Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:53 am

:hatsoff:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 pm

This isn't technically a whine, more like a rant, but we have no dedicated thread for that, so here goes my

RANT :censored:
Why in the f :censored: name of all that's holy do software companies bloody think it is acceptable to ship and sell broken, poorly designed software that was as thoroughly tested for proper function as the Titanic was tested for iceberg resistance. Jeez, they really think it is acceptable to sell software that simply does not function.
As a motorracing nut without the talent to even race my way out of a paperbag and too fat to fit in anything this side of a monster truck, I have to get my fix in racing simulations, so I tend to blow wads of cash on new racing titles and up to now you could always bet your money on GranTurismo for the Playstation and on anything that starts with "Need For Speed". Not anymore.
GT5 is so poorly designed, you'd think it was programmed by an office temp with a nasty attitude. No useable content unless you have a broadband internet connection and can race online.
And around comes the ultimate offense Need For Speed: Shift2. For racing nuts like me there's even quite hightech racing wheel setups to buy for such games, with pedals, H-Shift or flappy-pedal-shifting, the lot. Cost about 500+ quid those things. So naturally, I bought such a thing. Here comes the clue. The game has 0.2 seconds input lag :banghead: That means you turn the wheel and the car reacts about 2-3 tenths of a second later. If travelling at 150mph, that's bloody week! So there you are, a racing game where you can do quite a lot of things, except(!!) ...er... steering and braking properly. Jesus f :censored: christ, that makes it about as useless as a one-legged bloke at an arse kicking contest. :banghead:
Dammit, now all I can do is to wait for a patch that makes the software, I bought, actually useable. :bitch:
RANT OFF

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:17 pm

awww. :( Go re-read your smut cookie. lol
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Why do they put that Blue seal on with super Gorrila glue. Damn near have to destroy the package to get it open. Naturaly you cannot return the thing if the package is damaged.

I bought a Chess program. Looked at the shipping invoicce. Proper numbers. Just wat I ordered according to the invoice. Finally tore the damned package open to find it was NOT what i had ordered. someone grabbed the wrong package and put it into the right invoice. so now I am stuck with software I cannot use and cannot return. I had bought it for my Grandson to use when he was visiting two weeks ago and I was planning using if after he departed.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ulva » Sat May 14, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm going to whine about my father-in-law (well, not the real one because he's not my significant other's dad, but he has been around since he was 8, so it's more a FIL than his real dad is). Anyway, he thought for real that I don't trust him with my toddler. Gah! I tried to explain why I'm not too keen on them showing up during a weekend when we've got role-play on the schedule, because it's the only time when we've got an evening just for ourselves. Since I've got health issues those evenings and a full nights undisturbed sleep are VERY IMPORTANT to me. This does NOT mean that I don't think other people than me, my SO and my parents can take care of my 2 YO.

However, he didn't take it well. I have known for some time that he can't wrap his head around the fact that I've got an endocrine disease that doesn't really show on the outside but wrecks havoc with me at times, and that I simply can't trudge on like any healthy person can. I have to mind myself and make sure that I never get exhausted because it knocks me out - for days if I try too hard. He's not stupid, he just have no concept of what I have to live with and what measures I have to take to have a reasonably decent life. This leads to him thinking I don't think he can manage children, which is utterly pathetic since he already have been taking care of her. Had there been any doubts I wouldn't have let him near her.

I'm not particularly happy about this condition on an ordinary day, but when something like this happens, I outright hate my body. I miss the time when I didn't have to take medicine 3 times a day to just stay alive and were like anyone else. Having to explain time and time again why I can't just "snap out of it" is a PITA. It makes me feel like a lesser being for not being able to keep up with others, especially when people who are family just don't take it seriously but keep expecting me to be like anyone else.
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat May 14, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm not entirely clear on how your endocrine problem and need for rest connects with your willingness to have someone care for your 2 year old, but I hope you work things out, Ulva. Friends and family are so valuable. None of us can afford to lose any over some dumb misunderstanding. I'm sure if you just sit down with him and explain what happened he'll understand.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ulva » Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 pm

His wife have. My significant other have. He just isn't getting it. He's having a hard time understanding that I really do need to have those breathers, and that it's not about him not being good enough a grandfather. I'm not budging on this because I need them. If I comply I will pay dearly for ignoring myself, and by now I have learned the lesson the hard way; I simply have to look after myself.
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat May 14, 2011 9:01 pm

I guess I'm still not understanding. Wouldn't it be a breather for you if he took care of the 2 year old? How is it more restful for you if he's not watching your toddler?
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:47 pm

I'm whining about the sun! Now to be clear it's 98 outside and I love it! Warm is better than cold, but something scary happened today and now I need to whine. So I had my PT and OT is morning, and after we got lunch and went to go swim in mom's pool. Now, on the way home we stopped and got one of those tent like things to put up so we had shade. So we go to the house put up the "tent" thingie with no major mishaps, and start lathering on the SPF 45. I even up some in my hair and scalp. So I'm lathered up and get in the water, I stay in long enough to get cool, and soak my 3 feet of hair. Then I get out and go straight to the "tent" thingie. I drink lots of lemonade and do everything right!

What happens... A mild case of heat stroke! So I hit the pool house AKA in-law's room and pass out! But that's not the worst part. No the worst part is, after not 15 minutes in direct sun my skin starts going! UG!!!! Now I have a date with a cold shower and lots of baby oil!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 pm

I assume the sunblock was waterproof otherwise :duh:

I don't know what's going on in medical terms but as far as I understand it heat stroke can be caused by getting your head too hot. So you dipping in the pool in blisteringly hot direct sunlight with the rest of you nice and cool might be a good way to cause it. If there's any chlorine in the water that might not have done your skin any favours either. Must say you'd have a hard time getting me to go out at all in 98F heat let alone staying out for 15 minutes. I don't like the cold but I'm useless when it's hot. No change there, then. :D

Pools are supposed to be a good way to get sunburn because the sunlight reflects so you get double the dosage, but you feel nice and cool. That was always a problem windsurfing because the spray keeps you nice and cool but you get sunburnt in some very strange places!

Hope you feel better soon. :patpat:

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:12 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I'm whining about the sun! Now to be clear it's 98 outside and I love it! Warm is better than cold, but something scary happened today and now I need to whine. So I had my PT and OT is morning, and after we got lunch and went to go swim in mom's pool. Now, on the way home we stopped and got one of those tent like things to put up so we had shade. So we go to the house put up the "tent" thingie with no major mishaps, and start lathering on the SPF 45. I even up some in my hair and scalp. So I'm lathered up and get in the water, I stay in long enough to get cool, and soak my 3 feet of hair. Then I get out and go straight to the "tent" thingie. I drink lots of lemonade and do everything right!

What happens... A mild case of heat stroke! So I hit the pool house AKA in-law's room and pass out! But that's not the worst part. No the worst part is, after not 15 minutes in direct sun my skin starts going! UG!!!! Now I have a date with a cold shower and lots of baby oil!

So you had your PT and your OT, lathered up some SPF and I DTFKWYTA. Is it a case of IDKW or IHTP? SRSLY, WTF :shock: :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:10 pm

PT= Physical therapy... OT= Occupational therapy. :tears:

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Cogito wrote:I assume the sunblock was waterproof otherwise :duh:

I don't know what's going on in medical terms but as far as I understand it heat stroke can be caused by getting your head too hot. So you dipping in the pool in blisteringly hot direct sunlight with the rest of you nice and cool might be a good way to cause it. If there's any chlorine in the water that might not have done your skin any favours either. Must say you'd have a hard time getting me to go out at all in 98F heat let alone staying out for 15 minutes. I don't like the cold but I'm useless when it's hot. No change there, then. :D

Pools are supposed to be a good way to get sunburn because the sunlight reflects so you get double the dosage, but you feel nice and cool. That was always a problem windsurfing because the spray keeps you nice and cool but you get sunburnt in some very strange places!

Hope you feel better soon. :patpat:

I didn't stay in the pool even for 15 minutes! I stayed in long enough to dunk my head and get out, and went straight to the shade!

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:22 am

Maybe you're reacting to the sunblock.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:25 am

Oh No!!!!!! Tell me that you're joking and that isn't really possible please! Please.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”