Fancy meeting YOU here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Fancy meeting YOU here!

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:37 pm

My sister loves The Trouble With Harry but I was underwhelmed. Oh you are so right about The Apartment I would die if I saw Conner and Jolene play that one out. The only thing worse would be Wine and Roses. Hey speaking of a good Conner and Jolene adaptation, what about Baby The Rain Must Fall Steve McQueen and Lee Remick. I think they could handle it. Although TEAR JERKER!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Escriba » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:40 pm

WarpGirl wrote:If we ever met we would probably never shut up! Mankiewicz wins for me because he does EVERYTHING! All About Eve, then Guys And Dolls and Cleopatra may favorite "sword and sandle" guilty pleasure. The man did everything, and worked with an incredibly diverse set of actors and it was ALL perfect.

Hey, Richard Burton playing the careless party-lover Marc Anthony and Elizabeth Taylor! You can't say no to that :lol:

Alelou wrote:I assume both you ladies have seen Hitchcock's The Trouble with Harry? I love that one.

:lol: Amazing how it can be so funny being so simple.

Alelou wrote:I saw The Apartment, Escriba, but I have to admit the romance didn't quite do it for me. (That girl makes even Trellium!T'Pol look like the height of self-possession and generous concern for others.) I could see Trinneer in that role, though it would be very hard to beat the original portrayal.

I love it precisely because the poor guy is so... well, a loser, but he gets the girl. And by the way, this is a romantic movie for men, for this very reason (yeah, even them have fantasies :D )

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Yeah they were hot in Cleopatra but then I thought Charlton Heston and Anne Baxter were hot in Ten Commandments and Three Violent People. Hey Alelou there is your western for Conner and Jolene. That movie looks on the surface to be really cliche but man it seeths passion.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Yeah, but why would any halfway self-respecting man really WANT that girl? That's what I didn't get. To me the best part of that movie was him deciding to move on. Run for it while you still can, buddy!!!

But I'll grant you his acting was great. Yes, the acting by the famous actor whose name has completely slipped my mind. Oh yeah, Jack Lemmon. Thank God for the Internet. How will I even know when I'm truly senile if I can still google?

Three Violent People? What an awful title. But I'll have to check it out.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 pm

I swear it isn't what you think. Well mostly, it isn't until the last five minutes, and really only one of the three is turly violent. Believe me it would be a perfect western for our beloved TnT actors. And I'm with you, Shirley Mclaine's character was a whore, and Jack Lemmon's character deserves better.

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:03 pm

Oh, poor, poor Miss Kubelik. Nobody understands her... Well, I do! :lol:

By the way, it's just me or Trineer would be great as Athos, you know, the Musketeer?

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:07 pm

My husband adores The Ten Commandments. (I am immune to its charms, myself.) He does a great Charlton Heston, too, and not always intentionally. They used to have him read in church as Jesus pretty often because he was just so darn commanding. But I'm afraid it always made me want to channel Nefertiti and go, "Oh Moses, MOSES!"

Really, Athos? I see Trinneer more as D'Artagnon, if he were younger. But yeah, I guess I could see it.
Image.Image

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Oh, great, now I can't take THIS out from my mind...

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:19 pm

:shock: OK... Alelou you do know that you are extremely fortunate to have a husband who can do that right? I fell in love with Charlton Heston at age 5. Yeah I know, but I was never typical. I adore the movie because well most of it is historically inaccurate, Ramses at least the one they have in the movie was born several hundred years AFTER Moses. But hey I figured "Who Cares, he's wonderful and Nefertiri is pretty. They should have gotten married." Yeah I know then it wouldn't be The Ten Commandments but hey again I was never typical. But the idea of Conner is a "sword and sand" epic makes my heart race, and we already know Jolene is good at them.

I like the idea of CT playing Aramis, but he was my favorite of the 3. D'Artagnon is the fourth so he doesn't count.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 pm

I love that YouTube -- I think I forwarded that to Jaime a way back.

I guess I've never really explored all the potential uses of my husband doing his Charlton Heston impression. LOL.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:40 pm

I'd avoid the NRA speech but that's just me. :wink:

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:18 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I can also see Jolene as Gilda and Conner would be good in Glen Ford's roll. Can you imagine Jolene in the black dress? KTR would die of a stroke! :lol:
Oh my... Just my mentally picturing that image made my heart skip a beat or two... :loveeyes: :faint:

What was this thread about again?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 pm

:lol: I knew that would get you KTR! Glad to see you lnow the film. Anyway the thread is about seeing ST actors on other shows and a wish list for a TnT acting reunion.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 am

OMG OMG OMG Soval is on BURN NOTICE and he's shooting at my Micheal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want Fiona to shoot him.

Fics

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:43 am

Hey, I just watched Law & Order SVU ep. 10x21 online and Linda Park had a guest bit as a police computer tech. Small role, but she was good.

Return to “General Chat”