Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Re: What's Worse?

Postby Lady Rainbow » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Distracted wrote:What's worse, dying by being immersed for no apparent reason in a huge puddle of black ooze, or dying by deliberately frying yourself for no apparent reason between severed electrical conduits? (The Yar/Tucker Conundrum) :?

:? Yeesh. They're both bad, and I thought both were really DUMB ways to kill off a character, but at least if I died in the ooze, I wouldn't have purposely put myself in there. As opposed to purposely frying myself. (And at least Yar had somewhat of a memorial service. Trip didn't even have THAT. :evil: :censored: :explode: )

Siting through a water polo game with Archer (ENT) or playing baseball with a group of Vulcans (DS9)?
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:58 pm

[quote="Lady Rainbow" Siting through a water polo game with Archer (ENT) or playing baseball with a group of Vulcans (DS9)?[/quote]
I take any change to study the Vulcans, even I can't play baseball and they have at least twice the strenght that I have to pitch a ball. But watching a water polo game is a snooze fest. (I do like to interview Archer, asking some really tough questions and see how he weasels himself out of these questions.:D)
What is worse? Living on a star ship with ignorant, sticky humans or being bored to death working at the Vulcan Science Department. :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:41 pm

justTripn wrote:
Eian Flannagan wrote:
Aquarius wrote:Waking up one morning to discover that you've been surgically altered to look like a Tellarite, or waking up to discover you have been dropped into the roughest Tellarite bar in the galaxy, and you have NOT been surgically altered to look like one of them!?

I think it would be worse to actually be altered to look like a Tellarite. You at least have the possibility of escaping the bar.

Being a bonded Vulcan in pon farr with your ship lost in the Delta Quadrant in 2375 or being a bonded Vulcan in pon farr with your ship stuck in the Expanse in 2153. Either way, you are the only Vulcan on the ship.

Well duh!!! Trip is on the ship stuck in the Expanse.

I think what Eian meant is that YOU are the Vulcan far from home, experiencing pon farr, with no access to your mate who is back home.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:05 am

panyasan wrote:What is worse? Living on a star ship with ignorant, sticky humans or being bored to death working at the Vulcan Science Department. :D

Well, if the humans on the ship really ARE ignorant and sticky, then I'd say that's worse, even though I'm a human...because who wants to live among a bunch of ignorant and sticky people???

What's worse: getting locked inside a holodeck program gone wrong, or having to save the ship in your underwear?

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:03 pm

Well, I don't like being chilly, but since malfunctioning holoprograms have been known to actually be dangerous in canon instead of just uncomfortable, I'd have to say the holoprogram is worse.

What's worse...having to send promising young sons and daughters out to fight and perhaps die for their country without any possibility of victory, or being forced to watch your tax dollars at work, paying for "medical care" which allows helpless infants to be killed for no reason but convenience?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Distracted wrote:What's worse...having to send promising young sons and daughters out to fight and perhaps die for their country without any possibility of victory, or being forced to watch your tax dollars at work, paying for "medical care" which allows helpless infants to be killed for no reason but convenience?

Wow.

I hope I'm not out of line here, but I'm wondering if we could maybe avoid hot-button issues in a game like this? Lots of people feel strongly--and differently--about these things, and I'd really hate to see a situation that's meant to be fun unnecessarily open up a whole big can of worms that can get people riled up, cause hurt feelings, or give the appearance of members trying to further their own agenda. I'm sure the board rules say "no politics" for a reason. (Yes, I actually read them! :wink:)

Please, if we can't keep it Trek-related, can we keep it hypothetical and fun? Even the "tough questions" shouldn't potentially cause hard feelings.

Thanks.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Okay, moving on ... what's worse...

shaving or waxing?

(Didn't Malcolm actually use just a normal razor in Shuttlepod One? Wouldn't you have expected a higher-tech solution than that?)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:37 pm

Alelou wrote:Okay, moving on ... what's worse...

shaving or waxing?

(Didn't Malcolm actually use just a normal razor in Shuttlepod One? Wouldn't you have expected a higher-tech solution than that?)

Oh my, no waxing, not! You should see how much I'm furry! :o Mhhh... :doubt: maybe it would be better you don't see anything. :lol:
Anyway, razor blades are the best, also and especially in space. Thanks to shaving foam, hair don't hover everywhere.

Q: do you love hats?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:41 pm

What a practical reason to prefer a razor in space! I was thinking maybe by then they could just "phase" off their hair or something...

Do you think you could rephrase your hat question to fit "what's worse?"
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:53 pm

Oops, where was my brain? :?
This one was for another thread. :)

A splendid ice cream (and you have caries) or a mountain of chocolate (and you feel sick)?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:23 pm

I'll take the chocolate, please

Q: Which is worse? Brussells sprouts or okra?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:51 am

Aquarius wrote:
Distracted wrote:What's worse...having to send promising young sons and daughters out to fight and perhaps die for their country without any possibility of victory, or being forced to watch your tax dollars at work, paying for "medical care" which allows helpless infants to be killed for no reason but convenience?

Wow.

I hope I'm not out of line here, but I'm wondering if we could maybe avoid hot-button issues in a game like this? Lots of people feel strongly--and differently--about these things, and I'd really hate to see a situation that's meant to be fun unnecessarily open up a whole big can of worms that can get people riled up, cause hurt feelings, or give the appearance of members trying to further their own agenda. I'm sure the board rules say "no politics" for a reason. (Yes, I actually read them! :wink:)

Please, if we can't keep it Trek-related, can we keep it hypothetical and fun? Even the "tough questions" shouldn't potentially cause hard feelings.

Thanks.

Sorry. I was just getting bored with all this superficial stuff and wanted to have a real discussion for a change. Won't happen again.

I like both okra and brussel's sprouts. Put enough butter on a green vegetable and it's good. If I really have to choose I suppose I like okra better.

Q: Ummm. Never mind. Somebody else do it.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Eian Flannagan
Commander
Commander
Twitter username: eianflannagan

Postby Eian Flannagan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:57 am

Ok. I will.

Brussel sprouts. Ick.

What's worse? Three minutes in the Agony Booth or having an alien lifeform attach itself to your body and take over your cardiopulmonary system?
"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds;
our planet is the mental institution of the universe."
---Johann von Goethe

The Happy Medium Universe

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:08 am

You have a strange vision of the life, Eian, in my opinion. Life is beautiful, I think (Do you know the movie?). I want a third opportunity.

Eian Flannagan
Commander
Commander
Twitter username: eianflannagan

Postby Eian Flannagan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:16 am

Asso wrote:You have a strange vision of the life, Eian, in my opinion. Life is beautiful, I think (Do you know the movie?). I want a third opportunity.

My question has absolutely nothing to do with my vision of life, Asso. Nothing. It's simply a Trek-related "What's Worse" scenario. The object of this particular game is to think of two particularly awful Trek-related things and choose which one is worse than the other. The question can be taken at face value. In any case, the question stands, I guess.
"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds;
our planet is the mental institution of the universe."
---Johann von Goethe

The Happy Medium Universe

Return to “General Chat”