Crazy Weather

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Bether6074
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Crazy Weather

Postby Bether6074 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:00 am

Well, here I am living in upstate NY and it's supposed to be 60 degrees out tomorrow! We had absolutely NO snow in all of December, which is basically unheard of. NYC had no snow in Dec. for the first time since something like 1887 and NJ had its warmest average temperatures since they've been keeping records. Anyone else out ther having extremely unusual weather for this time of year or just us folks in the great northeast?

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:32 am

Shock This aint right!!!

Id actualy trade weather with all those gettin snowed in out west.

This warm weather isnt doing my fields any good. Since things wont dry out, everything is just mud. Confused An I was sweating during the December PA Deer season. Sweating In December outside sittin on my ass on a moutain, in the woods, with the wind blowing!!!

I want my 5, 6, 7, an up to 14 ft snow drifts back, along with my 30 below days to Dang it. Mad
TnT I love em. Very Happy

TParm
Ensign
Ensign

Postby TParm » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:49 am

I'd be happy to send it your way Mitchell. We still have about a foot of snow on the ground and it's going to snow again tonight and all day tomorrow. That is just not normal, it is suppose to be dry this time of year, all this snow should come in March and April when it's warm so the snow melts rather than piles up like it doing. The cattle out on the plains to the east are dieing because they can't get food or water.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:46 am

I flew into Salt Lake City during a freakin blizzard, and then flew out 4 hours later during the SAME damb blizzard Evil or Very Mad

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Crazy Weather

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:10 pm

Bether6074 wrote:Well, here I am living in upstate NY and it's supposed to be 60 degrees out tomorrow! We had absolutely NO snow in all of December, which is basically unheard of. NYC had no snow in Dec. for the first time since something like 1887 and NJ had its warmest average temperatures since they've been keeping records. Anyone else out ther having extremely unusual weather for this time of year or just us folks in the great northeast?

Here in the "cold" Nordic countries we also have had no snow in December and we're now in January and still no sight of the white stuff. I don't mind though. I hate the snow and cold.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:37 pm

Well... I booked a ski vacation several months ago for next month in northern Massachusetts and there's NO SNOW! *pout*

Sigh. Guess there's nothing I can do about it, but it's damned inconvenient!
Image sig by chrisis1033

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:01 pm

Yes, very inconvenient. Crying or Very sad

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Well, it's raining and about 60 degrees outside here in SW Ohio. And while it's warmer than it usually is for January, it's hardly unusual weather.

After all, I can remember going back to college in 1989 on the first Sunday in January (down in Cincinnati) when it was over 70 degrees and we ended up having a tornado warning that evening, which I spent in the basement of my dorm next to the washers and dryers. And another time, we had snowflakes in May while I was still in college there. But then Ohio's always had weird weather...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:52 pm

Jedikatie wrote:Well, it's raining and about 60 degrees outside here in SW Ohio.

That's what's happening here in NY today. I think some of our spring bulbs have started to sprout, too. It's just weird. Mother Nature has a mind of her own, I suppose. Not much to be done about it.

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:43 am

T'Parm id gladdly take it off yer hands. This is getting ridiculous. Sad

Bether6074 wrote:
Jedikatie wrote:Well, it's raining and about 60 degrees outside here in SW Ohio.

That's what's happening here in NY today. I think some of our spring bulbs have started to sprout, too. It's just weird. Mother Nature has a mind of her own, I suppose. Not much to be done about it.

Ditto here obviously. Rolling Eyes

Their starting to run the Maple sap lines already here. Usualy that dont happen till the End of January. Confused Personaly as damn warm as its been I have a hard time beleaving that the sap ever returned down to the lower trunks/roots of the trees. Confused The ground hasnt even been froze yet. Confused

Some farmers have started plowing their fields to. But I cant, way to many springs running through mine for that.

An I think it was something like 600 snow plow operators were layed off because of the lack of snow this winter. Confused Not a very good thing. [/b]
TnT I love em. Very Happy

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady

Postby starwatcher » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 pm

Alas, in Blighty its just greyness and rain, typically British! Is Averil Park anywhere near to Hyde Park? I spent about 4 wks there over the summer, beautiful gorgeous place! xx

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:41 am

If you all want snow and cold, you're more than welcome to truck out here to North Dakota. Plenty of both to go around...
Last edited by CX on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:59 am

No mountains, though. And I bought such a cute parka and ski pants. *pout*
Image sig by chrisis1033

TParm
Ensign
Ensign

Postby TParm » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:49 am

You could always come to Colorado to go skiing, just watch out for the avalanches.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:44 pm

Yeah, but I have a friend who lives not 30 minutes from the other resort we were going to, though, so it was gonna be a two-fer. I don't know anybody in Colorado. *she whines pitifully* Rolling Eyes
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”