Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

What are you...

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu May 17, 2007 7:47 pm

Watching?
The only thing I'm watching on network television is Heroes, and I can't recommend that show enough, especially if you're a comic book nerd like I am. The Trek references alone are worth the price of admission.

I'm also watching The Tudors over on Showtime which is basically a dramatic telling of Henry VIII's life as he tries to get a divorce from his wife Catherine so he can marry Anne Boleyn. It's not bad, although I've already noticed some historical inaccuracies. Compared to HBO's Rome which ended a couple of months ago, however, it's severely lacking. Yeah, Rome was also historically inaccurate at times, but it was always riveting to watch.

Reading?
Nothing right now. Sad

Listening to?
The 300 soundtrack and the Halo 2 soundtrack. Woot.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: What are you...

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu May 17, 2007 8:03 pm

oooo, fun!

Watching?
You may say WTF? but lately it's been "Boy Meets World" - the only funny teenie-bopper show out there.

Reading?
"Consequences" by Samantha Quinn.

Listening to?
My own singing voice, some Phantom of the Opera song...
Last edited by CoffeeCat on Thu May 17, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writing as TrekPyro.

hth2k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby hth2k » Thu May 17, 2007 8:09 pm

Watching?
Nothing. I rarely watch TV any longer. Customers sometimes bring in DVDs to watch at the shop. Last few were Chinese and Korean Kung FU stuff. Liked Iron Monkey and Kung Fu Hustle.

Reading?
How to set up Quickbooks for small business. Also trying to set up a spreadsheet on this computa for the inventory.

Listening to?
KKSF jazz, Giants baseball games on the way home in the evenings.

HtH

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu May 17, 2007 8:52 pm

Watching: Crossing Jordan and Bones. Also my new DVDs of the first season of the original Outer Limits

Reading: Flora Segunda on the recommendation of my friend C. ("Ev, 40 Eridani doesn't have any planets, and any aliens we encounter will not be humanoids with bumpy faces.") And the Temeraire novels by Naomi Novik. I'm about halfway through The Throne of Jade.

Listening: Last night I got to see Loreena McKenneitt live. Yowsa. I think the last CD I bought was All The Roadrunning - Emmylou Harris
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Thu May 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Watching?

Reruns of old shows I used to watch (when I actually have time to watch TV) and Kim Possible. Though that will change starting next month, when first The 4400 returns for its 4th season, and then in July when Eureka and Doctor Who return to Sci Fi.

Reading?

Haven't got time to read much of anything at the moment.

Listening to?

Uh, whatever's on my ipod. Usually during bingo (which is tonight) I listen to one of the Star Wars soundtracks (either Star Wars or The Empire Strikes Back, for the most part), some songs from Titanic: A New Musical and The Producers, and either The Incredibles or Kim Possible soundtrack. Along with assorted songs by Bon Jovi, Firehouse, etc. And music videos by [b]hoshissis[/i] and Ligeia...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu May 17, 2007 9:25 pm

What I'm watching Astromomy programs during science week on Discovery channel. And reruns of Enterprise on Sci-fi. New programs of Stargate sg1 and Atlantis otherwise I hardly watch tv anymore. Or my dvd collection. Reading a book about the how Hubble Space telescope was built and how they came upwith the different technology for the different shuttle crews to repair it and their next mission in 2008.Music assorted groups ColdPlay, U2 ,too name a few.When I've got the time right now I'm really busy so i don't have alot of time to do these things.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu May 17, 2007 9:38 pm

Watching?

CSI, Heroes, old reruns of "The Addams Family" (my eight year old's current obsession), SG and SG-A, and "Ninja Warrior", a subtitled Japanese reality show where contestants run this really sadistically impossible obstacle course. It's fun!

Reading?

Family Practice Essentials Home Study Monograph # 334, "Puzzling Physical Conditions"

Sigh.

I've got about 30 novels stacked by my bed that I plan to get to eventually when the writing bug stops biting me, though.

Listening to?

"Planet Radio 102.6 FM"... Linkin Park, AFI, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus... and lots of other very loud and obnoxiously harsh, moderately tuneless bands my 14 y.o. daughter insists on listening to when she's in the car. When she's not in the car I have a choice between blessed silence and a CD seminar I bought about "Servant Leadership", all about how to love your employees into doing what you want them to do. Riiight. Rolling Eyes
Image sig by chrisis1033

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Thu May 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Watching?

Local evening news. Late night talk shows sometimes. Once in a while I watch whatever my son or my wife happen to have on if I am in the room while I am working on something else.

Reading?

The Noble Dead series by Barb & JC Hendee, and the Borderkind series (pure escapist trash but relaxing) by Christopher Golden. Plus as much new fan fic as I can scrounge.

Listening?

Random selection of classic rock, country, easy listening, soft jazz, Spongebob Squarepants album whenever *someone* gets hold of the computer.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu May 17, 2007 9:56 pm

Watching: CSI, Numb3rs, Lost, Grey's Anatomy (online); South Park (download). Already done watching all the current seasons of SG-1 and SGA Twisted Evil

Reading: posts Confused stupid frelling dyslexia Crying or Very sad

Listening to: slamming doors, extremely loud drunk party people
ImageImage

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri May 18, 2007 12:18 am

Watching?
Nothing new that's on TV except the first season of the new Doctor Who (we're a bit behind in Sweden). I watch daily reruns of SG-1 (a show I'm now watching for the first time) and Third Watch.
Otherwise I watch my extensive DVD collection. I'm now enjoying the 30 year-old British drama Secret Army.

Reading?
I read a few books at the same time - Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel, George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice books, a biography of Charles de Gaulle by a former Swedish correspondet to France and The Vulcan Academy Murders by Jean Lorrah. I've been meaning to start with TGTMD but I want to finish at least the Trek book before I do that.

Listening to?
At this very moment some soundtrack from Buffy.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri May 18, 2007 12:21 am

Distracted wrote:old reruns of "The Addams Family" (my eight year old's current obsession)

Oooh, I loved that show as a kid. Smile I could never get into the later movies. They're just not the same!

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri May 18, 2007 12:30 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
Distracted wrote:old reruns of "The Addams Family" (my eight year old's current obsession)

Oooh, I loved that show as a kid. Smile I could never get into the later movies. They're just not the same!

So the movies came later?? Dude I've always thought the show was based on those old Addams Family films Confused guess it was reruns Laughing
ImageImage

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri May 18, 2007 12:46 am

T'Poptarts wrote:
Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:

So the movies came later?? Dude I've always thought the show was based on those old Addams Family films Confused guess it was reruns Laughing

Um, the old show was in black-and-white, whereas the movies are in colour. Of course the TV show came first.

Unless of course there is another, newer, TV show that I know nothing about!? Confused

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri May 18, 2007 12:53 am

Well I didn't really like "watch" the show it was just on sometimes when my sister watched it, so I don't really remember whether it was color or B&W. Never watched any of the movies either. But then again the Addams Family is black and white even in color Confused
ImageImage

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri May 18, 2007 1:29 am

^ The Addams Family show I'm talking about is this one from 1964 --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057729/

I just found on imdb.com that there is a modern cartoon version from 1992 (one that I've never heard about): --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0222517/ It's probably this one that Dis's 8-year old is watching.

Return to “General Chat”