Triaxian Silk's Google EarthMapper

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

mjimeyg
Site Admin

Re: Triaxian Silk's Google EarthMapper

Postby mjimeyg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Greetings all!

Those of you have been around long enough to remember will know that I created an add-on for the site that allowed us to see where we got visitors from on the map based on cities.

I have updated this add-on so that we can now opt to show ourselves individually on the map, simply go to your User Control Panel and make sure the option for the 'Show On Map' box is checked and click submit or save changes.

Provided your friends have clicked the button as well, you should be able to see them as well.

If you click the option and allow people to you when you are online then we should all be able to see that on the map as well.

Remember, the whole thing is optional so if you don't want to be identified on the map, just don't check the button.

It is also available on the front page as well.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I have three questions:

1/ Is it supposed to be 'deselected' by default? It defaulted to 'selected' for me. :?
2/ How can a tickbox be a '* required field'? :roll: :D
3/ How/where do I see it? I can't seem to find it. :(

mjimeyg
Site Admin

Postby mjimeyg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Cogito wrote:Sounds like an interesting idea, but I have three questions:

1/ Is it supposed to be 'deselected' by default? It defaulted to 'selected' for me. :?
2/ How can a tickbox be a '* required field'? :roll: :D
3/ How/where do I see it? I can't seem to find it. :(

1/ Not sure why had that set as defaulted to selected. :dunno:
2/ I thought it would require it at registration... it wasn't supposed to affect the standard User Control Panel, I changed it. :banghead:
3/ I assume you mean you can't see the map? If you can't see the map further up this page in my other post today then you need to download the Google Earth Plugin. If you can and are talking about the one on the front page, it did vanish for a bit but I have fixed it now. :thumbsup:

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:00 pm

It's just appeared out of nowhere. How cool is that?

"Billy no mates" here doesn't see any names but I can see pins all round the world. Including a most intriguing one in Hollywood. Hmmm ... where does Jolene live these days? :wishful-thinking-smiley:

By the way, when you say "require it at registration" I am not sure you got my point. How could a tickbox be a 'required field' at any time?

mjimeyg
Site Admin

Postby mjimeyg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Cogito wrote:It's just appeared out of nowhere. How cool is that?

"Billy no mates" here doesn't see any names but I can see pins all round the world. Including a most intriguing one in Hollywood. Hmmm ... where does Jolene live these days? :wishful-thinking-smiley:

By the way, when you say "require it at registration" I am not sure you got my point. How could a tickbox be a 'required field' at any time?

No, I got you, but the description for the check box when I made it said it would be shown at registration... by unchecking the 'required' box it won't show up when people register.

There is a row of radio buttons above the map. Standard, Users, Friends and Online. So far only three of us have clicked the button to activate us on the map but if you click Users you can see us. You and I are fellow Brits it seems!

Return to “General Chat”