RIP Mr. Boo

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

RIP Mr. Boo

Postby honeybee » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Aquarius lost her beloved cat Mr. Boo on Friday.

I thought it deserved a condolence thread. Send your good thoughts to Aquarius.

Pets are a gift to people for a short time, alas, but you gave Mr. Boo a great life, Aquarius.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: RIP Mr. Boo

Postby Aquarius » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:24 pm

Thank you, Honeybee.

I posted a few good pics in the upsetting news thread, but I'll put some different ones here.

Whenever I sat down to watch TV, Boo always wanted to be in my lap, something like this:

So I always had to be on the couch, or have my feet up on a stool, so he could stretch out.

One of the things we ALWAYS watched together is CSI. Everyone knows the theme song is "Who Are You" by the Who, right? Well, because Boo was ALWAYS on my lap, my ex would start singing it "Boo On You" whenever it came on.

On our way to the vet on Friday, I had no idea we were going to put him down; our appointment was for a blood test. I mean, I knew it was coming soon, I just didn't know I would't be taking him home TODAY, you know? So I put his carrier on the passenger seat, I start the car and the classic rock station is on, and what's starting, but "Who Are You". It's kind of a long song, so it actually played all the way through until we got to the vet--it was literally ending as I turned the ignition off--and I sang "Boo On You" to him the entire way.

So serendipity works in strange ways, because the last song he ever heard was HIS song.

Here are a couple more pics.

He loved to steal my water:

And another good close-up:

And nesting in the ex's jacket:

Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm sorry, Aquarius. It is awfully sweet the way that song worked out, though.

Mr. Boo looks an awful lot like our Ricardo (right down to the stealing water part).
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, Aquarius! :(
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Please accept my condolences, Aquarius. I know just how devastating a loss it can be.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Aquarious my condolances . I'm so sorry about Mr. Boo he looks like my sister's cat Percy.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm very displeased, Aquarius.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Thank you, everyone. It's been difficult. I'm trying.

Boo and Elvis weren't particularly "close", but so far Elvis doesn't seem to enjoy being the only cat. He's been especially needy and clingy the last couple of days. At first I was determined not to get another cat, as Elvis will soon be 17 years old and has been diagnosed with renal failure, and doesn't need the stress of a new face being introduced into the house...but then being lonely is stressful, too, so if he doesn't adjust after what seems to be a reasonable amount of time, we may need to re-think the "no new cats" thing.

Yesterday I took on the difficult task of packing up Mr. Boo's food for donation. Elvis is on a prescription diet, so he couldn't eat what we were feeding Boo. One of my employers has a friend who runs a horse rescue about an hour north of here, and when three shelters in her area were closing their doors and about to euthanize all the animals they were taking care of, she adopted as many as she could, with the idea she would continue to adopt them out. But it's expensive and she needs help, so I donated nearly four cases of food to her rescue. Mr. Boo was a stray in my old neighborhood when I took him in. He caught a break, so I'm sure he'd be happy that his food is going to help other kitties catch a break, too.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:46 pm

I am a little late, but I like to offer my sympathies, Aquarius. Losing a loved one, and your pet was loved, is always difficult. I never had any pet in my life, but through all the stories I heard about mr. Boo and pictures I saw he became a cat I knew and I feel sorry for his loss and for you for his loss. Take care of yourself and know we are thinking of you. :hug:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Many of us who have also lost pets can empathize with the hole it leaves in your life. I hope you feel better soon.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Mr Boo is not gone he is just with you in a different way. You will know he is around in your Heart.

My condolences.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:47 pm

Mr. Boo sure had a great life with you Aquarius! He is in no pain now. You must miss him so much right now. Here's a hug.... :hug: :kiss: (He looks like my boy Mwnci.)

Our dear cat Poor Boy died last year at the age of 18, and Aureilia often says (and this is her own invention, btw) "Poor Boy is still here with us, but we just don't have the right kind of eyes to see him." She came up with this after we talked about how bugs and dogs and people and birds all see differently.

So he's still with you. You just don't have the right kind of eyes to see him. :hug:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:03 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Aquarius. It's clear how much you loved Mr. Boo, and you gave him a great life. :hug:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:49 pm

Thank you very much, everyone. Yes, I love him lots.

Spent part of the day looking at urns. I've mostly decided on this one.

auroraborealis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby auroraborealis » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 am

I know I generally never comment on anything personal. But I would be complely devastated if anything happened to my cat, so I'm really sorry.

Return to “General Chat”