New members, introduce yourselves here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: New members, introduce yourselves here!

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:48 am

Because she who dies with the most fabric wins.

Laughing Laughing I wish I could sew. I took lessons when I was 14, but they didn't take.

Welcome, Emberchyld. Where did your screename come from? I remember a character in Elfquest named Ember. That used to be my favorite comic book series.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:29 am

Distracted wrote:Welcome, Emberchyld. Where did your screename come from? I remember a character in Elfquest named Ember. That used to be my favorite comic book series.

I once wrote a parody of a terrible fic that had been running in my college paper (even for engineers, this was BAD. I would read it to make thermodynamics sound like fun), and one of the characters in my parody was code-named "Ember". I ended up liking the name and character so much that I wanted to use it as my screenname, but when that was taken, I started playing with other names. Emberchyld just fit... I'd just come out of a difficult time in my life and loved the implications. Plus, I have a dreadful temper!

Very Happy And my sewing can be interesting-- my sister already has already slated me to make her wedding gown (since I made all of her prom gowns and halloween costumes), but she knows from experience that I'll be working on it feverishly the night before and mom and grandmom will be hemming it as she walks up the aisle!
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Welcome to the board, Ember!
Writing as TrekPyro.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:36 pm

Welcome to this place, Emberchyld! Wave

I suppose triaxian silk is the next fabric for you to collect? Wink
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Welcome! Oh there is so much to see and do and read, you'll waste time like never before! Very Happy

And y'know I went down to Fabricland and asked for it, and the lady looked at me like I was crazy or something. pff stupid Fabricland lady. They're always nuts.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:52 pm

Hello, Emberchyld! Yes, "The Time Traveler's Wife" is a great book! I also enjoy skating. Enjoy the site.
Wave
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! It's so nice to find a place with people as *cough-cough*obsessed*cough-cough* I mean, supportive of Enterprise and TnT, as I am.

As for the triaxian silk-- I was always sooo mad that we never got to see it onscreen-- the fabricwhore in me was really depressed! I'd love to try and at least find some "imitation" triaxian silk! Confused

justTrip'n: I've been using "The Time Traveller's Wife" as my gym book and it's killing me to keep leaving it in my locker. I'm currently at the concert part-- I can't wait to see what happens in the past/future.

Oh... and (for true geekiness purposes) my skating coach and I are debating on my aritistic interpretive music-- currently, I'm pushing for "Where my Heart Will Take Me" Laughing Laughing , because I'm almost tempted to have a unitard made to imitate T'Pol's blue jumpsuit. (Until I realize that I don't have Jolene Blalock's body. Then I'll change the costume). She's very happy with my freestyle program music, so maybe I can win one teensy Trek battle.
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:31 pm

^ I've always had this idea for a fic where Trip buys T'Pol some Triaxian silk and she has some weird reaction to it (not sure what the reaction should be - but I'd make it WEIRD)
Writing as TrekPyro.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Laughing , that would be hilarious. The first thing that came to mind was like an allergic reaction... then you said 'somethin weird', so I got to thinking... like a hormonal reaction? Laughing
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:07 pm

^ that would be rather predictable. I was thinking about maybe an "enslaved by the person who originally owned it" kinda reaction.
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Heh, I was thinking more like "I don't know if I should be flattered or disturbed" Laughing

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi! Wave I like sewing too. I'm considering designing some Vulcan robes. I'm sure there's a pattern somewhere... Smile
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:31 pm

Emberchyld wrote:As for the triaxian silk-- I was always sooo mad that we never got to see it onscreen-- the fabricwhore in me was really depressed!

Well, my interpretation has been that T'Pol's silk jammies were made of triaxian silk. Trip mentions she'd look good in it. Then not long after, T'Pol finds a way to acquire some when they're on Risa, and then some episodes later we see her waring jammies for the first time! Wonder why, huh? Wink

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Very Happy

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:37 am

Yeah, I always take those blue jammies form S3 as Triaxian Silk jammies. Mr. Green

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:04 am

^ I'd say that her greenish jammies from season two were also made from triaxian silk.

Return to “General Chat”