Eureka Discussion Thread

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Eureka Discussion Thread

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:08 pm

Ok. As everybody must know by this point, I'm like in love with the Sci-Fi show Eureka, sometimes also called, A Town Called Eureka, or Eureka, USA.

If you haven't watched all of season 1, I recommend you don't read my comments Very Happy , SPOILERS!

Ok then. Reviewing a few key themes, first of all, it's obvious there is some kind of "Trust" or "Consortium" as Beverly called it, trying to take control of events in Eureka, at Global Dynamics. Who do you think is behind it? Who is involved? From the episode about Fargo, Jo, Spencer and Taggert going nuts and trying to kill the Senator, we know that that Senator is connected, and from multiple episodes, we know that Beverly is a very key player. The one tip off we got at the very end of the last episode of season 1, was when she was speaking with, presumably her employer, over a teleconference. I rewound it to look at every clue, because as it pans out the voice said "You're here because we want you to be. Don't forget who you work for..." it shows that the person is using a Cisco teleconference video phone. Now, initially I noticed that in the future-version where Stark had moved out of Eureka and was running his own company, he had a Cisco video teleconferencing phone just like that. But it wouldn't make any sense for Stark to be the boss behind the infiltration because he's often one being infiltrated - as it was in the last episode when we saw Beverly install a subcutaneous microchip into his head to make him go off protocol with the "Artificat" project. However, I later noticed that there was ALSO a Global Dynamics emblem floating against the background of the video phone when he disconnected the call (the "Boss"), proving almost without a doubt that the Boss is actually a GD employee. But who? My money's on Fargo, because nobody would suspect him.

Other issues going into season 2: how will Carter deal with being around Allison again? What will be different about this timeline now that Henry isn't gunning for Nathan's job and Nathan will probably stay in Eureka, with regard to Jack and Allison? Obviously, they're going to try and find ways to put them together still. Maybe the episode where Jack's ex wife shows up will have Nathan and his ex become interested in each other Laughing
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Entilzha
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Eureka Discussion Thread

Postby Entilzha » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:23 pm

I envy you, I have to wait a few hours until a torrent comes out.
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:27 pm

For the episode airing tonight you mean?

Speaking of which, for all the Battlestar Galactica fans, they are premiering a trailer of the movie that airs in November, Battlestar Galactica: Razor about the Battlestar Pegasus, tonight during the season premiere of Eureka Very Happy
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:36 pm

Since I live on the other side of the Atlantic the only way I get quality TV is by the torrents. Darn I also love BSG. Sad

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:43 pm

I'll tell you guys what it shows! The BSG trailer that is!
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:45 pm

Thanks Smile

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:09 am

Just finished watching the first episode of the second season and things are going to get interesting. Darn, it just isn't Carters day.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:49 am

No kidding, it really isn't huh. Can you believe what Henry did at the end? I surely thought he was going to do both... Do you think he's planning to try and save Kim again? Trying to get a job at GD and all.

I was wondering how they would "fix" it so that the timeline we see isn't the timeline they experienced, otherwise it woudln't be interesting, and I don't think that the memory eraser is really the fixer - if it were I'd be disappointed, that'd be a cheap out. What REALLY changes the timeline, which is BEAUTIFUL, is an unexpected and previously unknown consequence of the Artifact-explosion, which is of course, this radiation burst that caused people to burst into flames and such earlier. Since Henry stopped the explosion before, they didn't see those events take place so neither he nor Jack had any clue that could happen, and so the events were fundamentally changed. Crazy, and elegant.

I'm anxious to see the one where Carter's exwife shows up. Now I'm wondering, too, though, what Nathan's going to be doing with his time... Running Henry's garage? Laughing
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:00 am

I wonder what Henry is up to? The plot thickens.

Chris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:51 pm

Great episode! I think Henry is planning to take down GD completely. He blames them for Kim's death. The ep with Carter's ex should be interesting.

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:18 am

Just finished watching the second episode and I think it was ok.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:34 pm

I had company over last night and COMPLETELY forgot about the episode, I didn't even get it recorded because I don't have a series recording set for it yet. So I'm dling it... I'll post up when I watch it.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Just beginning first season. I hope Maury Chakin is coming back.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:19 pm

We watch the show too. I like how they manage to keep it really funny, yet have the cool conspiracy going on too. My husband... well, he likes Allison. Specifically, Allison in her underwear. Rolling Eyes men

Global Dynamics uses the Cisco Phones (which also make my husband drool) - so that's an ambiguous clue. I'm thinking the "Consortium" may be someone we haven't seen yet.

I agree that they handled the timeline 'reset' really well - there are actual, plausable consequences.
--
I got hugged

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:38 pm

I watch it as well. I never thought that Henry would go through with the memory wipe, so I wasn't surprised when he had Jack go first then didn't do himself. He was too obsessed with Kim's death, just within that episode (even forgetting the fact that it was over a month after it happened), for me to believe that he'd willingly forget it.

The second episode was pretty good, not spectacular. Though I did love that Zoe didn't tell Jack which class it was that she failed at first, because the look on his face at the end when she said that they could go out driving was priceless... Honestly, did anyone think that Fargo wouldn't press the button on the little forcefield thingy? Though I do have to wonder how exactly Jack and Jo got to the specific hardcopy of the files for that day so quickly and found out what they needed to know about who was in the storage area that morning.

Somehow I wonder what Henry's going to do about Beverly and the Consortium, since he now knows about her bugging Kim's computer, and probably suspects that she wants information about the artifact. I don't think Henry is going to be sharing as buddy-buddy with Jack as he was before, and I don't think that he's going to tell Jack about what he discovered in regards to what Beverly was doing (whereas last season, pre-Kim's death, I have little doubt that he would have mentioned it to the sheriff).
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Return to “General Chat”