What are you...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby justTripn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Daddy complexes are not healthy. Besides not even Chakotay would have the guts to tell B'Elanna "you've been spitting venom for days and frankly it's getting boring," I like a relationship where it's okay to get in each other's faces when you see something wrong and go, "hey I love you I'm here now cut it out!"

I saw Chakotay grab B'Elanna by the arm and tell her something. Wish I could remember what it was, lol . . Point is, yes he would and did say something like that. Remember when B'Elanna got depressed and had a death wish after learning all her Maqui friends had been killed? It was Chakotay who saved her, or tried. Tom Paris couldn't do anything for her. She was too stubborn.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:06 pm

justTripn wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:Daddy complexes are not healthy. Besides not even Chakotay would have the guts to tell B'Elanna "you've been spitting venom for days and frankly it's getting boring," I like a relationship where it's okay to get in each other's faces when you see something wrong and go, "hey I love you I'm here now cut it out!"

I saw Chakotay grab B'Elanna by the arm and tell her something. Wish I could remember what it was, lol . . Point is, yes he would and did say something like that. Remember when B'Elanna got depressed and had a death wish after learning all her Maqui friends had been killed? It was Chakotay who saved her, or tried. Tom Paris couldn't do anything for her. She was too stubborn.

Thanks for pointing that out, that was the "Extreme Risk" episode. Although he did somewhat the same thing in calming her down in the "Parallax" episode too when she broke the nose of the guy Janeway had as a Cheif Engineer before Chakotay got B'Elanna her job as their Chief Engineer.
Last edited by marchale on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Very true. But again Chakotay acted like a father. She would get out of line and he would repremand her as 2IC and as a paternal figure. And yes he did make the final push to help her break through her depression. But those were usually extreme cases. For the most part when it was just "the klingon" moods getting the better of her he never really pushed any. He'd glare, she'd go quiet and steam.

Tom challenged her. He gave as good as he got. He never gave her a "shut up and behave" glare. He let her vent.

There's a great song called Be That Way, by Martina McBride. It's perfect, for them.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:47 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Very true. But again Chakotay acted like a father. She would get out of line and he would repremand her as 2IC and as a paternal figure. And yes he did make the final push to help her break through her depression. But those were usually extreme cases. For the most part when it was just "the klingon" moods getting the better of her he never really pushed any. He'd glare, she'd go quiet and steam.

Tom challenged her. He gave as good as he got. He never gave her a "shut up and behave" glare. He let her vent.

There's a great song called Be That Way, by Martina McBride. It's perfect, for them.

Well, I don't want to argue with you here, but as a fan of C/T, I don't see it as "fatherly" a relationship as you obviously do. Granted, Chakotay is somewhat older than B'Elanna (I thought maybe by 10 or 15 years, not the 20+ years you must think it is), I thought they were the closest of friends on Voyager, not a father-daughter type of thing. But I think maybe the reason I thought that (outside of the fact that I think they made a cute couple together) was partly because I read in Jeri Taylor's book "Pathways" (which dealt with the lives of several characters before they came on board Voyager) how B'Elanna used to secretly lust after Chakotay back when they were on board The Liberty and that she used to fantasize about how he'd come into her quarters late at night to make love to her instead of her best friend at the time, Seska; that's back when Chakotay was involved with Seska (way before it was discovered that Seska was actually a Cardassian spy). Anyway, in the "Persistance Of Vision" episode of Voyager, B'Elanna was a little shaken up by the fact that she still had lust in her heart towards Chakotay even after she got involved with Tom, as witnessed by them going at it in bed almost as "lustily" as Trip & T'Pol did in that shower scene from Damage. Anyway, between the "unrequited lust" B'Elanna had towards Chakotay in Jeri Taylor's book and all that passionate kissing and "damn near ready to start doing it" between Chakotay and B'Elanna in the "Persistance Of Vision" episode of Voyager - ahh, I think their relationship was more best friends (after Seska betrayed them both) instead of a "fatherly" type thing; as that sounds like a pretty sicko way to feel towards someone a person would veiw as a "father figure", hence - I don't think Chakotay was as old as you do, nor that her feelings towards him were as platonic as you seem to think they were either.
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Never cared for Chakoty. Certainly not paired with Torres. Paris and Torres were great together.Chakoty really would not have been a good pairing with anyone on board not even Janeway.

Chakoty and 7 of 9 was even wose.

Sorry

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Never cared for Chakoty. Certainly not paired with Torres. Paris and Torres were great together.Chakoty really would not have been a good pairing with anyone on board not even Janeway.

Chakoty and 7 of 9 was even wose.

Sorry

SB

Well, to each their own. Personally, I never cared for Janeway at all, especially not when they had her so called "action Janeway" type character trying to emasculate Chakotay and trying to turn him into her little lap puppy or something. Naw, I think Chakotay was a casualty in their trying to show how much "balls" Janeway had there. And that was really a shame in my opinion because initially in the earlier seasons (especially the first two), TPTB actually let Chakotay show some guts; and too, as a C/Ter, I was disappointed they had him pining after a broad I really didn't like when I would've much preferred to see him and B'Elanna get together after Seska turned out to be a Cardassian spy. So, you think C/7 was even worse, eh? Ahh, I'm not really a fan of C/7 either - although I laughed like hell when they got together because I thought, well good - it's not the C/T pairing I would've preferred, but at least that's what Janeway deserved for ignoring him for all those years; and for treating him like her little lap puppy; that was a real waste of what could've been a great character (like he was to begin with in the earlier Voyager episodes).
Last edited by marchale on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:24 pm

I was just going to say that Chakotay was captain of the Maqui ship, so I don't think he was being a "daddy" with regard to B'lanna. Rather he felt responsibility towards her as her former captain and she would have looked up to him as her former captain reason, while they were also comarades.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Can I quote the posts in the VOY threads? Because it's reall more appropriate there, and Marchale has the wrong idea about how I view B'Elanna's feelings about Chakotay.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Can I quote the posts in the VOY threads? Because it's reall more appropriate there, and Marchale has the wrong idea about how I view B'Elanna's feelings about Chakotay.

Well, it's fine with me if you want to do that, hon - and I apologize if I misunderstood you; like I said earlier, I wasn't trying to argue with you here at all - I'm sure the vast majority of Voyager fans are very glad B'Elanna and Tom got together instead of her with Chakotay. To each their own, right?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 am

To continue this awesome conversation click here... viewtopic.php?f=3&p=88121

Fics

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Got myself a mobile internet connection via USB 3.5G stick today because my cable went dead yesterday and the ISP tech support says it should be okay but are sending a technician tomorrow to check it out. Since I can't function without internet I got a mobile connection with a 6Mbit/s download speed for 11.95€ a month. It's 2Mbit/s faster then my cable connection and costs about the same. The plus side is that it basically works anywhere in Estonia as long there is a mobile phone signal.
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Entilzha wrote:Got myself a mobile internet connection via USB 3.5G stick today because my cable went dead yesterday and the ISP tech support says it should be okay but are sending a technician tomorrow to check it out. Since I can't function without internet I got a mobile connection with a 6Mbit/s download speed for 11.95€ a month. It's 2Mbit/s faster then my cable connection and costs about the same. The plus side is that it basically works anywhere in Estonia as long there is a mobile phone signal.

I just can't get my head around these figures. Only a few years ago I was counting myself lucky to get 9600 bits per second over GSM and that was after compression. These days with HSxPA they're quoting speeds of up to 20 megabits, and that's with a fraction of the power of WiFi and over far greater distances. Even after they've upgraded us to fibre-to-the-curb I'm not going to get 20 megabits. It's really quite extraordinary.

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:58 am

I know what you mean. I still think there's black magic involved just getting 8 gig of memory crammed into one of those little USB sticks. I'm afraid someday the magic will fail and the stick, under incredible pressure from all that data, will explode and I'll be killed by flying bits of information. Sharp fragments from mp3s, jagged pieces of jpegs, twisted sections of programs and text documents... It could be ugly!
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 am

You tech geeks are very scary. :lol:

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:29 am

Reading? Here's a clue:
Pulling the communicator from her belt, she activated it.

“Reed here,” came the reply. The Lieutenant sounded like he was out of breath… and running perhaps?

“We require your assistance immediately in the Council chamber, Lieutenant. You will need to force your way through the doors…”

An explosion rocked the main entrance doors off their hinges, and Malcolm stepped through, covered in dust.

“…They are locked,” finished T’Pol somewhat ironically.

I can't help but chuckle every time I read that bit. :guffaw:

Return to “General Chat”