Hufflepuff
13%
Slytherin
19%

Total votes: 16

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Which Hogwarts house do you belong to?

Postby Asso » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Linda wrote:And Asso, why am I not surprised they put you in with the Humans? :lol: :thumbsup:

You are not? :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I always felt different, LOL. Especially when I bled green when I broke a glass. Hmm...but, but, but, NO! Not Romulan! No way. :wtf: I completely deny that! :tsktsk:

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 pm

To be honest, despite my Snape fascination, I wasn't really surprised I got into Ravenclaw. That's what I expected before even taking the tests. And another is that I get to be in the house with the lovely Cho Chang.

Linda wrote:Linda's sorting hat :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
Gryffindor - Humans
Hufflepuff - Betazoids, Ferengi, Tellarites, and garden variety aliens
Ravenclaw - Vulcans
Sylthern - Romulans, Klingons, Jem H'Dar

Hahah! That's great! :lol: :thumbsup:

And then there's the Xindi Sorting Hat:
Gryffindor - Xindi Humanoid
Hufflepuff - Xindi Arboreal
Ravenclaw - Xindi Aquatic
Slytherin - Xindi Reptilian and Insectoid

And I always thought Hermione belonged in Ravenclaw :dunno:

Yeah, me too. And Ron would be more of a Hufflepuff, together with Neville Longbottom.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 pm

You are right about Ron and Neville. And I just don't see Hermione marrying Ron. Their personalities do not seem that complementary. I think she would have gone for that guy from the French school. Oh, and I disliked that Harry's owl got killed off right away in the last book. :( Birds are good people. My parrot tells me so every day. :lol:

Your Xindi sorter is spot on. :thumbsup:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Argh! No spoilers for the last book, please! I haven't gotten that far yet! :shock:

I've seen movies 1-6, and I've read books 1-4.

As for who's hooking up with who, well, I understand that Happy Potter fandom has its own "shipper wars". There are Ron/Hermione and Harry/Hermione and I must say I don't care for the non-canon Harry/Hermione. It reminds me of AinT.

As for Ron/Hermione, well I accept it, but as you say, they're too different, and not in the good way. She needs a more intellectual partner, like a Ravenclaw, like Kevin Thom... oops! :oops: Never mind!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 am

LOL.

I don't think she needs intellectual, but I would've voted for Harry, eventually. I never could quite see what she saw in Ron that would make for a lasting relationship.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 am

Nah! Harry and Ginny are kinda cute. (Unless of course she dies in the last book, in which case don't tell me!)

While we're on the subject of HP shipping, I couldn't help noticing the disturbing amount of crack ships while looking at the kind of fanfics, especially the NC-17 kind, it has generated. And i say disturbing because we're mostly talking about characters that for a long time were underage. For example I've seen Hagrid/Hermione, Harry/Draco and Ginny/Pansy... :wtf: :upchuck:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:19 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:Nah! Harry and Ginny are kinda cute. (Unless of course she dies in the last book, in which case don't tell me!)

While we're on the subject of HP shipping, I couldn't help noticing the disturbing amount of crack ships while looking at the kind of fanfics, especially the NC-17 kind, it has generated. And i say disturbing because we're mostly talking about characters that for a long time were underage. For example I've seen Hagrid/Hermione, Harry/Draco and Ginny/Pansy... :wtf: :upchuck:

I haven't read any HP fics and I don't want to, but I have noticed that variety (because a fair number of HP people seem to migrate to STE eventually and I often do peek at people's profiles).

But there really is almost as much variety with us, only thankfully without the element of pedophilia being possible. God knows Reed/Tucker and Archer/Tucker and Hoshi/T'Pol slash can readily be found. The only character who never seems to generate slash that I've noticed is Phlox. Apparently he grosses EVERYBODY out.

Porthos too. Thank God.
Image.Image

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:43 am

Alelou, you aren't looking hard enough.

I hate Slash and Pedophilia crap but it exists.

Come to that I hate all of the T-Pol with, Archer, Reed, Travis, Phlox and God knows who else.
Don't these people have any other hobbies? Haven't they seen the Series Episodes? Trip always.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:43 am

I'm not a huge fan, but I read all the books. Stopped seeing the films after the third one. I remember being alarmed by some of the more explicit HP fics that were around when the actors and characters were very underage. You know Snape/Harry, Sirius/Harry and/or Sirius/Hermione. Slash-y fics don't bug, they are what they are. But the may/december underage/of age thing bugs whether it is gay or straight.

On the other hand, the setting of a British public boarding school - which Hogwarts is - just cries out for all manner of slash and pervy-ness. In the immortal words of of Stephen Colbert: "Not gay, Jon. Aristocratic!"

Again, not a big fan and I recognized that it was going to be Ginny/Harry from the second book. But I still shipped Harry/Luna against all odds.

I hope if Rowling dips her toe into the Potter-verse again, it will be to give us the adventures of Luna.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:47 am

LOL. I really wouldn't have minded Harry/Luna either. I did wonder if she was going for that for awhile.
Image.Image

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 am

Never became a PotterHead. I've seen most of the movies and I liked them, but they didn't inspire me to ship any of the pairings or read the books. :dunno: Guess I'm defective.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 pm

The books are much funnier and richer than the movies, IMHO. (Possible exception would be Prisoner of Azkaban -- I think great direction actually added something rich to the mix in that one.) But you are not defective. Literary adults with sophisticated taste are not supposed to love Harry Potter.

But I do. :)
Image.Image

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:14 pm

You are NOT defective, Aquarius! You just have not gotten around to the books yet. You have a busy life and can't get around to everything. When I see all the things there are to do, all the books there are to read, I get depressingly overwelmed. Guess that means I can never get bored! And that is a good thing.

Sorry about the plot revelation, KTR!

Yeah Ginny/Harry is fine with me. As for the very strange combos, well, it would be interesting to see if the writers can justify them. But I probably won't get around to them anyway with all the other more interesting things I can find to read. :neutral:

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Having only read the first four books (and I've just started on the fifth), I can only speak of them. I think they improved successively. The first and second were rather simple, but then again, the characters weren't that old and they were much thinner (the books, I mean). Maybe Rowling's writing improved or maybe I'm just getting used to her style.

But one thing still bugs me, and that's the expository monologues, often by the bad guys, that goes on page after page to explain things. That, and the fact that most of the things Harry learns is by eavesdropping and overhearing conversations.

The movies I like best are The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Order of the Phoenix. The latest one - The Half-blood Prince felt very choppy, and while I haven't read the book yet, I'm guessing a whole lot got tossed out.

Harry and Loony Lovegood... Hm, that would have been interesting. :lol:

Return to “General Chat”