What are you...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What are you...

Postby Navigator » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 am

Distracted wrote:Okay. Who wants to contribute to the fund to send aadarshinah to wherever Rigil Kent is? (Or vice versa)

It's the TriS marriage broker service. For all your trekkie-nerd arranged marriage needs. :twisted:

You can put me down for $20 as long as you do the etouffee' for the reception. I'll even kick in for the beer too.

Rigil, doin' it just for you, bud. :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:41 am

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: Why is it that I'm not entirely certain that isn't a perfect idea?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:02 am

Distracted wrote:Okay. Who wants to contribute to the fund to send aadarshinah to wherever Rigil Kent is? (Or vice versa)

It's the TriS marriage broker service. For all your trekkie-nerd arranged marriage needs. :twisted:

I'm not even entirely sure what the proper response to this is. Er, thanks?

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:02 am

:lol: :lol: You're welcome.

Now I'm waiting for Rigil's response. :?

On second thought, I think I know what he'll say. He's always griping about my tendency to pair everyone off. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:16 am

But that's the reason you're a heck of a lot of fun Dis! :D What am I doing, going out of my mind with bordem and pain... Something's got to give folks, or I'll write a TnT Tarzan fic because I'll be as mad as a hatter and not in the GOOD way.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:28 am

...doing?

Trying to talk my brother out of using the temporary hair-colour spray (you know, the cheapo halloween stuff) on our cats.... If it was non-toxic though...

Distracted wrote:On second thought, I think I know what he'll say. He's always griping about my tendency to pair everyone off. ;-)

*shakes head* You're probably right. Still, 'twas a better idea than the last time someone tried to set me up. The guy turned out not only to be out of the country (Afganistan at the time) but 9 years older than me, married, and with two kids. Needless to say, it didn't go well.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh you poor thing! And I thought my grandmother... Actually I wish a few people in my life would take some inititive and try and set me up, they know me well enough. Dang it I keep reading posts wrong. Spray dye the CATS! Is he crazy, cats hold grudges, cats get even, you DO NOT spray dye a cat. I think I need glasses...

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:45 am

The sad part is, my brother wants the cats to hate him. I try to pet them, they walk away. He yells at them, chases them out of his room, ignores them, etc, and they end up always in his room, rubbing up against his legs while he plays his computer and meowing. Or rubbing against his controler as he plays Halow - which is hillarious to see, especially when it causes him to give away his postion in the game.

But, no. Be glad you don't have people like that in your life, WG. At my HS graduation, I was forced to interact with my grandparents. They saw my class ring and, rather than ooh-and-awing over it as you might expect, they asked me what I would do when I got married, as I was wearing the ring, naturally, on my ring finger... One of the many reasons I no longer talk to them.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 am

Oh my father's mother drove me nuts for years. But my Sister and two brothers and my mom... Them I trust. And I'm the oldest girl, and I'm sick of being single. I obviously have no judgement because I was in a relationship with the wrong guy twice! So I need help.

Why on earth would your brother want the cats to hate him? Doesn't he know that they'll chew on the cords of his gaming console, then no Halo... Men! Boys! Whatever you call them no common sense.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:06 am

The cords and stuff are mounted on the wall, where even they can't reach them. It's actually a pretty cool setup. He just wants the cats to leave him alone. One of them, I swear, is codepentant or something. Then again, we adopted her and her littermate early November '08 and had to put down her littlermate shortly after (turned out he was sick when we got him, there was nothing we could do) and she's not been quite right in the head since. Poor thing. Dreadfully annoying at times though. She's latched onto my brother and, no matter what he does, she won't leave him alone.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:13 am

I wish I found a way to keep my cat from the cords. It's her only flaw. She just ruined the very expensive set of computer speakers, the ex-boyfriend provided me with... Tell your brother to get a spray bottle, fill it with water, and when the cats annoy him, squirt them. It won't make them vengful and after a few days they get the message.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:51 am

...watching?

Bottle Shock, which is a surprisingly good movie about NAPA valley wines in the '70s with Chris Pine (with long hair), Allan Rickman, Eliza Duku, and a whole bunch of other random people in it. Worth the watch, even if, like me, you're not all that into wine.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:45 am

Doing? Taking my friend Yang back to the airport in about 2 hours and then driving back to Illlinois to begin the 3 day countdown to going to see Starwatcher in D.C. :)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Looking for my swim fins, believe it or not.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:59 pm

:vulcan:

It's almost November. Are you going on a cruise or something?

I'm jealous. I wanna have a reason to look for my swim fins!!!
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”