The Weather Channel

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The Weather Channel

Postby CX » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Can you tape any plastic or cardboard up over the hole?

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:57 pm

You mean the windowless window? I can't reach it it's way up high. It wouldn't make much of a difference anyway though because like I said the doors are just a strip in the middle and it's wide open above and below the door. And also it's like 2 showers and the wall between them also ends where the door ends. So everything's wide open all the time. :(
ImageImage

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:50 pm

So, how many more years you planning on living there? I say you and a couple of zoo mates figure out a way to rent a place somewhere ELSE.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Ah, enterprikayak...
Your avatar! :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:59 pm

With what money?? :? :(

And besides I hate the zoomates, and they hate me too they wouldn't wanna share a place with me anyway. Except for the really crazy psycho ones which... NO. :? :upchuck:
ImageImage

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:26 pm

Ladder? Door strips?

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 pm

:?
ImageImage

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:25 am

Colder :? :faint:
ImageImage

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:12 am

Elessar wrote:Laura Ingalls WILDER! :lol:

It's... 10-20. Inch or two of snow.

Like, -12C? Yikes.

Well, I'll be thinkin' of ya in March when I'm walking around in short sleeves and you're still prying frozen mud off your boots and stitching your sampler by the fire.

...missouri.... :guffaw:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:50 am

TPoptarts wrote:Colder :? :faint:

Coldest.
;)

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:38 am

Whoa I've never been anywhere THAT cold. :? :faint: :shock: Like it sometimes snows in the winter where I grew up, but it was never even close to being that cold. Yikes :? I kinda miss the snow actually because it's fun. Even though it's cold. But anyway.

Hey how many pairs of socks is everyone wearing? I'm wearing 3 at the moment... and my feet are still frozen :? :p :roll: :lol:

Gah where's all my fat layers when I need them. :?
ImageImage

Bookworm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Bookworm » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Here the temperature is from -2 to +2C outside, so it's not cold. I'm wearing only one pair of socks and I've already changed from long sleawed sweater to shorther sleawed shirt, because it's warm inside even though this isn't one of the best build houses the windows here are large and only double classed at home we have tripple classed warm windows.

It must be true that in warmer climate you get cold easier, because here anyone wouldn't even consider having a windowless window or even a window with only one class and no insulation. My friend lived several years in England and one of the things she missed from home the most was houses with proper insulation and heating.

Would it be possible to get someone to do something about the window? I mean even if they wouldn't listen to you, but would it work if someone else complained a lot? I hope the weather gets warmer there soon TPoptarts. How long does your colder season usually last?

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:28 pm

I'd say get yourself some nice wool socks, T'PopTarts, but I have no idea where you'd find them there. (Overstock.com?) And polyester fleece. I adore polyester fleece.

I was always cold in Britain too, especially at my cousin's house in Edinburgh. In fact when I got back home my doctor asked when I'd gotten frostbite on my toes, which was enlightening since my cousin the doctor had informed me I simply had "chillblains" and implied that I should stop whining -- this after he'd dragged all of us including his three wee children out into the snowy Pentlands for a miserable hike until I'd sat down in the snow and refused to go any further because I couldn't feel my feet anymore. However, they did have some nice customs to help them cope -- huddling around the gas fire in the evening for tea, a towel warmer in the bathroom, and hot water bottles in the beds at night. I used to do that last one myself here in Averill Park myself until the bottle developed a leak. Not good in a bed! :lol:
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:30 pm

So CX, a low of -12F is actually MINUS TWENTY FIVE CELSIUS?????! Holy hell.

PS - why you peeps still using Fahrenheit? You DO know that you're the only ones left, yes?

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:43 pm

It's how we can tell when we've accidentally tuned in a Canadian radio station. :)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Return to “General Chat”