I know this dog!!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: I know this dog!!

Postby Aquarius » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:58 pm

Alelou wrote:Oh-oh. Highlights are the first thing I give up when I don't have steady income.

Although, you might pick up other color work. I mean, if you're really turning grey, and you're desperately trying to get a job, dye might be an important part of your job-hunting strategy. I know I think about going back to a fulltime non-freelance job not because I really want one but because I'm conscious that I'll be fifty soon and it could be a lot harder to get one after that.

Yeah, tell me about it. Everyone thinks my industry is bulletproof when it comes to the economy. People cut back on colors, and they start stretching out the time between haircuts.

So for now, my marketing strategies for myself are "job interview" specials geared toward the unemployed, and high school/college students who may be fashion conscious but are on a budget, either because allowances don't go far, or because after paying for tuition and books there isn't much left. The job interview specials do place emphasis on color...either for people who want to be tinted back to their natural color because they can't afford the upkeep on hilites, etc. any more, and the gray coverage you mentioned, because even though age discrimination is illegal, we all know it's alive and well in this competitive job market. :(
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Buurman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Show On Map: No

Postby Buurman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Aquarius wrote: ... and they start stretching out the time between haircuts.

Be happy there aren't more like me. It can take over six months between a haircut with me. :D

I believe my last haircut ... hmm, I can't remember my last haircut. It was either past september or past may. One of those. :lol:

Makes for interesting facial expressions when I'm talking to women :lol:
"It proves that even the most disagreeable species have some ... positive attributes." T'Pol, Bound

As finishing touch, God created the Dutch!

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Haircut.? What the hell are you talking about? Do you know the feelings of a man who uses a hat because... because... OH! HOLY CRAP! :censored:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:07 am

^ ^^ Then I guess you're both lucky you don't live in Michigan...otherwise I'd have to hunt you down and tie you to my chair and give you a proper haircut!! :tsktsk: :P :lol: Just say no to split ends!!

And, seriously...? I'd much rather talk about how hot Connor looks in that pic with Tony's dog... :loveeyes:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Return to “General Chat”