Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Alelou » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Do you have air conditioning? This heat/humidity could be seizing it up. (I assume you're still having a heat wave. Florida is just normally Godawful Hot at the moment.)

Power fluctuations caused by a lot of people drawing power could also be frying it.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Nope no heat wave here. It gets hot but it always cools off, and nothing is overheated, I check often. I'm not in FLA, I'm in VA... And while it does get hot, most od the time it's pretty bareable. We hardly ever have continuous stretches of long oppressive heat. Two or three days in a row max. Also I live in a valley, so it might be 90 where my parents are 15 minutes away, it would only be 80 where I am. Mountains make things tricky.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 pm

Well, trying a new router makes sense. You can always return it if it doesn't help.
Image.Image

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 am

I bloody hate SQL.

It's usability depends all upon which set of libraries you use. Bad ones make it totally useless. I also hate Borland's ruddy datastructure. It's a pain in the backside at the best of times. Also not very fond of escaping strings. Oh well. It all works now. :happyjump:
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 pm

I just heard on the news that Canada has been having wild Thunderstorms spawning tornadoes. it looks like alot of towns were hit hard by the storms. :evilmonkey: I hope enterprise kayak is okay. :thumbsdown:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:10 pm

OMG do you know where my one sister lives there and my other is visiting!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:17 pm

They said the emergency warning about the storms have happened the last few days. Emergency crews and the Red Cross were in the Prarie area of Canada. And news was sketchy about where the storms hit. It just said several towns had been hit hard by the storms and that Royal Canadian Mounted police were trying to find the missing people and the injured.That's all I know Warp Girl.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Oh good not the islands then. Oh God you scared me, I have two younger sisters one who is pregnant went with her husband to vist our other sister. So I freaked! I called and got nobody home. They better call me back.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Let's hope all will go well. :(
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Sorry Warpgirl I didn't mean to upset you.I'm glad your sisters weren't in that part of Canada.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Nonsense. You didn't know, I'm glad you told me, at least now I know they're safe. I'm just overprotective of my little sisters, their hubbies and my little nephew or niece. We don't know what the little one is yet.

Great Now hurricane Bill will make an appearence in PEI. I'm going to be a basket case this weekend. :roll:

Fics

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:23 am

WarpGirl wrote:Great Now hurricane Bill will make an appearence in PEI. I'm going to be a basket case this weekend. :roll:

I KNOW! I'm currently vacationing on PEI (and Volunteering at the Canada Games-- YAY!-- Possibly the only "Yankee" volunteering, too) and am set to leave on Sunday via ferry to Nova Scotia...

Now, I'm crossing my fingers and planning an alternate "escape route" via the Confederation bridge if things look bad... :( :(
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:59 am

That's where my one sister lives and the other (pregnant) one is visiting. I wish they were with me. :(

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Emberchyld wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:Great Now hurricane Bill will make an appearence in PEI. I'm going to be a basket case this weekend. :roll:

I KNOW! I'm currently vacationing on PEI (and Volunteering at the Canada Games-- YAY!-- Possibly the only "Yankee" volunteering, too) and am set to leave on Sunday via ferry to Nova Scotia...

Now, I'm crossing my fingers and planning an alternate "escape route" via the Confederation bridge if things look bad... :( :(

Oh dear. No, you don't want a ferry in a hurricane (I'm sure they won't even launch). Good luck.

EK lives in British Columbia, not the prairie.
Image.Image

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:33 am

Alelou wrote:Oh dear. No, you don't want a ferry in a hurricane (I'm sure they won't even launch). Good luck.

:banghead: Just called the ferry company and it's actually still on with no refunds. At this point, I'll be a no-show... if they cancel, I get my money back, if not, I'll live. Like a game of chicken with boats :-P

Apparently, they'll run this ferry unless it's absolutely necessary to cancel (one lady here told me about the ferry she was on slamming into the dock from storm-force waves and winds years back) Although the hurricane isn't supposed to really touch PEI now (other than rain and high winds), me + ferry in a storm ain't gonna happen. Plus, I'd much rather dedicate an afternoon to the drier parts of PEI than trying to drive through a province that IS getting hit with a hurricane...
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Return to “General Chat”