first wisdom teeth extraction. And the kid we were wokring on had been drinking the night before, but didn't tell us until the gas started making him vomit up bits of beer chunks. And the vomit smell and the cracking noise just got to me and I handed the other asst the bloody-tipped suction and I went and sat on the floor. ME! TOUGH OL' ME!

it's a really gross sound. i still hate it even after having heard it a bajillion times.

it's gross.

Dude in the states they'd a told that kid to **** off and come back sobered up. They bout booted me for having drank 8-16 oz of water that morning against their orders, which I didn't see that water counted.

Incidentally, the sympathy card seems to be working at least for today :mrgreen:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:03 pm

The wisdom teeth that had come through the gum were not too bad when they were pulled. But I had one wisdom tooth pulled that had not broken through the gum. That was bad, the pain and the draining fluids. Fortunately I didn't have anywhere I had to go afterward and could spend the the rest of that day and most of the next day prone on the couch or bed with a towel under my head for the draining. Years later, there still is a big hole in the gum where they pulled that one tooth which was below the gum line - a difficult area to clean.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I don't remember getting my wisdom teeth out nor do I remember the day following. Apparently the drugs they gave me resulted in amnesia. My mom tells me that the day after my procedure our parish priest came to visit (they did that back then apparently, and I was in Catholic school at the time). You'd think that would be something I'd remember, right? If only because it would've scared me to death. Monseignor Sigur personally visited my bedroom to give me the anointing of the sick. Jeez. You'd think I was dying or something. But no. I have no memory of it at all. My dentist believed in GOOD drugs. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:50 pm

All I remember of the day after my wisdom teeth were removed is that I was starting an internship with a pediatric surgeon...

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 am

Christ, I hear ya buddy. When I get that sorta s**t, I usually just use codeine. Least it f**kin' works. Not really recommended though. :-x
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:34 am

I got all 4 wisdom teeth yanked out in one sitting :S Thankfully I was sedated. My mother drove me home once I was out of the "wake-up room". Freaked the livin' crap out of her when the first thing I did was to light a cigarette :lol:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Kotik wrote:I got all 4 wisdom teeth yanked out in one sitting. Freaked the livin' crap out of her when the first thing I did was to light a cigarette :lol:

Public Service Notice:
This is the best way to dislodge your clots and get "dry sockets" (read: the worst most painful thing ever)

:lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:39 am

Geez. Now I don't feel quite so bad about giving my body to science for this one. :-)

Years and years ago I needed all four of my wisdom teeth out but couldn't afford it. So I volunteered for one of those drug studies - the kind that pays you for helping them test something. Not only was my surgery paid for completely but I got paid about $1600 in the end. Blood was drawn every hour, blood pressure every hour, EKGs before and after, good meds after the study, follow up visits. It was all pretty elaborate. We even had to sleep in a dorm room on site at the testing center for one night.

Those of us who did it ate nothing pudding and soup for two days and watched nonstop DVDs in the little rec room, inbetween our hourly visits (middle of the night too) with the research nurses to describe our pain level on a chart, get blood drawn, etc. etc. Luckily I got the good stuff and not a placebo, so it was walk in the park. :-) :-)

Here's hoping the worst of it goes by quickly, Ellessar!

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Ow. Agony. Ow.

*Pills*

Awwwww..... :happyjump: So much better.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Elessar wrote:Ow. Agony. Ow.

*Pills*

Awwwww..... :happyjump: So much better.
It has been two days, so better days ahead.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Yeah I was good until this afternoon when I went to inspect my holes in the mirror and finding that the tissue had all sort of collapsed in on itself I tried to pull my cheek open a little to see how big the hole was when I apparently tore some connective tissue or opened air to somethin that didn't want air, but OWWWWWWWWWWWW! God it hurt bad for like 10 minutes before it settled down.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “General Chat”