Stargate Universe, anyone?

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: Stargate Universe, anyone?

Postby Elessar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:23 pm

I've liked it a lot too but I think I'm behind a few....

I like Rush too... but I think I might like Greer the most. Obviously he's an enlisted Marine 8) but I think I like him most because, as a guy who was basically in the brig to be court martialed before all this happened, he's got a completely free leash from a writing perspective. He feels like he's got nothing to lose almost, except perhaps for Colonel Young's respect.

I also really like the IOA chick (the asian lady) because they've done some interesting things with her character to make her a lot more interesting than any other IOA person or non-stargate-personnel-civilian.

I've heard talks about this crossover for awhile but with MGM studios going bankrupt (cancelling Bond 23) and selling off its profitable assets, I'm not optimistic.

If they DO involve Atlantis and the city takes off to go after the Destiny or something, I REALLY hope they just pull a complete deus ex machina and bring back Dr. Weir because I don't think I can stand to have Richard Woolsey in charge of that damn city -one-more-day-
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Is Stargate's Destiny Turning Into The Love Boat?
Romance will be a part of a shaky new Lucian Alliance, er, alliance
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:31 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Dammit! I was liking this show! :evil:

Syfy cancels Stargate Universe after two seasons

Oh well, it frees me up to watch the 10 seasons of SG:1 that I got today.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:20 pm

I do wonder at the time-poverty /re/ dvd's "I gotta get through these" syndrome of today's day and age. You only have so many dvd-watching hours in life: and *which* shows are you going to CHOOSE?! I can see it being a real issue for some people out there in the world. Not KTR, of course. Other people. ;)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 pm

It actually is a big issue for me. I have a huge pile of DVDs I haven't watched yet (even if I might have seen the contents before, in other venues). And yet I still keep buying them... :roll:

What I need is a decade or so of absolutely no current watchable TV shows. Or a few years of unemployment. Then I might catch up.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:16 am

MGM Brings Stargate Movie Franchise To An End

Also, definite "no" on renewal of SGU.

Looks like this is the end of the Stargate franchise.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! CRAP! <sniffles> I am heart broken totally and completely heart broken. I don't care about SGU so much, Although I'll watch it eventually, but I was counting on those movies! I think I'm gonna go cry now, (not kidding). :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:31 am

:patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat:
:patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat: :patpat:

all better now.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:52 pm

I'll be better when SYFY tells MGM that they want those two movies. But thanks.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “General Chat”