Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Fancy meeting YOU here!

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Ezinma88 wrote:I was talking about his appearance in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Unfortunately, C.T. WAS looking a bit rough. But, there's no need to lose hope because he doesn't look bad in the promo pics for his new sci-fi film. He must just have been having a bad week or something....and I think he's also lost a little unnecessary weight since then.

E88

P.S. Strangely enough, I have just gotten glasses 8)

I'm NOT referring to Connor, but when you first get a big HD TV you notice all kinds of things - wrinkles, pimples, scars. The beatutiful people aren't! I know its mean, but it makes me feel better to see that. :lol: I have some UGLY scars.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Alelou wrote:Is the University of Kansas considered classical training? I think Royal Shakespeare Company when I hear that. But he knows his stuff, that's for sure.

I agree, that would be cool. I still vote for a Western, though.

Or a remake of Casablanca...

:)

I read that he was in several theater companies that emphisized classical training on ST.com. OH God ANYTHING but Casablanca! Look I LOVE LOVE classic film it's a passion as big as ST for me, but honestly the so called "romance" in that movie is overrated. Aside from the supporting cast the whole film is overrated. I know most people will string me up for that, but I can't help it.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Well, I would like it to be a remake -- because I agree with you, actually. It's way over the top. (Sort of like Gaslight. Oh boy does Ingrid Bergman chew the scenery up and spit it out in that thing.) You do have to see those two at least once in your life, though!

I also think they'd be great in The Shop Around the Corner, the far superior precursor to You've Got Mail.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Well, I haven't watched any of these shows you are mentioning on this thread! I'm not much for TV outside of nature documentaries and ST, LOL. But, I guess there has to be life after Star Trek for these actors because I suspect that like us they have to eat and pay the mortgage. :| :badgrin:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Well as a Joseph Cotton fan I've got to say I'm partial to Gaslight. But I'm not a Bergman fan. The Shop Around the Corner wouldn't be the same without Frank Morgan. Although I also liked the Judy Garland, Van Johnson version. Have you ever seen Private Lives with Norma Shearer and Robert Montgomery? That would be a wonderful comedy for them to do. I can see them being into the bickering, and it's a sexy movie with no overt sex. Which to me makes it more sexy becuse you have to think about it. I can also see Jolene as Gilda and Conner would be good in Glen Ford's roll. Can you imagine Jolene in the black dress? KTR would die of a stroke! :lol:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:39 pm

I read a science fiction story about 15 years ago about the near future where there were no new movie stars anymore because the only movies being made were remakes of old movies with different old stars basically computer photo-shopped into the leading roles...like Casablanca with Angelina Jolie and Harrison Ford. I thought it was ridiculous. The scary thing about that story is they could probably do that now and people would watch them.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:48 pm

My mama and I would like to see Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt re-do The Thin Man movies. I read a fic where Trip introduces T'Pol to the books and the movies and I loved it. But Yikes that is scary Distracted even more so because it's absolutely true.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:04 pm

WarpGirl wrote: The Shop Around the Corner wouldn't be the same without Frank Morgan. Although I also liked the Judy Garland, Van Johnson version.

There's another version of that? What's it called? And it can't be Prague, since it's set in Hungary. Not that it really matters. It's not like Jimmy Stewart tried to sound Hungarian.

You know, I don't remember ever seeing Private Lives, which is kind of appalling. I'll have to put it on the list. And I haven't even heard of Gilda. Another one for Netflix...
Image.Image

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:09 pm

WarpGirl wrote:My mama and I would like to see Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt re-do The Thin Man movies.

Nooo! Oh, God, no! You can't do that to Myrna Loy :lol:

Sorry, nothing against Brangelina, except the fact that they did an awful movie called "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" that some people compared to "Prizzi's Honor" (the nerve of that people...)

I always liked Ingrid Bergman, especially after watching one of her interviews, where she said that most part of "Casablanca" she has a face of "nothing" because the script was written as they filmed the movie and she didn't know what she was supposed to feel since she didn't know what the hell was happening :lol:

I've seen Linda Park a lot lately. She was a bitchy boss of one of the main characters in "Women's Murder Club", she was in an episode of "Life" and I remember when she played a secondary role in "Raines" (actually, I liked that show :( )

And I still can't forget that
SPOILER!!!:
Bakula was Chuck's father! :shock:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

OMG!!!!!! Oh I can think of titles you ABSOLUTELY MUST see! The Judy Garland movie I'm talking about is called, In The Good Old Summetime and it is set in Chicago I believe, during the turn of the century. Here's some to put on a list: The Women, ignore the Meg Ryan crap, Gilda, Rebecca, A letter To Three Wives, How Green Was My Valley, and Sweethearts.

Hey I thought Mr. And Mrs. Smith was awsome! Was the story rediculous? Yeah but the chemistry was amazing the way they talked to each other was great. My favorite line... Mr Smith: We're going to have to redo every conversastion we ever had. Mrs Smith: I'm Jewish. PRICLESS!

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Nope, it's just too bad even for my standards. And if at least it were so bad that it was good...

What! No Adam's Rib in that list? :D Or To Be or Not To Be, or The Apartment, or Sunset Boulevard (or any film by Billy Wilder to get it short), or Letter from an Unknown Woman... You know what? You're right, too many good movies :lol:

Ah, but I love your choice of A Letter to Three Wives :D

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:38 pm

I adore Billy Wilder, although I happen to think Joseph MANKIEWICZ was better. To me Mr. and Mrs. Smith is just really fun to watch. However there is another Mr. and Mrs. Smith made in 1940 and was Alfred Hitchcok's experiment in screw-ball comeduy staring Carol Lombard and Robert Montgomery. I highly recommend it. And no they are not assassins. Laywer and a housewife who discover that they aren't leagally wed. It's quite scandalous for the time period. :D

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Oh, yeah, watched it :lol: I like The Lady Vanished too, because it's just so... stupid (the McGuffin it's absolutely incredible :D)

That's why what happened with Mr and Mrs Smith is strange. I found it boring :dunno: I liked Iron Man, so it can't be snobbishness!

PS: I prefer Wilder to Mankiewicz because I'm more of comedies with a cynical take, but Mankiewicz comes before Cukor (who I also love.) Or maybe before Houston... Or Hitchcock... Or Lubitsch... Or Vincent Minelli... That's my problem, I never make my mind :roll:

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 pm

If we ever met we would probably never shut up! Mankiewicz wins for me because he does EVERYTHING! All About Eve, then Guys And Dolls and Cleopatra may favorite "sword and sandle" guilty pleasure. The man did everything, and worked with an incredibly diverse set of actors and it was ALL perfect.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:23 pm

I assume both you ladies have seen Hitchcock's The Trouble with Harry? I love that one.

I saw The Apartment, Escriba, but I have to admit the romance didn't quite do it for me. (That girl makes even Trellium!T'Pol look like the height of self-possession and generous concern for others.) I could see Trinneer in that role, though it would be very hard to beat the original portrayal.
Image.Image

Return to “General Chat”