Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby evcake » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:24 am

A cruise? Alas, no. But I have joined the local Y. Swimming is boring without my fins.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm glad you joined the Y, Evcake. I started working at the local Y to suppliment my retirement income and though I only work part time, I get a free membership. I teach swimming classes for kids.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Ripped-est I ever got was at the Y. Stairclimber. Got down into the 120s and looked great (healthy great, not starved great). Then I got pregnant. :?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:43 am

just got back from the most amazing concert. ever. there were these 3 platforms that the musicans went up and down on at various points in the concert, and lasers, and reflective guitars and lights and the most amazing screen show thing... and, of course, great music. Can't hear for anything, and think my ear drums might even be bleeding internally, but oh well. it was great.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:53 am

who was it??
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:59 am

I thought the same. Youtube-link??
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:00 am

Metric played for a bit, but Muse was the main act. God, it was like... well, I don't know what it was like, only that it was so spectacularly spectacular that I'm still in happy post-concert bliss... (minus some annoyance at my mother, who was up waiting for us when we got home with a flimsy lie about studying for her CCNA, nevermind the concert was an hour away and she's normally in bed before it would have been over) but it was... I dunno. Music bliss?

edit: my brother had the camera, and he's not downloaded yet... god, midnight and have to be up tomorrow morning... still, better than the Jimmy Eat World concert last month (which was amazing too, but much more down to earth), which was 5hrs away on a school night, ending up with me getting 3hrs of sleep and having to drive him to school the next morning...

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:21 am

:evilmonkey:
Making an inventory for the movers.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Taking my pet parrot to the vet for a checkup today. He hasn't been to the vet in awhile and he is in the middle of his annual feather molt. This could be a very interesting day. :?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:29 pm

...doing?

Collapsing, because I just spent the better part of the morning putting together a "care package" for my dad, who's currently in Afganistan. And when I say "care package" I mean "list of demands, to be sent as soon as possible, preferably yesterday". Even tracking down the magazines he wanted involved going to the one bookstore in the county and pawing through their entire collection and then finding only half of what he wanted and guessing at what would make acceptable substitutes. Still ended up spending $45, at least, on magazines alone.

And don't even get me started on trying to mail the thing... I had to practically fight for a parking spot at the post office, which is insane 'cause my town has all of 2000 people, max, in it. I think it's cause they're getting ready for the trial for the guy who shot up one of the local nursinghomes about a year ago, though I'm not sure. All I know is it's been impossible to find a spot to park for weeks in town, which is insane...

le sigh.

...and I just realized that I forgot to pick up our mail while at the post office too... double sigh...

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 pm

that's really nice of you to do though, those guys really appreciate that stuff... I think it really breaks up the monotony and brings back a feeling of having a few coveted things from home!
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:17 pm

I hope everyone at TriS is getting out there and doing their civic chore today...you all know what I mean.

VOTE!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I did. It was busy. Here goes the pendulum again.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:02 pm

...doing?

Puting up Christmas decorations. Why? I'm not really sure. I despise Christmas, hate Christmas decorations, and think that the holiday should not be mentioned at all until the week after Thanksgiving. Yet I just finished putting up christmas decorations. Not a tree or anything, but I *did* dig through our stuff and find a wreath and the fake Charlie Brown Christmas Tree that was our only decoration last year....

I'm still not sure why I did this, other than I was kinda bored and think it might annoy my brother more than it'll annoy me. Great reason, I know.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:52 pm

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: Okay that's the best one I've ever heard.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “General Chat”