Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: The Upsetting News Thread

Postby Asso » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am

I just read your post, WarpGirl. - I am so sorry :( . I'm close to you :hug:

And also to you, Linda. Believe me.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Well, the plan is for my mom to go home from the hospital today. Congestive heart failure. 2 blocked ateried in the heart and her kidneys are too bad to do a by-pass. At least right now.

Thanks, everyone for your kind thoughts.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Oh boy. I'm sorry, Aikiweezie. Does your Mom have someone at home with her? At least now it should be easier for you and your son to spend time with her, I hope.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Oh, dear, just read this thread...

My sympathies to you, WarpGirl. Best hopes to your mother, Aikiweezie.

And Linda, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to find something that is even better than your previous job.
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Thank you
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Alelou wrote:Oh boy. I'm sorry, Aikiweezie. Does your Mom have someone at home with her? At least now it should be easier for you and your son to spend time with her, I hope.

My dad is long retired so he's able to be with mom all the time. That's not always a good thing. :lol: I'm not working and live about 20 minutes away so we'll figure something out.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:Well, the plan is for my mom to go home from the hospital today. Congestive heart failure. 2 blocked ateried in the heart and her kidneys are too bad to do a by-pass. At least right now.

My heart is close to yours. I had a similar story, in my family. I understand you very well.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Am physically fine (all involved are) but was in an accident. Mentally, worn out from dealing with it and frustrated with myself as well. At least the other people were super nice. Car needs serious work (and *gulp* I've got a $500 deductible to fork over).

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Sorry to hear that, JadziaKathryn. I almost got rear-ended about two hours ago.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Worst, Halloween. Ever. :( :cry:

My cat, Mr. Boo, is quite elderly and has lots of problems, among which are renal failure, majorly bad spinal arthritis, and possible pancreatic problems. He gets so many medications, he's like my little old man.

Things got really rough for him about a week ago Friday. We went to the vet for his subcutaneous fluids, and they were pretty busy so one of the techs came in to do it instead of the doctor. Unfortunately he's scared of her because he associates her from a prior unpleasant visit where he had to get an enema, so he freaked, tried to climb me, and it wasn't pretty. This was the day before I left for the hair show.

That night he didn't want much to do with me in terms of crawling up on my lap (which is really unusual), but I figured it wasn't a big deal because he'd had a rough day.

I wasn't home much the next day, so I didn't really notice anything. I worked from 9-1, came home and packed up the van to pick up my coworkers to go to the show. The ex called me several times over the weekend to tell me Boo hadn't eaten much, but I figured it wasn't unusual, since things were kind of disrupted with me being gone and stuff.

I come home to find him limping, badly. Again, not unusual, considering his arthritis. He didn't spend much time on my lap, but again, disruptive weekend.

We went for his fluids Tuesday. I tell the doctor everything. Nobody's worried under the circumstances.

Thursday I take the other cat Elvis in for his geriatric blood work and to get his fructosamine checked (he has a history of diabetes though it's been in remission for several years). Was worried about Boo but things seemed to improve slightly, so I didn't really mention much about it.

Friday I take Boo for fluids. We see a doctor we hadn't seen before, which is usually okay except considering how many problems Boo has, I feel slightly better seeing one of the other two doctors because they know his whole history for the last 9 years. Still, I want Boo (and me, for that matter) to be used to everyone there, because you never know what's going to happen or who's going to be there when we need help. He listens to Boo's chest and says the lungs are pretty clear, but the heart has an arrhythmia. So I start worrying more. Boo had a heart murmur, which the doctor didn't detect. When I asked, the doctor said that this wasn't any more dangerous than the murmur, and that it could be an intermittent thing brought on by stress. Well, he'd had plenty of stress in the last week, so I agreed with that. I told the doctor the other symptoms--lack of interest in lap time, skipping the litter box in favor of a puppy pad on the floor, decreased appetite, and marathon sessions of drinking water. At the end of the appointment we agreed that an appetite stimulant might be the way to go. In the meantime, Elvis's results weren't in yet.

Later that night, I discover Boo has blood in his urine. So first I think to myself, "Well THERE'S the problem."

I call the vet first thing the next morning and speak to one of our regular doctors, fully expecting that they'd want to see Boo. The doctor tells me that I can just pick up some antibiotics, that we'll treat it as a lower urinary tract infection and hope that that's what it is, because if it's his kidneys, there isn't much we can do any way. Sounds reasonable to me so far.

-HOWEVER--

Elvis's results came in, and apparently HE has renal failure, too, and his blood work had showed signs of dehydration (too much protein in the blood or something). The doctor wanted to see Elvis that day for fluids and go over his treatment plan.

I felt like I'd been punched.

So once we're there, the doctor says Elvis won't need any meds because the rest of his health is reasonably good, and that if I can get him to eat exclusively the prescription food, he probably won't need subcutaneous fluids, at least not for a long time, that we may still be able to control this with diet. Okay, fine. I take home a few cans of food and Boo's antibiotics.

Boo gets worse as the day goes on. He eats, which seems encouraging, but he won't get up to go to the bathroom. Also, he's started breathing harder. I totally freaked out--and of course the vet is closed. So I sat up with him for most of the night, sleeping in a chair until about 4 am, when I woke up and went to my own bed.

He seems marginally better this morning. He still won't eat or use the litter, but he got up and drank LOTS of water, walking on his own steam. I can only hope that the antibiotics are starting to kick in and do something for him, but I'm just too scared to let him out of my sight.

I'm so sleep-deprived and I have a test tomorrow...and I don't even feel like I've got any business going to school. :(
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Aquarius, I'm so sorry sorry to hear that your kitties are ill. It's hard especially since they can't tell you how they're feeling. But I know Boo appreciates you for taking such good care of him. I hope he gets better. Take care of yourself and try to get some sleep when you can. :hug:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Good luck, Aquarius.

Poor Boo. He's old and ill and some point you're going to have to let the poor baby go. For your sake, I hope this isn't the time, though.

But you do have every business being in school. Please don't let something like this derail you.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Sorry about the kitties. Really am, I wouldn't want my kitties to suffer though. I hope the right answers come.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 am

Is Mr. Boo's cat food dry or canned? If it's dry canned might tempt him. Also if he's still drinking you can put canned food in a blender and liquify it. That may work as well. :hug:

Grrr

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:28 am

Aqarious I'm sorry to hear about your kitties being ill. I have an 18 year old cat that was close to suffering renal failure because of kidney stones. he had to have emergency surgery and recovered from it.I hope the veternarian can help you with your kitties getting better. :hug:

Return to “General Chat”