What are you...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Re: What are you...

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:49 pm

so, I have three cats. the boy cat we've had about 10 years now and the other two we've gotten, well, in the last two. The boy cat does not get along with the new additions, despite everyone being spayed/neuterd, and has to live outside. He used to get the garage at night, but after the possum situation, he's in our (nice, fenced in) back yard. with an igloo doghouse that I actually was able to climb in and out of when putting it togther. So it doubles as an AA-house, I suppose.

That being said, I've just finished installing a doggy door on his igloo and his heated water bowl, 'cause it's been so cold that everything's freezing through. OH, he already has a heated pad in the igloo too... nearly froze trying to tighten the screws holding the door on. *shakes head* it should not get this cold. ever.

but oh well. the next disc of VOY arrived today, so, go me.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:04 pm

justTripn wrote:It's snowing there Distracted? :shock: So Aikiweezie, what is Chicago Code? A movie? Yes, it sounds like a very cool job. You are getting alot of work too. I remember when I had my boys signed up as models. Nothing much came of it except Chris like as a first grader did a photo shoot with Jerome Bettis, beloved Pittsburgh football player way back in the day. I remember lots and lots of tryouts leading nowhere. You seem to be doing pretty well in this job! :thumbsup:

"The Chicago Code" is a cop show (original working title was "Ride Along") filming in Chicago that will premiere in February on Fox. Monday nights. I worked 7 of 12 episiodes in various roles; Lawyer, news crew, neighbor, evacuee, banquet guest, starting in episode 4.

Yesterday I worked a 14 hour day. All at Chicago City Hall, several hours of it outside. Brrrr. The last scene, which was with all the major stars, Jennifer Beals, Delroy Lindo, Jason Clark and Matt Lauria was INTENSE. Jason Clark SHOVED, and I mean SHOVED, this guy who was playing a camera man into me three seperate times, knockling me down. :-X The third time this guy stepped on me and I have bruises on my leg and foot. Thanks a lot, Jason!

I hope this show gets picked up for another season. Despite getting manhandled, I like the work, I like the people and the ocassional pay check is nice too. And I might get to be on TV!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:27 pm

I saw the preview last night! Looks pretty intense. I'll give it a try, I hope to see you Aikiweezie!

What am I doing? Still copying dialogue for my KOTOR fic. Starting page 24, and still not off the first planet. :roll: This is a very unhealthy fandom. But I love it so much.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:47 am

The other day in the shower it suddenly occurred to me that if I want to teach Shakespeare in my lit class next semester I don't HAVE to teach Othello just because it's in the text, because frankly I just don't care for that one (and as a consequence don't teach any Shakespeare at all, except for a couple of poems). So why not The Tempest, one of my favorites? Especially since it's in the public domain so I can just print up the copies we need. And today I see there's a new movie coming out this week with Helen Mirren as Prospera (yeah, it's a sex change).

And if I do it early in the semester, I'll scare the lazy twits who aren't going to stick the class anyway off early, saving all of us time and trouble.

I'm taking this as a sign. I think. Anyway, I have time to mull it over.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:53 am

I loved Othello in my freshman lit class! Granted my professor was an absolute dream come true, I got to read Desdemona and let my inner actress out, and was the only person in my entire class to know that "topping your white ewe" was code for sex; but I gotta say, if you really don't like it, don't do it. There is nothing worse than being stuck with a teacher that hates what they're teaching.

Now I must finish dinner, quick clean up, and back to writing KOTOR fic. I am a busy woman!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:18 am

Don't hate it, just don't find it particularly enjoyable. I don't think it's a lot of fun teaching tragedies to people who already think they hate Shakespeare. Romeo and Juliet at least has hot forbidden teenage love to keep it exciting. The Tempest is the kind of fun, sexy, adventurous play that can actually convert students to Shakespeare.

As Colbert put it when he interviewed the director of the new movie, "It's Lost meets Harry Potter."
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:21 am

I find it disturbing that I didn't know a Helen Mirren Shakespeare movie coming out and I didn't know it. She's one of my favorites, and I pretty much love all of Shakespeare

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:31 am

oooh, The Tempest, definitely. Or Hamlet, if you have to do a tragedy... and then you could make them read Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead (and, by asociation, Waiting for Godot)....

Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead is one of my fav plays. Ever.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:32 am

My mom's too!

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:43 am

well, I went to another xmas party today. Now I have the lines: "We come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow," and "Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover," from Led Zepplin's "Immigrant song" and Men at Work's "Land Down Under" respectively stuck in my head. I do not know why. neither were played at the party, nor in the car ride home. It's very odd, especially since my mind is trying to mash them together into one song...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:46 am

Hmm... IDK. Almost done transcribing the first two conversations with Bastila Shan... Princess Priss talkes a lot!

Fics

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:02 am

Watching: Dragon Ball Z :D
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:09 am

Ah finally off Taris! Okay so total number of pages transcribed by hand 30 and 1/4. And it was strictly character stuff. None of the dialouge was for quests required to complete the game. And minus all the random people talking to you as well. Now I need to give my hand a break and actually use this stuff to write the begining of my epic, or should I say re-write the begining of my epic... Oh boy! :wtf:

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:25 pm

aadarshinah wrote:oooh, The Tempest, definitely. Or Hamlet, if you have to do a tragedy... and then you could make them read Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead (and, by asociation, Waiting for Godot)....

Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead is one of my fav plays. Ever.

Yeah, I do love Hamlet enough to maybe carry it off (or get really annoyed that they DON'T love it), but Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead won't be in the public domain and it isn't in the text. These guys already have to pay enough for their textbooks. I do love that one, too, though.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Hamlet is one of the few I personally don't love. So, it would definitely be a challenge. But hey, who knows, you might be able to bring some people around. Do you have the option of teaching one of the comedies?

Fics

Return to “General Chat”