No votes

Total votes: 4

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

OLD SCHOOL NINTENDO

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 am

So, um, I downloaded all the old NIntendos (NES SNES NU64) and *all* the games.

:loveeyes: :loveeyes: :explode: :faint: :explode: :faint: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

Bought an $8 USB controller on eBay.

:loveeyes: :loveeyes: :explode: :faint: :explode: :faint: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

And I have been playing NES so much in the last few days I have turned into some type of official, 15-year-old, computer-science-lab-going, clearasil-sporting, star-trek-liking, Zelda-playing nerd, which I am at heart anyhow. :vulcan: :loveeyes: :roll: :raspberry: :wave:

Looky me go! :idea: I am so productive! :idea: I get so much done! :idea:

I .... oh wait. Scratch that last bit. :doubt:

:evilmonkey:
What are *your* favourite old-school nintendo games?

Mine are:
Super Mario Bros 1
Super Mario 2
Super Mario 3
^^ Ooh, I remember buying this one in 1990 and running home with it in my hot little hands. I was SO elated. I was SO setup for the next few weeks. I was 10. :lol:
Zelda
Duck Hunt

(^^ For a vegetarian, I am *very* good at this game. Hmmm. I wonder if eBay has that orange gun and some kind of usb doohicky to stick it to...)
A Boy and His Blob
World Class Track Meet
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Re: OLD SCHOOL NINTENDO

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm

I never got into Nintendo. Tried playing my cousin's once and was dreadful at it, so I stuck with my books.

But we had Frogger on our computer. Loved Frogger!

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:38 pm

I remember programming for the SNES about 5 years back. We needed to display text on a TV so I wrote a quick program that would take text in via a pin in the controller port then pull it up in white writing on screen. I think it was for a theater call system (i.e. so we could send messages backstage cos there was no audio link) I still truly hate assembly language to this day.

I didn't really PLAY on any very much, I was more from the megadrive/playstation generation. I did like Donkey Kong for SNES though.
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:05 pm

I've never been much of a computer game player, and I don't think I've ever played nintendo.

But I almost wore out Tetris on my my old Macintosh Classic. :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:54 am

Dunno the answer to your poll 'cause I've never played any of 'em more than once. I tell people it's because video games are a total waste of time and grey matter, but the real reason is that I have about a 2 second attention span for things I suck at doing. And I REALLY suck at playing video games. Has something to do with deficient eye-hand coordination, I think... and maybe because I have no depth perception so I can't tell what the little guy I'm supposed to be playing is doing or where he's supposed to be. I tend to walk off cliffs and die VERY quickly. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:14 am

I never got a Nintendo. Dating myself here...I'm part of the Atari generation. :lol:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:30 am

I had a handheld nentendo where I was blowing up klingon birds of prey. My personal best was four at a time. Not bad for an eight year old with CP. I don't remember the name of it though.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:19 am

Distracted it is hell having no deepth perception I scare Hell out of people who are riding with me when I tell them I have no depth perception. I say I drive by braille.

Lack of Depth perception has kept me from takiing flying lessons. I could take off but never land. I always wondered how a one eyed man managed to fly an airplane and land it. but in the old days the planes were so slow he coulld pick something soft and hit it.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:52 am

Silverbullet wrote:...I drive by braille.

Do you live in Florida? LOL.

When we were kids my mother told us that was how old blind people drove. (There were A LOT of old people driving where I grew up.) She was no doubt joking, but I took it seriously and used to really puzzle over how they would get through intersections... unless of course they always made right turns ... but that didn't seem likely. It might get you TO Publix, but not back home! :lol: I was such an idiot.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:13 am

Oh, Publix, how I miss thee...

I voted for Super Mario Bros 1. That thing is a classic! We had competitions about who could win the entire game the fastest using the secret passages. Funny thing is that my dad never bought me a nintendo 'cause he's a firm believer that video games will fry your brain or something, but there was always my cousins' place, you know... :-P

Now my nephews got the revamped version for their gameboys, and since I know all the old school tricks, I'm their hero...
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm

My favorite Super Mario was Super Mario 2!!! It was so weird! It was like they fired everyone who made Super Mario 1 and hired a bunch of acid tripping hippies (I have a thought that Priso and EP were chief graphic illustrators :lol: ) and then when everyone saw the result, they rehired the original team for Super Mario 3! :lol: SM 2 is such an oddball, very weird. I loved it.

My other fav. Nintendo games?

Super Dodgeball, above and beyond my favorite. Nothign cooler than the US and USSR facing off in a deadly ring of sand! The visual effects were so awesome for the time period.

Ninja Gaiden (which I say Ninja GAYden, it's not "Guy-den"!), by far second.

Contra a very very tight 3rd with NG.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:19 am

Yeah... that Super Mario 2 was pretty messed up! What was with that same-weird-duck-boss at the end of every level?

Contra was an absolute staple in our house... especially once we discovered the universal Nintendo cheat... you know: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, select, start? Classic! Worked for almost every game: Like Lifeforce Nemisis another staple.

Ninja Gaiden was definitely up there for us too, but then again, so was Double Dragon... Oh oh: and RBI Baseball!

Loved it... Still love it!

:)

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Super Mario 1, of course. And Zelda 1.

But my favorite? Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers. Oh, how I loved those little pixellated chipmunks...
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 pm

My uncle was the one obsessed with Contra around here. He would get the rifle that shot three flames in different directions and shoot while jumping. That was his thing... My cousin was pretty good at it too, but I always got killed. :doubt:

I don't think I ever got really addicted to a game until DKK for Super Nintendo. Jump, you stupid monkey, jump!
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:19 am

I just finished playing Contra!

Still an awesome game :D

Of course, I had to cheat myself an extra 90 lives to really get anywhere, but hey, who's keeping track :lol:

Return to “General Chat”